Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

Yes it didn't count but glencross still gave us the lead and we blew it. We were two minutes from advancing with a one goal lead. If you couldn't shut them down for two minutes you didn't deserve to win the series.

They just flatlined after game 5. It's their fault. Even if they won game 5 win game 6. But no... They trailed two nothing... In the first.

worth a double-post for this:

http://novacapsfans.com/2015/07/08/trotz-reveals-joel-wards-no-goal-call-in-game-5-was-reviewed-at-recent-nhl-meetings/

League reviewed Joel Ward's no-goal that cost us the series against the rangers. All 30 teams agreed it should have been a goal including the Rangers.

...  and who is surprised.

Now, all they need to do is review the Ranger's 'goal', make another apology, and we can all agree that the calls during that game/series were decidedly one sided.

This makes me soooo mad and disgusted at the same time.  Originally, I was OK with the call and thought it was a 50/50 call....but after discussions on here and now this, all I can say is the Caps are definitely cursed.  Seriously, that call goes our way giving up that goal with 1:42 left makes it a one goal game still.  We win and move on....I think we would of taken out TB and we match up very well against the Hawks.   This was our year to win the cup and the NHL screwed us.....Bettmen better find a find to "make this up to us"..next season in the playoffs.   Seriously I am so angry right now, how can they allow such a screw up in a decisive playoff game.  

Did they explain the reasoning why they concluded it was a no goal and has that official been fired?

worth a double-post for this:
http://novacapsfans.com/2015/07/08/trotz-reveals-joel-wards-no-goal-call-in-game-5-was-reviewed-at-recent-nhl-meetings/

League reviewed Joel Ward's no-goal that cost us the series against the rangers. All 30 teams agreed it should have been a goal including the Rangers.

The NHL did screw us but it happens. We still blew a 1-0 lead with 2 minutes to play when we shouldn't have. And then after that as I've been trying to tell you all (damn phone) we came out FLAT in Game 6. 

**** happens. A team with heart would have accepted that. Tampa lost Game 5 to the Habs and they were going to Game 6. Do you know what they did Game 6? They shut down Montreal. They won. Did we see that fire here? No. I was at game 6. Like 5 seconds in. Kreider scores. 1-0 Rangers. 5 ****ing seconds in. Deflates the whole place. Gives them momentum and hope. 

Game 6 IMO is still the most important chance to knock them out. There were 3 major opportunities to win games post-Ward-retracted goal. They didn't convert on ANY. They didn't win Game 5, 6, or 7. One of those they got off to a TERRIBLE start and fell behind 4-1. Don't blame the refs when this team didn't have the killer instinct to capitalize off a 3-1 lead and take the Rangers out. Don't blame the refs when the Caps kept giving the Rangers hope. 

The NHL did screw us but it happens. We still blew a 1-0 lead with 2 minutes to play when we shouldn't have. And then after that as I've been trying to tell you all (damn phone) we came out FLAT in Game 6. 

**** happens. A team with heart would have accepted that. Tampa lost Game 5 to the Habs and they were going to Game 6. Do you know what they did Game 6? They shut down Montreal. They won. Did we see that fire here? No. I was at game 6. Like 5 seconds in. Kreider scores. 1-0 Rangers. 5 ****ing seconds in. Deflates the whole place. Gives them momentum and hope. 

Game 6 IMO is still the most important chance to knock them out. There were 3 major opportunities to win games post-Ward-retracted goal. They didn't convert on ANY. They didn't win Game 5, 6, or 7. One of those they got off to a TERRIBLE start and fell behind 4-1. Don't blame the refs when this team didn't have the killer instinct to capitalize off a 3-1 lead and take the Rangers out. Don't blame the refs when the Caps kept giving the Rangers hope. 

First, like I ask anyone who thinks the reffing is even, please show me a series where you said, "Boy, the Caps really got the benefit of  lots of calls to win that one".  Yes, I'll still be waiting long after next season starts.

It was absolutely the refs who gave the Rags hope.  They were done, lost, etc, when they scored that BS goal with 1:40 left in 3rd period of game 5.  Even the trail linesman saw, and signaled, they needed to stay on bench.  NOT ONE look from NHL,  NOT ONE.

No goal there, and series is over.

Yes, still bitter, because I haven't seen such a blatantly bad non-call (and not even a discussion/talk to the home office) on such an important play.

