Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

Hart going to Price is a joke. And to win in a landslide? He plays for any other team and Ovie cruises to Hart. Pathetic.

I didn't even watch.  I totally expected that.  I think we all did, brother.

Hart going to Price is a joke. And to win in a landslide? He plays for any other team and Ovie cruises to Hart. Pathetic.

To be fair, the Canadians were a crap team only held together by Price. 25th in Shots For per game and 21st in Shots Against (as in 9 teams had more shots against), and despite this, they had the fewest goals scored against them. Without Price this season, they might've been in contention for McDavid.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a homer and I still pick Ovechkin, but Price isn't such a ludicrous pick.

The asking price is high for sharp, but all the talk about him being too old is crazy talk. Many NHL players play at high level throughout their 30's, up until this season Martin St. Louis was an impact player (and he's what 40?). However, I think we would better served to sign our big FA's and sign another few D man.  Damn it, I hate saying it again and again, but if we didnt have two straight clown GM's trading away our picks, we wouln't be having this disscussion.

Despite concussions, Carolina's Jeff Skinner is appealing to Penguins June 26, 2015 12:00 AM

SUNRISE, Fla. — A few years ago, Carolina left winger Jeff Skinner was one of the NHL’s great young talents.

A series of concussions later, he might be among the game’s biggest question marks.

Nonetheless, he is on the list of candidates the Penguins might try to acquire to play on one of their top two lines.

Skinner would not come cheap — not in terms of what Hurricanes general manager Ron Francis would seek in a trade and not with a $5,725,000 salary-cap hit through the 2018-19 season — but, if he can stay healthy, could be a difference-maker for quite a few years.

Skinner, who turned 23 May 16, was a first-round draft choice in 2010, when Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford filled that role in Carolina.

I see Incarcerated Bob (who is normally good on NHL news) has the Sabres trading for Ryan O'Reilly tonight.  Wow.

Ian McLaren @iancmclaren 2m2 minutes ago

Zadorov, Grigorenko + 31 would be a #very #nice #package for the Avs.

1 retweet 0 favorites

That's the rumor right there^^^ Huge return for Avs but a good trade for both teams.

That also sets the bar on what the Caps will need to give up for a decent trade.

Interesting taking a goalie in the first round. We've already got Holtby, obviously, in the NHL. Behind him we've got Grubauer and Copely as prospects in the AHL, and across the pond we've got Vanacek and Soberg. Enter: Samsonov.

Don't forget, guys, this isn't the NFL. You don't draft for immediate need. Take the best talent and it'll pay off down the road. Remember when we had Varlamov and Neuvirth? Sure didn't hurt to pick Holtby and Grubauer.

Maybe this is a prelude to a trade and ultimately this kid gets traded before playing for the Caps. Otherwise is makes ZERO sense.

BTW, coverage of this draft is terrible. They talked about the Caps for, what, two minutes?

Archived