Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts on Cousins and the next few weeks

Man this thread is normally jumping with comments. It's a GHOST town in here today.

As bad as I wanted RG3 to get another start, I thought this thread would have  been ghost town today because Kirk had played lights out and crushed a division rival.

I just wonder now, do people think he should still start after this debacle if he plays well the rest of the way. I think he should still get a chance at a competition next season IF he plays extremely well the remaining games.

But at this point you absolutely have to start RG3 when he comes back this season, regardless of Kirks remaining play. So at least RG3 gets to go through his growing pains when were playing meaningless games anyways

thank goodness i didnt watch the game

but if im reading the reports correctly, he dropped a stinker. I will give him time, but some of you all deserved a game like that from Cousins for crowning dude so early without him actually accomplishing anything of note in the NFL.

Seattle coming up too. I dont know what to say about that game. THat is all.

I'm started to think that even a HOF QB couldn't win with this team. We have too many holes to overcome and our D is banged up to the point you gotta score 40 points a game to keep up with an average team. I also think that Cousins arm gets tired through out the game. Guys would be 3 yards ahead of defenders but he would throw 3 yards short.

RG3 in 2012 won against a better Giants team with an even worse Redskins team.

Also, it could be that his arm gets tired, or it could be that he throws with too much rhythm (if thats possible) so defenders can predict when the ball is coming out? Combined with staring down targets, maybe this leads to easy picks/ incompletions

As bad as I wanted RG3 to get another start, I thought this thread would have  been ghost town today because Kirk had played lights out and crushed a division rival.

I just wonder now, do people think he should still start after this debacle if he plays well the rest of the way. I think he should still get a chance at a competition next season IF he plays extremely well the remaining games.

But at this point you absolutely have to start RG3 when he comes back this season, regardless of Kirks remaining play. So at least RG3 gets to go through his growing pains when were playing meaningless games anyways

Yeah Jandre002 I think you called it last night if I can remember that you where a little worried about the Giants. I honestly thought the team and Kirk would play better than that. But we kept reminding people to save your praises for Kirk. It's way too early. Now none of them are posting today. We where called fanboys. hypocrites etc etc etc. But, I'm not going to dump on Kirk. He is what he is to me. That's why I kept saying RG3 was better.

You have to put him back in when he returns. That stretch of games will be against ALL of our division rivals after week 10.

KC had two really nice games but I don't think it was reasonable to say he was the future. Bill Cowher got carried away last night.  He played terrible. Now we're going to see what he's made of. Is he going to fold? Or is he going to man up and try and correct his mistakes. You have to be mentally tough to play QB in the NFL. We'll see if Cousins is mentally tough these next few weeks.

Captain Kirk is hiding in his secret idenity right now. thats why.

LOLOL man stop LOLOLOL.......Kirk looked completely shook last night. You have to have some wheels if you're a QB behind this OLINE. But, he threw some ugly picks too. It was almost that hot potato effect going on.

During the interview last night, the Giant DB said they where tired of hearing about Kirk Cousins all week. Now the media is trashing Kirk today after they praised him for the past 2 weeks. That's a shame. The media and "secret sources" are now angry with Kirk because he screwed up their "QB controversy" BS they've been pushing!

Cowher called him "The future of the Redskins" last night in pre-game.

Cowher was a complete "FOOL" for saying that.

During the interview last night, the Giant DB said they where tired of hearing about Kirk Cousins all week. Now the media is trashing Kirk today after they praised him for the past 2 weeks. That's a shame. The media and "secret sources" are now angry with Kirk because he screwed up their "QB controversy" BS they've been pushing!

Haha yup. Did you all happen to read Jason Reid's bull**** article today? Somehow he managed turning last nights game into a way to bash RG3.

I really really really hate that idiot.

Cowher was a complete "FOOL" for saying that.

some of our fans are mad too.

Robert has never been this bad, not even close. This was Ryan Leaf territory. An instant benching if not for Colt McCoy sitting below Cousins on the depth chart.

Benching Cousins based on this one game makes no more sense than declaring him the permanent starter following the Jaguars or Eagles games.

@Dan Graziano:

Giants DBs said Cousins was staring down his receivers, they saw it on film and Pierre-Paul pointed it out in-game.

@JP Finlay:

Asked #Giants DB Zack Bowman what it was like going against #Redskins Kirk Cousins tonight: "It's like Christmas." #RedskinsTalk

I wanted to "like" this post because it is very true, but the comments are so painful that I couldn't bring myself to do it :(

KC had two really nice games but I don't think it was reasonable to say he was the future. Bill Cowher got carried away last night.  He played terrible. Now we're going to see what he's made of. Is he going to fold? Or is he going to man up and try and correct his mistakes. You have to be mentally tough to play QB in the NFL. We'll see if Cousins is mentally tough these next few weeks.

I have much respect for you Alexa. At least you're one of Kirk supporters that can be level headed with your observations. I'm surprised that some of Kirk's BIGGEST supporters are NOT saying ANYTHING!! But, it's ok because I still like Kirk and want hiim to do well. I just don't feel he's the better QB. But I won't bash him either. Like others do to RG3.

Can you imagine what would be said on this board today had RG3 had that kind of performance? Look at some of the things said after the Texans game!!! He would've got hung in here today had he performed like that in the Texans game.

Well, glad to see all the desperate attempts by the biased Cousin backers to degrade and crap on Griffin in the name of pumping up Cousins is being mirrored by the other side now degrading and crapping on Cousins in the name of pumping up Griffin.

Gotta love this fanbase.

Haha yup. Did you all happen to read Jason Reid's bull**** article today? Somehow he managed turning last nights game into a way to bash RG3.

I really really really hate that idiot.

Are you serious??? Where's the article bro? How in the hell can you begin to mention RG3 in relation to last nights game? WOW

I have to stand up and concede that I overrated Cousins. I'll drop in the caveat that he could revert back to how he played in his first two appearances this year and this latest game could be the outlier, but given our luck and history that isn't what I'm anticipating. 

I thought he was much more comfortable and poised than he showed last night but he flat-out panicked and threw up all over himself in the second half. I'll hold out hope (like the fool that I am) for another couple weeks that this was just a learning experience. But, I have to live by some of my previous points (guys show early on that they can just play, etc.). 

Ugh. 

Archived