Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We've been losing. What I want is for us to finish dead last."

zoony

"We are not likely 1-5, we are 1-5". oh, really? did i miss the upcoming 2 games? what was the final score?

lol. posts like that make me embarrassed to be a part of this franchise. havent you heard "ANY GIVEN SUNDAY"??? we are not 1-5. we are 1-3 right now. we have a chance to be 2-3 next week, all we need is a win.

Man, you must be a new Skins fan.

I used to be like you....Any Given Sunday....which is very true when you have talent on your team....we have talent but its in the wrong place. We have talented WR's however our O-line has 1 guy with talent on it.

We cant compete with teams that are more talented...its as simple as that. 

1.  Shelve Griffin.  Blame a 'lingering' foot injury.  Nothing good will come from him stepping on the field with this cast of losers.  Stash him for next year, let him work on his game at practice.  Give him that year on the bench that developing QB's need, use the ankle injury as an excuse to keep the media off.  If you feel like you MUST play him, fine.  No more read option nonsense.   Hell, no more waggles and boots.  Make him drop back and throw from the pocket on every play in the interest of reps and devlopment.

Shelving Griffin was Shanahan's move.  We don't need to be doing that.  He needs to play, take every snap, run as many plays as possible, see every coverage and situation, and figure it out.

Agreed 100%.

I'd add:

10.  Tell Gruden he is no longer calling the offensive plays.  You will hire a QB Coach and Sean McVay will be your offensive coordinator.  Focus on becoming a good head coach.  He needs to learn how to plan for games during the week and manage game situations on Sundays.  He can't do that effectively being the offensive coordinator during practices and worrying about what play to call on 3rd and 7.  That's why both of those positions are typically separate from the Head Coach.       

Shelving Griffin was Shanahan's move.  We don't need to be doing that.  He needs to play, take every snap, run as many plays as possible, see every coverage and situation, and figure it out.

I'd be okay with that, though I'd prefer to let him sit.  He does need reps though, you are correct, and at the end of the day there is no substitute for game experience.

Agreed 100%.

I'd add:

10.  Tell Gruden he is no longer calling the offensive plays.  You will hire a QB Coach and Sean McVay will be your offensive coordinator.  Focus on becoming a good head coach.  He needs to learn how to plan for games during the week and manage game situations on Sundays.  He can't do that effectively being the offensive coordinator during practices and worrying about what play to call on 3rd and 7.  That's why both of those positions are typically separate from the Head Coach.       

I like that idea.  However, I think there are some successful head coaches out there that call the offensive plays aren't there?

I would go a slightly different route. But I agree in principle.

I actually think a top tree pick in the NFL draft is often fool's gold. So, I'm not too desperate to land there. 4 through 8 will do fine. And I want to load up on picks for this year and next year for reasons explained in my thead that nobody read because I suck.

One thing I do: I end the QB "controversy" today. RGIII is my starter when he is healthy. And he is my starter in 2015 barring unforeseen acts of God. Oh....and his ankle is taking longer to heal than I would like. He's projected to be back after the 49ers game.

I want my QB set in stone, and I'm going with the supremely talented guy. I also want to make it seem like I have a long-term plan.

I announce that I have no plans to trade Cousins because a great backup is valuable in the NFL. And then I trade him for whatever I can get. Nothing against Kirk, but Gruden has three years at tops to be a success here or he is a coordinator for life. RGIII is the better bet for a huge year.

I put in a traffic code for Polumbus if I have to. Because I flat out cut him. Seriously, what's the point of that guy? He's not even a good backup tackle. And I'm sending a message to the fans: I'm fixing this problem.

Playing younger dudes is fine. Let's do that. Sure.

Great post.  But, honestly, we have the worst owner, organization and reputation in all of sports.  There is no strategy that will restore the pride, competency or winning if that plan does not include a change of ownership.  Us 40+ year old Redskins lifers should make the end of the Snyder era our core goal and our singular mission going forward.  Boycott games, boycott concessions, hammer this regime constantly on any and all social media, etc - I'm open to suggestions.  It is the only way and the sooner we get this ball rolling, the better.

