Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spider Nightmare

TD_washingtonredskins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

New tarantula species from Angola distinct with a one-of-a-kind 'horn' on its back

A new to science species of tarantula with a peculiar horn-like protuberance sticking out of its back was recently identified from Angola, a largely underexplored country located at the intersection of several Afrotropical ecoregions.

newtarantula.jpg

Collected as part of the National Geographic Okavango Wilderness Project, which aims to uncover the undersampled biodiversity in the entire Okavango catchment of Angola, Namibia and Botswana, thereby paving the way for sustainable conservation in the area, the new arachnid is described in a paper published in the open-access journal African Invertebrates by the team of Drs John Midgley and Ian Engelbrecht.

Click on the link for the full article

I just wanted to add:  **** spiders.  By far the creepiest things ever  created.  I dont blame those people who burned down their hourse trying to kill a spider.  Have you ever noticed bug spray doesnt do anything to spiders but make them angry?  I discovered this after empyting about two cans of bug spray one time, my eyes are foaming, Im drooling and feeling weezy, slurring my words, and Im all like "**** it Illll geeet a thiriird caaan, one oof ussss gooot to gooooo got to gooo." - but the spider is perfecly fine, like "Bring it biotch, bug spray is just a refreshing spritzer for me."

Have you ever noticed that every time you see a spider in your house, it looks its been there...watching you....for a while?

Spiders are the serial killers of the insect world?  What other creature, besides the Iceman and maybe Hannibal Lecter, store their victims bodies for months at a time????

I dont trust anything that has more foresight and planning skills than I do.  Like Im lucky if I manage to remember to take the meat out of the freezing in the morning to defrost it for dinner.  If I ever managed to be able to excrete silk out of my ass, I miiiight be smart enough to roll into a ball and try to sell it.    But weave a complex web in order to catch food for the winter?   Nope, nope, that would never occur to me -- thats some higher level **** right there.

7 hours ago, Koala said:

I dont trust anything that has more foresight and planning skills than I do.  Like Im lucky if I manage to remember to take the meat out of the freezing in the morning to defrost it for dinner.  If I ever managed to be able to excrete silk out of my ass, I miiiight be smart enough to roll into a ball and try to sell it.    But weave a complex web in order to catch food for the winter?   Nope, nope, that would never occur to me -- thats some higher level **** right there.

I wouldn't mind them all that much if they didn't set up shop in the most inconvenient of places.

Your shower

Your shoes 

Your clothes

Your mailbox

Your roll of toilet paper

Your dashboard in your car

Holding you hostage, spinning a torture web across your own  deck and sitting in the middle, daring you to come outside and grill those turkey burgers

Watching you while you sleep

Nothing else does that, while simultaneously having the power to kill you in minutes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Driver injured after spotting spider, crashing car, police in Greene County say

CAIRO - A woman in Greene County was injured after crashed her car in response to a spider spotted in the driver's area, the Town of Cairo Police Department said on Facebook Wednesday.

The incident happened in the Town of Cairo, about 35 miles south of Albany. Police said the driver crashed her car on Silver Spur Road there.

As for why she crashed, police pointed to an arachnid.

"It is believed that the operator of the vehicle noticed a SPIDER in the drivers area with her as she was driving," police wrote on Facebook. "The operator panicked and crashed suffering a leg injury from the crash."

190411j.jpg?itok=Q7mwW77_

• 2 weeks later...

SHUSHI-CRAWLY Creepy ‘sushi’ spider found in man’s home leaves internet users baffled

A SYDNEY man has turned to the internet for answers after finding a bizarre spider that looks like a piece of sushi hiding in his home.

William Williamson posted a photo of the odd looking critter to a local community Facebook group in Australia, in the hope someone could identify it.

NINTCHDBPICT000485530796.jpg?w=960

People were quick to point out the spider looked like a tiny piece of sushi, complete with rice, avocado and fish eggs.

The majority of social media users claimed they had never seen anything like it before.

One person said: "At first glance I thought this was a piece of sushi."

Another said: "Is this what Easter bunny or dog spat out? Yuk.”

One user was completely horrified by the eight-legged find, urging Mr Williamson to “burn the house down”.

The mysterious spider was eventually identified as an Ordgarius magnificus, more commonly known as the magnificent spider.

These spiders are found on Australia’s east coast and, thankfully, pose no threat to humans.

A fully grown female can reach up to 2.5cm, according to the Australian Museum.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Doctor finds spider building a nest inside man's ear

May 8 (UPI) -- A Chinese doctor shared video of the unusual cause of a patient's ear discomfort -- a spider building a nest inside his head.

The video filmed at a hospital in Yangzhou, Jiangsu province, shows the inside of an ear belonging to a patient identified by the surname Li.

Li came into the hospital complaining of discomfort in his ear and the doctor looked inside to discover a small spider was building a nest inside the man's ear canal.

The doctor said the spider was too small and fast to be grabbed using tools, but hospital staff were able to use water to flush the arachnid out of the patient's ear.

VIDEO

Click on the link for the full article and video

Walked into my kitchen today and a tiny little spider was hanging on a thread about chest level.. slowly winding to the floor.. i had my phone in my hand so i put it under him and let him land on it, i figure i'd just flip him out the back door.

Little **** scooted and climbed into my headphone jack. I could see him in there. I had to get a pin and poke at him til he came out.

He was then crushed.

I am patient, but do not tempt my wrath, little spider.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spider forces frightened woman out of van; vehicle sinks into North Georgia river

An eight-legged creature is being blamed for the loss of a woman’s van in the Etowah River on Sunday.

The woman told a state trooper she was trying to back her Kia van down the Neel’s Landing Boat Launch to put her kayak in the river when a spider jumped in her lap.

Naturally, she jumped out of the van. The van then rolled into the river, the Georgia State Patrol said.The agency sent a trooper to the boat launch in the western part of Bartow County near Kingston. By the time the trooper arrived, the van had long slipped out of sight.

• 3 weeks later...