By the way, watch the Rags/TB series again to see what REAL reffing means.  The Rags had more PP called against them in the first 2-3 games than in all 7 vs the Caps.

Dont blame the refs? It was a goal that should've counted that would've most likely been the deciding factor in a playoff series lol. Yes it's their fault. This idea that teams should constantly have to overcome awful calls made by officials who now have the opportunity to fix said awful calls and still refuse to do so is beyond ridiculous. They were cheated and it is absolutely the officials fault that the Caps didn't move on to the next round.

Yes, we should have beaten the Rangers in 5 and then rolled the Nancy-boy Lightning in the following series on our way to the Cup. We'd already beaten the Blackhawks in the Winter Classic and it would have been a great story for the NHL. Caps in 6.

That didn't happen though. NBD.

Is anyone actually surprised? We have seen this sort of shenanigans with all our teams for decades. Ill name another 2 that happened within the last year. Wall breaks his hand in the 2 round of playoffs, J. Zimm is pulled in the 9th after giving up a complete horse**** walk on a strike zone that was the size of an orange for that at bat.... We give up the tying run and lose 9 innings later in the 18th.

Need New Thread ASAP.

Gotta leave all this nonsense in the past. Bad trades, choke jobs, bad calls, etc...All in the past.

Go ahead and start it up, brother.

I'm all for a fresh start!

Just title "offseason and regular season" in there.

Go ahead and start it up, brother.

I'm all for a fresh start!

Just title "offseason and regular season" in there.

Me starting a thread about a sports team would guarantee a lottery spot in the draft. I'm NC State cursed as in 5 outs from the college world series and up 8-1 only to lose in extra innings cursed :lol:

Me starting a thread about a sports team would guarantee a lottery spot in the draft. I'm NC State cursed as in 5 outs from the college world series and up 8-1 only to lose in extra innings cursed :lol:

I'll start one if you bless off. 

But I also started this one... so...

Dont blame the refs? It was a goal that should've counted that would've most likely been the deciding factor in a playoff series lol. Yes it's their fault. This idea that teams should constantly have to overcome awful calls made by officials who now have the opportunity to fix said awful calls and still refuse to do so is beyond ridiculous. They were cheated and it is absolutely the officials fault that the Caps didn't move on to the next round.

get outta here with that they could have won game 6 but came out flat. If you were at the game you could see it

Don't disagree that the caps were mentally soft....they have always been that way.....just saying the fact that the calls always seem to go against us in the playoffs... When is our break?  when is someone else going to get the short end of the stick against us?  I know that sounds like loser talk, but with the history of this franchise we deserve a break for Lord Stanley's sake!!  Game 6, no question we crap the bed but that would of been a non factor if the damn officials had made the proper call.  The reason I am so bitter is that this was a decisive game not some regular season game or even game 1, this was a possible playoff clinching game and to allow the officials to make that call which could alter the direction of a franchise is frustrating.    I rather had the officials taken 30, 50 minutes to review the goal carefully over and over to ensure such a goal in a critical stage in the series was on the line.  It was in my opinion, complete negligence on the NHL's behalf to make such a rush call with what was at stake. 

I'll start one if you bless off. 

But I also started this one... so...

and they were better this year than last year?? Maybe we should have a contest to see who the least cursed sports fan in this thread is. Who has rooted for a, say, college team recently and they won a championship?

Who cares if the refs are against us. Shut the Rangers up. They had THREE CHANCES TO BEAT NEW YORK. THEY DIDNT. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REFS. It was their lack of killer instinct

Officiating was shady but only losers complain about the refs. Winners move on and kill any life. Winners don't fall behind by 4-1 in game six.

and they were better this year than last year?? Maybe we should have a contest to see who the least cursed sports fan in this thread is. Who has rooted for a, say, college team recently and they won a championship?

My football team won the Lombardi a few years ago. But then again, we did just commit the biggest choke job in NFL history in the Conference Finals this year.

I nominate either Poker or Brave... they haven't started a Caps thread yet.  And are therefore undefeated.

Also, we now have two LEGIT playoff killers on the team in my opinion with Kuznetsov and Williams.

If Ovi comes around to being a playoff killer with a little bit of pressure being released... we're going to win the cup this year.

Archived