Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

Williams I love because he knows playoff victories. Oshie I was mixed on. I may warm up later but as of this point he and Brouwer are pretty much the same age, and Brouwer put up goals more regularly in the regular season as indicated by the prior statistic. I'm not totally pissed off though. I hope I can see more production from Oshie here...hey I thought Orpik was too old and I hated the move but he came in here and did pretty good for himself. So we'll see on Oshie.

Not sure if you're aware but overall points are a much better barometer of a good player

Look at Brouwer's then compare it to Oshie

Brouwer never got to 50 points in his life

I could NOT LOVE THIS TRADE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW drafting the goalie makes sense.

This guy GMBM is a baller

Literally just logged into facebook and saw this post from the Caps.

I'm SOOOOOOOOO ****ing happy right now bro

THIS!!!!!

GMBM had a plan all along...

Our top-6 is going to be insane.  This is a ****ing complete team. 

In his tenure, I think GMBM has earned the right to NEVER be compared to GMGM again.  He's doing his job exceptionally well and putting the pieces together to hopefully make a contender.  From top to bottom (at least on paper), there are no real weaknesses outside of finding a 3C. 

Oshie had 19 goals in only 72 games this year. Browuer had 21 goals in 82. Oshie is better at everything. Brouwer was a black hole on both ends of the ice this postseason. So glad he's out.

First, I like Browuer, but the problem with him is similar to other guys GMGM brought in - they were paid to be 1/2 line players but were really 3/4 line players.  If they had been played in their realistic roles, along with being paid realistic money, I have no problem.

As for the comparison, yes last season Broweur had 21 goals vs 19 for Oshie.  Keep in mind that they scored 8 power play goals and 3 power play goals, so after that, the totals are 13 - 16.  Playing with Ovie will be a god-send for Oshie.  He played for US team in World Championships, has great skills and played with guys nowhere as good as Ovie and Backs.  Great trade.

Given Oshie's assist numbers, he will be more of a playmaker than Brouwer as far as the regular season goes, but Brouwer did put up some good goal scoring numbers without always playing with a great center. I would like to see Oshie with Kuznetsov rather than with Backstrom. I think Kuz will take advantage of playing with a better passing wing.

I'm happy to see GMBM making changes cause the team needed a shake up. Time will tell if these moves make a bit of difference.

I'm happy to see GMBM making changes cause the team needed a shake up. Time will tell if these moves make a bit of difference.

This.

So tired of seeing the same cast of characters.  Bring in a new supporting cast and lets see how they perform.  We have enough evidence how the other cast did.

Not sure if you're aware but overall points are a much better barometer of a good player

Look at Brouwer's then compare it to Oshie

Brouwer never got to 50 points in his life

http://www.tsn.ca/making-sense-of-oshie-trade-1.324331

Oshie wasn't the only Blue to not perform during the playoffs, but he was one of them. He finished his tenure in St. Louis with just nine points in 30 games.

:unsure: 

Oshie is a very streaky player, he can get hot but he also gets cold too. I really hope he can be consistent here and I mean I'm fine with the deal because it's a shakeup and it's a gamble. But it's not a sure lock like many are saying. All this is based on his prior performance though with the Blues. 

This whole team is starting to move on, we've got new players, we're starting to shake things up, and mold a team that can contend. Whether they do so is another story. But yall should know not to be fooled by splashy offseason signings, especially you Redskins fans. What matters is on the field of play. I hope he does well, I don't mean to keep harping on him, but he isn't perfect and we haven't won anything yet. 

In his tenure, I think GMBM has earned the right to NEVER be compared to GMGM again. He's doing his job exceptionally well and putting the pieces together to hopefully make a contender. From top to bottom (at least on paper), there are no real weaknesses outside of finding a 3C.

Didnt we re-sign Beagle?

Marty St. Louis retired.

If he wasn't coming here - that's the best news.

Dude absolutely owned the Caps for his whole career.

Doesn't Beagle slot in as the third line center?

I'd really like them to re-sign Fehr

Would love that, too... but not sure we have the coin.

I think Latta can step up and play 3C this year.  It's time.

Archived