Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

Yeah, the jersey isn't bad.  I won't purchase one, but I've seen worse.

Maybe take 2 stripes off the shoulder.  They went with the double stripe on the bottom of the sweater, but went with the quadruple stripe on the shoulder.  Double stripe on the shoulder would be better.

Same with the socks.  Too many stripes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL41rjmWdVs

Is it going to be possible for non-season ticket holders to get tickets to the Winter Classic?

I don't know.  I'm going to try, myself but we'll see. 

Verizon holds about 19k and Nats park holds over 40k, so I would think so.

Why do you ask?

Should've just worn our 1975 jerseys for the anniversary.  Those are disgustingly ugly.

I like most of the older ones, actually.  I didn't like the teal ones for whatever reason.  I did like the black ones though... I use them all the time in the NHL videogame.

Washington+Capitals+1000.jpg

I don't know.  I'm going to try, myself but we'll see. 

Verizon holds about 19k and Nats park holds over 40k, so I would think so.

Why do you ask?

I definitely want to go but living in Raleigh I don't have season tickets. I did see the the NHL gives tickets to both teams and when I was looking it up the Capitals only mention season holder tickets being in line to get tickets. I guess I will have to call in a few favors in order to get tickets.

I definitely want to go but living in Raleigh I don't have season tickets. I did see the the NHL gives tickets to both teams and when I was looking it up the Capitals only mention season holder tickets being in line to get tickets. I guess I will have to call in a few favors in order to get tickets.

Eh I'd be surprised if that wasn't only an initial perk of being a season ticket holder.

Kind of like our STHs get right of first refusal on pretty much everything going on at FedEx. 

But I could definitely see these going for a huge Xmas bounty.  Our area loves to do stuff like that.

That was a fun game to attend. Had front row seats for the Oleksy/McQuaid fight (literally). Liam O'Brien did a good job getting himself noticed as a FA invitee. The guy next two seats over from me commented that this game probably wasn't going to be intense as it's just preseason, and I responded that while the main NHL guys may not be intense, guys like Stephenson and O'Brien are gonna be looking to make an impression and will leave it all out there; maybe three seconds later, O'Brien leveled a Bruin and got into a fight. Finished the night with a Gordy Howe Hat Trick. Not bad considering he had only 2:25 playing time after the first period. He may be able to make it as an NHL energy guy in the future.

Went to Total Hockey in Sterling today. If you play hockey, that place is like a Toys R Us.

Got my skates sharpened while I waited (they do flat bottom V, yes!) and "test drove" some sticks. They have a synthetic ice surface there that you can shoot around on with an assortment of sticks they have available. Turns out I really like the Hossa curve. The puck on my stick with that curve feels so much more controlling. I could toe drag way easier than with the Landeskog curve I currently have. Almost bought a stick on sight but they didn't have any cheap Hossas. A boat load of the new CCM tacks sticks though.

If anyone here who plays ever gets a chance to go to Total Hockey I promise it isn't a waste of time.

Went to Total Hockey in Sterling today. If you play hockey, that place is like a Toys R Us.

Got my skates sharpened while I waited (they do flat bottom V, yes!) and "test drove" some sticks. They have a synthetic ice surface there that you can shoot around on with an assortment of sticks they have available. Turns out I really like the Hossa curve. The puck on my stick with that curve feels so much more controlling. I could toe drag way easier than with the Landeskog curve I currently have. Almost bought a stick on sight but they didn't have any cheap Hossas. A boat load of the new CCM tacks sticks though.

If anyone here who plays ever gets a chance to go to Total Hockey I promise it isn't a waste of time.

I'm so jealous of Sterling. They get Total Hockey and Hockey Giant. And having close proximity to quality rinks like Reston and Ashburn? Oh, and the public outdoor roller-hockey rinks to enjoy during the summer.

You aren't looking for a winter team to play on are you?

Nah, I played the summer season (and won the championship in dominating fashion 10-1 :)), but I'm taking the winter season off as my work load is about to explode working on my senior design project. I figured I'd just make myself available as a sub instead of making a big time and financial commitment for this season.

Where are you playing these days?

Nah, I played the summer season (and won the championship in dominating fashion 10-1 :)), but I'm taking the winter season off as my work load is about to explode working on my senior design project. I figured I'd just make myself available as a sub instead of making a big time and financial commitment for this season.

Where are you playing these days?

Fairfax and Reston.

Fairfax is D1 and Reston D.

Oh, it was the Fairfax D1 championship I just won. Which team were you on?

I just moved up this coming season. There's a new team that just formed called White Whale. Who won last season and what teams do I need to look out for.

I need some inside info for the coming season. I play center, so any tips you could give would be appreciated.

Archived