Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts on Cousins and the next few weeks

Turnovers and forcing balls have always been my concern about Cousins.

Clearly he was awful last night, but that happens. Still another few weeks for him so let's all just calm down and see how he responds. I suspect the truth is on average he is not close to as bad as he was last night, but also not the franchise QB in waiting many were saying he was after the Eagles game. Let's see how it plays out.

My liver might not hold out that long.

I think Martin is right. This game was one of those games that an immature team like ours has and Cousins had a horrible 3rd Q ... (although I do remember a 7 turnover game Campbell had against the Giants.. ) he put together two nice drives and the turning point was the Paulsen turnover from that point we were really chasing. 

The major issue in this game was injuries we had a lot of injuries.

Cousins is a smart guy and hopefully one with a short memory because Monday is going to be tough if he doesn't

Pretty much sums it up.

Yeah it does. That's why the "getting the ball out quickly" tag people say over and over again means nothing if you're throwing it quickly to the other team. That's why I don't understand why anyone thinks a different outcome would've happened in the Houston game. It was WAYYYY more DLINE pressure in that game than last night.

I mean he didn't do that against the Giants last season....

In fact, he got his ass kicked by the Giants last season

Actually it was Cousins not RG3 who got his butt whipped by the Giants last season.  20-6.   Cousins had one of the most horrible games I've ever seen from any QB that day, 19 for 49.    When RG3 played the Giants, 24-17, not his best game, but a lot better than Cousins.  he went 24 for 32. 

Actually it was Cousins not RG3 who got his butt whipped by the Giants last season.  20-6.   Cousins had one of the most horrible games I've ever seen from any QB that day, 19 for 49.    When RG3 played the Giants, 24-17, not his best game, but a lot better than Cousins.  he went 24 for 32. 

He said he was drinking last night after the game so his memory may have been a little foggy. I'm glad someone quoted and corrected him though.

sorry ... I must have got confused after trying to keep track of the score last night

Last night was certainly something NOT to see. That's for sure. I don't want to bash or dump on Kirk. But, last night spoke for itself. I hope he can do A LOT better going forward.

@Dan Graziano:

Giants DBs said Cousins was staring down his receivers, they saw it on film and Pierre-Paul pointed it out in-game.

@JP Finlay:

Asked #Giants DB Zack Bowman what it was like going against #Redskins Kirk Cousins tonight: "It's like Christmas." #RedskinsTalk

Remember that extraordinary final drive RGIII had against the Giants that nobody remembers because Madog**** Williams got smoked by Nicks for the game losing TD 30 seconds later?

I'm started to think that even a HOF QB couldn't win with this team. We have too many holes to overcome and our D is banged up to the point you gotta score 40 points a game to keep up with an average team. I also think that Cousins arm gets tired through out the game. Guys would be 3 yards ahead of defenders but he would throw 3 yards short.

@Dan Graziano:

Giants DBs said Cousins was staring down his receivers, they saw it on film and Pierre-Paul pointed it out in-game.

@JP Finlay:

Asked #Giants DB Zack Bowman what it was like going against #Redskins Kirk Cousins tonight: "It's like Christmas." #RedskinsTalk

Yikes.

To be honest I noticed the staring down as well, and if I could see it on TV with my non-professional eye then I'm sure it was glaringly obvious to the DBs on the field.

Archived