I officially back this.

How about a "Change the Owner, Not the Name" campaign?

Someone create a "Snyder Facts" website.

Are there any hot girls out there who could secretly record him saying racist things? That's what I want for Christmas: a recording of Snyder saying racist things that results in his ousting from the league. It would make the season so festive and beautiful.

If you read the post it is not the posters feelings but John Keim's rant of what he thinks should happen. But you know he makes some very good points about how this team has been designed and who is actually making the calls on personnel. But we all have to remember that Snyder does own the Redskins and he is always going to have a say in the players that are drafted or signed by the team so live with that the best you can. This team will never win consistently because they are undisciplined and average players. We have some superstars on this team that can play but we also have a lot of players that no one else in the league would touch with a ten foot pool. Tyler Polumbus is a prime example of that. Our Secondary has swiss cheese holes mostly because it is made up of a lot of outcast players and rookie or 2nd year players. Depth is still a big issue and will continue to be the issue until they start drafting players we can develop and not household names that are past their primes. This team can't get out of its own way. Period.

If RG3 is physically healthy after the bye, he needs to play.  The guy needs reps....I don't want to have 2015 as another "learning" year.

Man, in the 14 years of ES, I don't think I've ever seen the membership this down.  Folks, this is a first year head coach.....yeah, I know....Chip Kelly......but that is the exception.  Normally there is pain involved. But, as usual, you guys bought into the hype.

You're right I shouldn't have bought in. But then we competed until late in the 4th quarter with a playoff team in the Eagles. I thought we were turning a new leaf.  :(

just for sake of argument, say we do end up with the #1 overall pick next year along with the 1st pick in each subsequent round.  will it be enough to turn around the franchise in 1 season or even 2?  depending on FA and our cap and knowing how bruce is always looking forward 3-5 years on managing it, i just don't see the team getting better enough to not have to start over with a new coach once again....   then, when that happens, who's to say the new coach will even like his inherited roster?  to me, it's a cruel/vicious cycle we seemingly can never get out of...  i think we need some new thinkers in the FO to get out of this mess... the 2nd coming of bobby beathard would be a good start...

I would go a slightly different route. But I agree in principle.

I actually think a top tree pick in the NFL draft is often fool's gold. So, I'm not too desperate to land there. 4 through 8 will do fine. And I want to load up on picks for this year and next year for reasons explained in my thead that nobody read because I suck.

One thing I do: I end the QB "controversy" today. RGIII is my starter when he is healthy. And he is my starter in 2015 barring unforeseen acts of God. Oh....and his ankle is taking longer to heal than I would like. He's projected to be back after the 49ers game.

I want my QB set in stone, and I'm going with the supremely talented guy. I also want to make it seem like I have a long-term plan.

I announce that I have no plans to trade Cousins because a great backup is valuable in the NFL. And then I trade him for whatever I can get. Nothing against Kirk, but Gruden has three years at tops to be a success here or he is a coordinator for life. RGIII is the better bet for a huge year.

I put in a traffic code for Polumbus if I have to. Because I flat out cut him. Seriously, what's the point of that guy? He's not even a good backup tackle. And I'm sending a message to the fans: I'm fixing this problem.

Playing younger dudes is fine. Let's do that. Sure.

I've often wondered why bad Teams like us and the Jaguars don't adopt a 3 year plan and really stick with it.  I mean a REAL 3 year plan.  Most plans adopted are the "future is now" and "get better every day" BS you hear from NFL Films in the 1970s.

I mean a 3 year plan similar to:

2015:  Trade 1st round pick for a 1st and a 2nd in 2017 and a 2nd in 2018.  Trade 2nd round pick for a 2nd and a 3rd in 2017.  Use remaining picks on guys that are physical freaks but suck at football.  Play them, watch them suck, learn, and grow to their ceilings.  Trade anybody of value on your team that you can.  If you have a guy worth a 3rd round pick, surely he'd be worth a 2nd in 2017, wouldnt he?  Do that. 

