Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

Hfboards insists we sign semin

**** no

Why not.  Vet min and put him back with the only guys he feels really comfortable on the ice.  If he playes anywhere near his previous level, giant win. If not, cut him w/almost no cap hit.

Unless the caps are going to trade Brouwer or switch Semin to LW, there is NO reason to sign him anymore.

Williams, Brouwer and Wilson are RWs on the top-3 lines.

Better to focus on a 3rd C at this point which is still a real big hole on this team. (Please don't say Jay Beagle or Burakovsky)

Why not.  Vet min and put him back with the only guys he feels really comfortable on the ice.  If he playes anywhere near his previous level, giant win. If not, cut him w/almost no cap hit.

i lol'd

why not go full Redskins "vet min + incentives"

All hail GMBM. What a steal. Brouwer sucks, 3rd rounders are 99% useless and we already have one of the best goalies in the league. And for that we get a fantastic two-way forward.

GMBM is not screwing around. 

Our top 6 is loaded now.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kuznetsov-Burakovsky-Williams-Oshie

As Costanza would say..I'm busting.

I could NOT LOVE THIS TRADE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW drafting the goalie makes sense.

This guy GMBM is a baller

All hail GMBM. What a steal. Brouwer sucks, 3rd rounders are 99% useless and we already have one of the best goalies in the league. And for that we get a fantastic two-way forward.

GMBM is not screwing around. 

Our top 6 is loaded now.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Kuznetsov-Burakovsky-Williams-Oshie

As Costanza would say..I'm busting.

Literally just logged into facebook and saw this post from the Caps.

I'm SOOOOOOOOO ****ing happy right now bro

Unless the caps are going to trade Brouwer or switch Semin to LW, there is NO reason to sign him anymore.

Williams, Brouwer and Wilson are RWs on the top-3 lines.

Better to focus on a 3rd C at this point which is still a real big hole on this team. (Please don't say Jay Beagle or Burakovsky)

Do you like apples Hersh?!?!?!

----------------

Captain America returns to the Nation's Capital. 

The knock on Oshie is he disappears in the playoffs, and he's joining a team where they desperately need secondary scoring other than Ovechkin. But a ton of players have sucked in the postseason for a while until they get over that hump and drop that label. In addition the whole issue is a systemic issue with the Blues as most of their team seems to disappear come playoff time. 

Hopefully GMBM has assembled a proper supporting cast here to have a go at the Cup. You've got to say, this lad's first two years as GM haven't been that bad. Orpik and Niskanen have been strong signings, and in year 2 he's gone after Justin Williams and TJ Oshie. I'm very curious to see how these new offensive additions pan out, but I've also been beat before and teased before and I want to see what happens come playoff time.

He better contribute in the playoffs here because we DESPERATELY need secondary scoring 

Thse moves hopefully address this issue 

So tired of seeing the entire offense shut down because Ovechkin is being targeted and shut down by other teams. Get him some damn help. He can't do everything by himself. 

Playoff non performer

Are you referring to Brouwer or Oshie? Because it's true for both, but Oshie is clearly the better player.

So happy to get rid of another glorified 3rd line forward. Hopefully Oshie improves his attitude. 

The negative is that Oshie isn't as prolific a goal scorer as Brouwer. Brouwer regularly put up 20 or more goals every year. Oshie did that only once. The knock on him other than playoffs is that he doesn't score enough goals. 

One would hope a scenery change would help because the guy does get a reputation as one that is overrated a bit 

Take notes GMGM. That is how you offseason.

The negative is that Oshie isn't as prolific a goal scorer as Brouwer. Brouwer regularly put up 20 or more goals every year. Oshie did that only once. The knock on him other than playoffs is that he doesn't score enough goals. 

One would hope a scenery change would help because the guy does get a reputation as one that is overrated a bit 

Oshie plays in a far more stringent system in STL. He will be potting 20 with Backstrom feeding him and Ovechkin drawing multiple defenders. 

Williams I love because he knows playoff victories. Oshie I was mixed on. I may warm up later but as of this point he and Brouwer are pretty much the same age, and Brouwer put up goals more regularly in the regular season as indicated by the prior statistic. I'm not totally pissed off though. I hope I can see more production from Oshie here...hey I thought Orpik was too old and I hated the move but he came in here and did pretty good for himself. So we'll see on Oshie. 

Williams I love because he knows playoff victories. Oshie I was mixed on. I may warm up later but as of this point he and Brouwer are pretty much the same age, and Brouwer put up goals more regularly in the regular season as indicated by the prior statistic. I'm not totally pissed off though. I hope I can see more production from Oshie here...hey I thought Orpik was too old and I hated the move but he came in here and did pretty good for himself. So we'll see on Oshie. 

Oshie had 19 goals in only 72 games this year. Browuer had 21 goals in 82. Oshie is better at everything. Brouwer was a black hole on both ends of the ice this postseason. So glad he's out.

Archived