Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

Looks like Burakovsky will be our 2C.  He's earned it. 

It's going to be interesting to see what Trotz does with Kuznetsov.  While I would love to see what he could do on a wing w/ Burakovsky as the C, I dunno if Trotz would do that.  Last thing I want is Burakovsky centering a ling with Laich/Brouwer on his wings.  That would be a COMPLETE disservice to him.  Those two, paired....BASURA. 

It's going to be interesting to see what Trotz does with Kuznetsov.  While I would love to see what he could do on a wing w/ Burakovsky as the C, I dunno if Trotz would do that.  Last thing I want is Burakovsky centering a ling with Laich/Brouwer on his wings.  That would be a COMPLETE disservice to him.  Those two, paired....BASURA. 

Yeah, I was just coming in to say that.  He's been outstanding.

I thought it was an expiriment but he looked like he was outclassing a lot of the Flyers ones last night in what was pretty much a regular season-type game.

Kid's impressive.  Pass the fork.

If he is going to be up on the team, they need to have someone on his line that can win face offs cause he currently sucks at it really bad.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Basically, **** off cuz you're one of the biggest pessimists on the board my dude

It's not about being a pessimist, it's about having an opinion because you actually watched the game B) I don't care if you are positive or negative if you actually know what happened by watching.

This Caps season should be an interesting one.  We will see if Steady Teddy totally screwed the pooch with not hiring a GM outside of the organization.

Thanks DC9, SpringfieldSkins, and PokerPacker.  Sounds like they'll be some good options.  I know the ice at Kettler is pretty good, I played in a charity-ish game there two or three years ago.  If I ended up in Arlington/Alexandria that would be a great place to play.

Back to the Caps...

I get the feeling that Burakovsky is going to stay at 3C to start the year.  He's had great chemistry with Chimera and Ward (although, who doesnt?) and that way he's surrounded by two wingers who are ver defensively solid.  

Before the preseason I was of the mindset that Burakovsky should definitely start the year in Hershey.  No doubts about it.  He'd be learning a new position and adjusting to the physicality of league, so the AHL would be a great stepping stone.  I thought he would really have to impress to even be considered.  

Well, he's been really, really impressive.  Unlike Carrick and Wilson who looked like they might be able to hold their own at the NHL level, Burakovsky has been best-player-on-the-ice good.  He's been MUCH stronger on the boards than I anticipated, and it's clear he sees the game very well.  He always seems to be in the right spot through the neutral zone and anticipates what's going to happen very well.  He's earned his spot.  

I don't anticipate he'll look this good all year long.  He's battling hard right now, but a lot of vets that he's matched up against are giving pre-season level efforts.  It'll be interesting to see how he does when the level of play is bumped up a bit.  Either way, with what he's shown enough in terms of strength, vision, and playmaking ability, I don't think keeping him in the NHL will stunt his growth.  If anything the high level of competition might be what he needs.

That list is absolutely laughable.

ANY list that doesn't have Jonathan Quick at number 1 is a joke. This list has him at 7. Has Tuuka Rask at 1? MAF at 4? Does this person even watch hockey?

yeah, the list is pretty bad. I also noticed that there's conveniently exactly one goalie from each team. Because, you know, every single starter is better than every single backup.

It's supposed to be a fantasy hockey list but I was surprised reading that how Fleury was so high

Maybe they are banking on Trotzy's system helping Holtby.

I banked on Roy helping Varlamov last year.  You know what it paid?  DI-VI-DINS, son!

So then it gives weight to goalies that start every game.

Still, that list is bogus.

Not so much goalies that start every game, but goalies that get a lot of wins. Get a lot of starts on a team that gets a lot of wins and you're in good position even if you don't have the best GAA/SV%

Archived