Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

Yeah, Selanne knows he put out soe stuff that shouldn't have been put out: 

“In the book, I tried to explain honestly what happened last year,” Selanne said. “In frustration, I made several comments following our Game 7 loss to the Kings that I shouldn’t have said.”

“As I’ve said many times, Bruce is a nice guy, but we simply had a different view on my role with the Ducks. I’m sorry if I hurt Bruce or anyone else, that was not my intent.”

I didn't realize it until the start of the 3rd period that it was on NHL network. I mean, you never used to see preseason games: I was just looking on the sports menu and there it was. Might want to check for replays today.

Yeah, the Flyers game is on tonight at 10pm (delay).

CSN shows them all live, but they get blacked out in NC.  Need to wait for the Center Ice package to take effect.

Who started out at 2C?

I think it was Burakovsky with Chimmer and Ward.  Not a lot of folks played yesterday.  

Yeah, it was... here were the lines:

Mike Vogel @VogsCaps  ·  19h

#Caps lines today vs. BUF: Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wellman, Chimera-Burakovsky-Ward, Laich-Stephenson-Kennedy, Walker-Latta-Spencer.

Saw Latta with Chimmer and Ward later in the game.  A lot of ass on that line.

I think it was Burakovsky with Chimmer and Ward.  Not a lot of folks played yesterday.  

Yeah, it was... here were the lines:

Mike Vogel @VogsCaps  ·  19h

#Caps lines today vs. BUF: Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wellman, Chimera-Burakovsky-Ward, Laich-Stephenson-Kennedy, Walker-Latta-Spencer.

Saw Latta with Chimmer and Ward later in the game.  A lot of ass on that line.

I'm fine if they consider Chimmer and Ward the second line. In reality they were last year playing just slightly less than the actual sorry second line. However, I can't imagine Burakovsky playing on a 2nd or 3rd line. Granted I didn't see the game, but looking at the stats and he lost 9 of 11 faceoffs. Can't be a center with those stats.

The more I read, the more I am excited that Trotz is the new head coach. I just wish Ted had followed through on his promise of fresh eyes on the organization.

I'm fine if they consider Chimmer and Ward the second line. In reality they were last year playing just slightly less than the actual sorry second line. However, I can't imagine Burakovsky playing on a 2nd or 3rd line. Granted I didn't see the game, but looking at the stats and he lost 9 of 11 faceoffs. Can't be a center with those stats.

The more I read, the more I am excited that Trotz is the new head coach. I just wish Ted had followed through on his promise of fresh eyes on the organization.

Nah, he's probably just toying with things.

He's been a great winger for his country's U-21 team.  No reason to mess with that.

Nah, he's probably just toying with things.

He's been a great winger for his country's U-21 team.  No reason to mess with that.

Good to know. It seems like the Caps management is wanting to create a center out of one of these young guys that have all played wing their entire careers.

Good to know. It seems like the Caps management is wanting to create a center out of one of these young guys that have all played wing their entire careers.

It sounds silly... but why not draft a Center? :lol:

I mean, we've known we've needed C's and D's for years and we just love drafting wingers.  Hopefully Mc can get out of his own way.

It sounds silly... but why not draft a Center? :lol:

I mean, we've known we've needed C's and D's for years and we just love drafting wingers.  Hopefully Mc can get out of his own way.

They only draft centers in order to trade them for two month rentals. Between Eakin, Perrault, and Forsberg they would have at worst solid 3rd and 4th line centers with the potential for Forsberg or maybe Eakin to develop into a 2C someday. This way they could not be forcing guys like Kuz and Burak into the center position. Anyway, this is why I would have overpaid for Grabs. It allows other to develop and he would have been solid in the system for a few more years. To me, unless you are a superstar talent, you need to develop in the minors rather than have young guys waste years on a 4th line.

They only draft centers in order to trade them for two month rentals. Between Eakin, Perrault, and Forsberg they would have at worst solid 3rd and 4th line centers with the potential for Forsberg or maybe Eakin to develop into a 2C someday. This way they could not be forcing guys like Kuz and Burak into the center position. Anyway, this is why I would have overpaid for Grabs. It allows other to develop and he would have been solid in the system for a few more years. To me, unless you are a superstar talent, you need to develop in the minors rather than have young guys waste years on a 4th line.

I'm out of likes, but I'd like to like this twice.  Great post and I agree 100% on all of it.

Tonight's lines are below.  Remember, game re-airs on NHL Network at 10pm:

Mike Vogel @VogsCaps  ·  29m

#Caps lines vs PHI: Conner-Kuznetsov-Brouwer, Vrana-Johansson-Fehr,Byers-Newbury-Mitchell, O'Brien-Latta-Brown.

Mike Vogel @VogsCaps  ·  28m

#Caps Defense (I think): Schmidt-Carlson, Hillen-Kundratek, Erskine-Oleksy.

Love to see Latta getting more work.  Kid can play.

Archived