Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts on Cousins and the next few weeks

As someone who likes Cousins, that was one of the worst passing performances I've seen in quite some time. You could tell he had zero confidence.

Play of the game was the Paulsen fumble imo. Had a chance to cut it before half....and then he blows it.

It reminds me of all those games where Robert had us marching down the field and someone else would ruin it with a holding call, false start, or fumble. The team we have put around our QBs is shameful. Our pockets always have defenders within 2 feet of the QB resulting in hurried throws and no lanes to throw from. A QB shouldn't have to see a defender turning the corner every time he finishes his drop.

It's a shame that half this fan base gave up on Robert too soon, now that the guy they wanted to be a franchise QB so bad has shown himself against a good defense, that half of the fanbase is washing their hands of both QB's instead of re-investing the time back into the guy who coaches felt was the better of the two.

I thought it wasn't about Robert vs. Cousins......but that was only until Cousins sucked, now it's like everyone refuses to admit they spoke way too soon and bailed way too soon.

Oh yea... All the good things they saw in Cousin's game all of a sudden noone can see it anymore.. lol And they refuse to see the Griffin is CLEARLY a better QB

Sometimes **** happens. One pick was a great play by the safety, on a throw that was a tad late. Another pick was due to cousins getting hit right as he threw, which would have been an EASY TD because a skins WR was wide open due to a giants db falling down. The other two were horrible decisions right to the defense.

Kirk had a horrible game, but so do many good QB's. Keep it in perspective.

The thing with Cousins is this isn't his first horrible game.   I'll stick with what I've been saying on the thread Cousins needs a string of games to show what he can do.  I guess I've been labeled on this thread as being pro-RG3 and negative on Cousins because I defend RG3 and still think the dude is a franchise QB/star.  I didn't agree with those who wanted to crown Cousins as the be all and end all based on a couple of good games and some sort of QB Greek God.    In my view, Cousins' whole career both the past and the future needs to be considered together as opposed to cherry picked.  We have probably another 5 games to go, and will see what we got.  

No, what you saw tonight was "garbage". Griffin has nothing like that on his resume.

It's okay Cali, let them have their moment. We've got 55 pages of RGIII bashing, this ones gonna be tough on them.

For being honest about my team?

I'm pretty sure you aren't a Redskins fan lol

Like RG3, I'm willing to give Kirk more time

You sure about that? Maybe you're confusing yourself with another quarterback.

Unless that wasn't you that basically summed up Griffin as a terrible quarterback who doesnt "Throw from the pocket like a man" or whatever that phrase was. Sounded like Griffin was out of time...

I swear to God, 4 years from now, after losing 40 straight games, people will still be talking about the 7 game win streak RG3 had in 2012. 

You know...you'd think that this thread, of all threads, would be a blazingly hot reminder to all of us about how incredibly stupid it is to draw any conclusions about either of our QBs.

Apparently not.

Archived