Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts on Cousins and the next few weeks

An healthy RGIII wouldve torched that Giants defense. I know, I'm a "fanboy" or whatever the hell you want to call me but RGIIIs ability to run adds another dimension that coordinators do not want to deal with. You can't pin your ears back when the other teams QB can take it to the house at any time.

I don't think that RG3 still exists. Before the injury, sure. He's not the home run threat he used to be.

I mean he didn't do that against the Giants last season....

In fact, he got his ass kicked by the Giants last season

You miss the Chiefs game last season?

If you did it's ok, I missed the last 3 quarters intentionally 

I stand by my comments. 4 INTS in a 15 minute span plus a sack fumble for 5 turnovers in a single professional football game? Never. Find me the stats. Kirk has come up small again and again. He is a choker. He can't extend plays. He gave up. Choked. Pull the stats I'll wait.

I said the same. Prior to the season I said this was rg3s "show me" season. When Kirk stepped in I warned about expectations prior to the eagles game. I was a week early. Honestly I thought he'd make it to the Seahawks before he had a disaster of a game but man did he implode spectacularly tonight.

I'm just sick of the arguments telling me how good we will be or this player will be. When it happens it's real. Until the it's probably more false hope.

Can I at least have my false hope Destino? Do you need to take that away too lol

By that point in the season? Yeah he was.

I'm talking about the final night game at Fedex

He still wasn't even a year removed from surgery. I don't buy the fact that he was healthy at any point last year.

I stand by my comments. 4 INTS in a 15 minute span plus a sack fumble for 5 turnovers in a single professional football game? Never. Find me the stats. Kirk has come up small again and again. He is a choker. He can't extend plays. He gave up. Choked. Pull the stats I'll wait.

...I was just responding to your quote on RG3 never checking out.

I don't need a refresher on Cousins' stats since the game just ended like 3 hrs ago. 

He still wasn't even a year removed from surgery. I don't buy the fact that he was healthy at any point last year.

Ok. So where was this during the Texans game then?

Honestly, who the **** cares? We suck. Again.

The difference is that you think we're just one guy away and I think we're completely screwed.

Basically semantics. I'm just gonna cry and drink

...I was just responding to your quote on RG3 never checking out.

I don't need a refresher on Cousins' stats since the game just ended like 3 hrs ago. 

You brought up the KC game so pull up the stats, silly. I'll wait. It is on you to provide proof.

What about the Texans game? The one where he threw 4 picks with a sack fumble and lost us the game singlehandedly? That one? Show us the stats. I'll wait.

Honestly, who the **** cares? We suck. Again.

The difference is that you think we're just one guy away and I think we're completely screwed.

Basically semantics. I'm just gonna cry and drink

They didn't call it. Gruden even said the gameplan was terrible against Houston. What you saw against Jacksonville was what was coming. That was RGIII. He will return and he will be good.

It's not that I think we're one player away, most teams simply do not have an answer for an healthy RGIII. There has never been another player to come in the league with his combination of speed and accuracy. When healthy, RGIII is the leagues ultimate weapon.

How does Kirks performance today affect the dissatisfaction with RG3? Is he going to stop holding the ball too long because Kirk threw 4 interceptions? Did Kirks fumble stop RG3 from running backwards to turn a sack into scoring drive destroying 15 yard loss or equivalent grounding penalty? Which one of a Kirks mistakes erases the 2013 season? Maybe watching Kirk implode taught Griffin to be a pocket passer (which really means, be an actual passer in the NFL and a franchise QB)?

Actually I think it will. Just at peace in mind alone. RGIII was blamed for everything here. Hell, people gave our Oline a pass and blamed Griffin for their bad play.  " He makes them look worst" " holds the ball to much"   Once everyone knows he's the clear best QB on the team it will only help griffin. It's not rocket science! After one preseason game this year we had a QB competition. Griffin only threw 4 passes I think and one should have been a TD. Many fans still wanted him benched for Cousins. You can't tell me with all that pressure off of his shoulders people are now judging the "TEAM" as a whole and not just RGIII will make the difference IMO

You brought up the KC game so pull up the stats, silly. I'll wait. It is on you to provide proof.

What about the Texans game? The one where he threw 4 picks with a sack fumble and lost us the game singlehandedly? That one? Show us the stats. I'll wait.

1)....Dude, no one is defending Kirk so I don't even get the second thing you posted.

2) 

12/26 164 6.3 1 1 5-16 6.6

That's an awful performance. Only thing he didn't do was turn the ball (that much). Point stands that he checked out. The whole team did. Just like tonight

They didn't call it. Gruden even said the gameplan was terrible against Houston. What you saw against Jacksonville was what was coming. That was RGIII. He will return and he will be good.

It's not that I think we're one player away, most teams simply do not have an answer for an healthy RGIII. There has never been another player to come in the league with his combination of speed and accuracy. When healthy, RGIII is the leagues ultimate weapon.

In 2012, yeah.

We don't know if that guy still exists. 

1)....Dude, no one is defending Kirk so I don't even get the second thing you posted.

2) 

12/26

5-16

That's an awful performance. Only thing he didn't do was turn the ball (that much). Point stands that he checked out. The whole team did. Just like tonight

In 2012, yeah.

We don't know if that guy still exists.

There's only one way to find out dude....

2) 

12/26 164 6.3 1 1 5-16 6.6

You realize you're describing a game with a 3-9 team out of any contention and playing a legit contender, right? You're actually comparing the team "checking out" in that game to tonight when Cousins just mentally crumbled in a an early season, winnable game?

FWIW, Cousins came into that KC game and played worse than Griffin did.

You realize you're describing a game with a 3-9 team out of any contention and playing a legit contender, right? You're actually comparing the team "checking out" in that game to tonight when Cousins just mentally crumbled in a an early season, winnable game?

Wasn't it snowing as well? And didn't Dexter McCluster have like the greatest special teams game of all time that day lol

Jesus man....

Anything perceived as a slight to Griffin III has to be defended to the death right? But I'm pretty sure if anyone were to say that same thing for the last few Cousins starts then **** would get crazy right??

And what the hell does the last pat of the post have to do with anything???

This is why I've been saying to pump the brakes on the elite talk until Cousins gets a bunch of starts under his belt. From what I've seen, he doesn't handle pressure well and isn't all that accurate. He makes some "wow" throws now and again, but even some of the completions against the Eagles were great catches by the WR because the throw was off the mark. I didn't watch the Giants game (living in Europe sucks for football season), but it doesn't sound like it was much different. I sincerely hope this was nothing more than a "bad game", but I'm tempering expectations.

Jesus man....

Anything perceived as a slight to Griffin III has to be defended to the death right? But I'm pretty sure if anyone were to say that same thing for the last few Cousins starts then **** would get crazy right??

And what the hell does the last pat of the post have to do with anything???

I really couldn't care las about defending Griffin in this context. I was pointing out how utterly silly your comparison was.

And the second part had nothing to do with anything. That's why it was presented as an afterthought, with the "FWIW' tag.

Why don't you calm down and try to post something decent now?

I really couldn't care las about defending Griffin in this context. I was pointing out how utterly silly your comparison was.

And the second part had nothing to do with anything. That's why it was presented as an afterthought, with the "FWIW' tag.

Why don't you calm down and try to post something decent now?

the chick in your sig is a 6 at best

Turnovers and forcing balls have always been my concern about Cousins.

Clearly he was awful last night, but that happens. Still another few weeks for him so let's all just calm down and see how he responds. I suspect the truth is on average he is not close to as bad as he was last night, but also not the franchise QB in waiting many were saying he was after the Eagles game. Let's see how it plays out.

Archived