Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

So let's just say that Latta is 3C between Chimera and Ward and Kuz is 2C. That leaves Brouwer, Wilson, MoJo, Laich and Fehr for the 3 spots left on the top 2 lines. Who gets left out?

MoJoke, lol.  But I wouldn't stack it quite like that.

Ovi - Nicky - Ward/Fehr

Wilson - Kuz - Ward/Fehr

Laich - Latta - Brouwer

I like that 3rd line to have some ass.  You can change out Wilson and Laich as needed.

I gladly would've given up Mojo to get MattyP back.  I loved Perrault.

Problem with this team yet again is their is only one decent finisher.  Fehr I guess, sort of.  Everyone else has to put forth 110% effort and poke and prod and get seven rebounds to score.

The only place Johansson can play is center, he is a worthless winger.  He cannot score or win battles or eat up possession time.  He's a decent passer and has lots of speed.  He needs to play down the middle.

8-19-20

21-92-43

42-16-25 (I don't mess with this line)

83-46-67

You really want to try the Eric Fehr at center debacle again?  Nah, he has to play wing.  He's a shooter not a passer and he has little defensive ability which you need from your centers come springtime.

Problem with this team yet again is their is only one decent finisher.  Fehr I guess, sort of.  Everyone else has to put forth 110% effort and poke and prod and get seven rebounds to score.

The only place Johansson can play is center, he is a worthless winger.  He cannot score or win battles or eat up possession time.  He's a decent passer and has lots of speed.  He needs to play down the middle.

You really want to try the Eric Fehr at center debacle again?  Nah, he has to play wing.  He's a shooter not a passer and he has little defensive ability which you need from your centers come springtime.

I can see Kuznetsov being a finisher, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Wilson get more ice time with some good hockey players. He and Kuz looked pretty good in their limited time together.

As for Fehr at center, I he works pretty well between Chimera and Ward, but then again, who didn't? I can see him slotting there if necessary, but I would like to see him get a chance to play wing with more skilled players.

Even assuming we put Ovie back at LW, RW is still a difficult position for us to slot in. We want to get Fehr with better players, and we want to set Wilson free of the chains of the 4th line, but with the inseparable Chimera-Ward pairing, and Troy Brouwer, How are we gonna get them all on the ice?

Winter Classic to be held at Nats Park?

Yes, that's official.

I am also of the mind where Fehr needs to be a winger.  He is a bonafide shooter, and easily the second best shooter on the team.  If I had my druthers he'd be on the second line to give Kuzya an option.  I'd have Ward on the first line with Ovi.  I've seen Ovi with MoJo (speed) for the last two years and it's been depressing.  I want to see Ovi with power (Wardo) and finishing ability.

Especially when offensive zone puck possession is an issue.  You put a power guy in there to absorb bodies.  The little speed guys get knocked off their marks.  Ideally you have a shooter, facilitator, and power guy on each of your top two to three lines.

So that would go like this:

Ovi (shooter) - Nicky (Playmaker) - Ward (Power)

Wilson (Power) - Kuzya (Playmaker) - Fehr (Shooter)

Not sure what you want to do on that third line.  I'd rather that 3rd line be the puck cyclers.

Laich - Latta - Brouwer

Trotz said he's going to try Ovechkin at left wing to start camp.  I think that's a good call.  The team is overly deep at RW and this helps spread the load around.  Good news for Wilson too.  

On a side note, hate my first skate of the year last night... and ended up with a broken rib.  Looks like I may be doing more watching than playing for the start of the season.  Bullocks.

Especially when offensive zone puck possession is an issue.  You put a power guy in there to absorb bodies.  The little speed guys get knocked off their marks.  Ideally you have a shooter, facilitator, and power guy on each of your top two to three lines.

So that would go like this:

Ovi (shooter) - Nicky (Playmaker) - Ward (Power)

Wilson (Power) - Kuzya (Playmaker) - Fehr (Shooter)

Not sure what you want to do on that third line.  I'd rather that 3rd line be the puck cyclers.

Laich - Latta - Brouwer

I love the idea of Ward on the top line, but I haven't found anyone else to agree with me yet.  He's better at dirty goals than anyone else on the team and I really think he could slot into Knuble-type role pretty easily.

I love the idea of Ward on the top line, but I haven't found anyone else to agree with me yet.  He's better at dirty goals than anyone else on the team and I really think he could slot into Knuble-type role pretty easily.

I can think of a couple of dirty goals that MoJo has missed over the last couple of years.  Some of them were season saving.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24714299/teemu-selanne-slams-ducks-coach-bruce-boudreau-in-new-book

Teemu Selanne Rips Gabby in His New Book:

(Absolutely delicious, btw :) )

Teemu Selanne's post-hockey life now includes a new biography in his native Finland. It's only been a few months since the future Hall of Famer retired, but several revelations in the book make it sound like Selanne could still be playing if a few things were different in the last year of his career with the Anaheim Ducks.

Like a lot of post-career biographies do, Selanne drops some serious bombs, perhaps the most salacious of which involve current Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau.

“If we had any other coach, I'd still play,” Selanne said according to translated excerpts obtained by Sportsnet.ca's Chris Johnston.

There was much more on Selanne's working relationship with Boudreau particularly over the last season, including Selanne's belief that Boudreau is to blame for the Ducks falling short in the playoffs.

“It would have been wrong if we had won the Stanley Cup with a coach like that,” said Selanne.

Boudreau has long been criticized for his teams' failures in the playoffs. The head coach has never made it past the second round in six trips to the postseason.

Some of Selanne's barbs at Boudreau stem from how the veteran forward was used last season. He complained about not seeing as much time as he was promised on the power-play unit and that his ice time kept shrinking.

Things came to a head when Selanne was scratched for Game 4 of the Ducks' first-round series against the Dallas Stars.

More from Sportsnet.ca:

“I waited after everyone else had left the ice and skated to Boudreau,” he said. “I yelled at him right to his face with what I was thinking. I asked what he has against me. I told him that since he became our coach, he has not respected me one bit. You never put me on ice when we play 5-on-3 or 4-on-4 or when we are one goal behind in the end of the game. Be honest for one time and answer.

“He just stammered that decisions were not his alone and it was a group decision. I asked which group and he said GM and scouts. I yelled at him ‘Whoa, what kind of a coach are you if you don't even decide the lineup?' He tried to skate away but I just yelled that I wasn't finished.

“I told Boudreau if you ever want to win something in a playoffs, you're going to need me. Nobody else wants to win as much as me.”

Archived