2016.  Do the same, trade out of the first and second rounds. 

2017:  Use your 28 draft picks including 3 first rounders, 9 2nd rounders, etc. etc. and literally pick your entire football team from the draft.  Supplement your roster with the physical freaks who have learned how to play over the past two years and the $50 million you have in cap space saved up. 

I know I'm being a bit ridciulous but I stand firmly by my point- why haven't we seen any kind of strategy like this from any nfl team, ever?

just for sake of argument, say we do end up with the #1 overall pick next year along with the 1st pick in each subsequent round.  will it be enough to turn around the franchise in 1 season or even 2?  depending on FA and our cap and knowing how bruce is always looking forward 3-5 years on managing it, i just don't see the team getting better enough to not have to start over with a new coach once again....   then, when that happens, who's to say the new coach will even like his inherited roster?  to me, it's a cruel/vicious cycle we seemingly can never get out of...  i think we need some new thinkers in the FO to get out of this mess... the 2nd coming of bobby beathard would be a good start...

Depends how Long and Moses pan out. If those guys are quality starters by the end of the year i think we could be in decent re-build shape. 

I'm 100% in on a youth movement. Not to concede the season but they couldn't be much worse than what we saw yesterday. 

Here's my problem -- because we have never conceded to do a rebuild for the last 10-20 years we've been rebuilding for 10-20 years. It's insane to think the same methodology will work in the face of all this failure. Get a draft expert to work under Allen, pay them an ungodly amount of money. Trade players away. I like Orakpo, but if he leaves for free we probably get a 2nd rounder in compensation. 

Rebuild. Let's develop young talent, acquire more young talent. Learn to play hard. Come in as underdogs and overachieve. Play as a team. 

dude ... since my only real exposure to you to-date was to get spanked I didn't know what to expect ... great post

I'd like to see you add something about building a fan friendly 12th-man oriented stadium ... easy to get to and away from, seats wide enough for adult males who've spent even a moment in the weight room to sit in, and no piped-in noise BS

Man, you must be a new Skins fan.

I used to be like you....Any Given Sunday....which is very true when you have talent on your team....we have talent but its in the wrong place. We have talented WR's however our O-line has 1 guy with talent on it.

We cant compete with teams that are more talented...its as simple as that. 

nope. been a skins fan since the 05 season. i am a diehard fan, so of course i am going to expect us to win any given sunday. that phrase is true for any team.

What's even more embarrassing are fans like you that are more embarrassed by the fans than you are of the teams play. It's the fans fault!

no, its embarassing that the fans are already saying "1-5". have the next two games been played already? no. so are we 1-5? or are we 1-3?

It's on record here on what I and many others think about Danny boy. That's never going to change. He's a disaster in so many ways it would take too long to point them out. He's poisoned this franchise and it all started when he tried to play fantasy football with this team when he bought it. It hasn't recovered since. He's a disaster. I can't stand the little ****. I loathe him. Please sell the team you little ****. We need to get your fingerprints off this franchise. Have you illegally cut down any more trees dick?

nope. been a skins fan since the 05 season. i am a diehard fan, so of course i am going to expect us to win any given sunday. that phrase is true for any team.

no, its embarassing that the fans are already saying "1-5". have the next two games been played already? no. so are we 1-5? or are we 1-3?

Can I have some of your Prozac?

The reason you want that top pick is some team will be QB desperate. A team like the Rams, who badly need a QB to compete in that division, may be willing to move up.

We need a draft with multiple first round picks, ensuring we can keep guys for 5-6 years who have high ceiling talent.

And then we need the scouting empire I have spoken about for years to help us find 4th through 6th rounders

Damnit, we had this same f'ng conversation in 2009 and 2011. It really is groundhog's day with this team 

I would consider '05 new to crowd. And like i said i love that you haven't been tainted by the Skins yet. And i sure hope you never are. lol

Im pretty decent at judging the Skins. Good and bad...going into this season i really thought we had shot this year...thought the D was gonna be better...was hoping the rooks would have a chance to start on the line....thought Robert was gonna have a big season....obviously i was way wrong.

Whats most concerning to me is how bad the D and ST is....i didn't think they could get much worse than they were last year...they man not be worse but they certainly dont look any better. 

Archived