Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

They would have to REALLY overpay instead of just overpaying as he admits from last off-season. I honestly don't think GMBM has a plan.

He didn't say anything about trades.  I think there will be a major shakeup to the top-6.  While we might not be as active in FA as we were last year, that doesn't mean that we won't pursue players like Sharp/Oshie. 

He didn't say anything about trades.  I think there will be a major shakeup to the top-6.  While we might not be as active in FA as we were last year, that doesn't mean that we won't pursue players like Sharp/Oshie. 

It's the only way they can do anything and it would have to involve moving a player that makes some money like Brouwer. (Since Laich is untradeable and for some reason hasn't been bought out)

Maybe they let MoJo walk this year as a RFA, who knows. It would be nice though to get Holtby and Kuz locked up.

I have to say that I really admire the Blackhawks. They pulled off a pretty sweet trade without any hesitation. I know it's easier when you have the two super star players they have, but still, they know how to get things down and they aren't afraid to make moves.

And great, Pittsburgh adds Kessel...

*sigh*

I respect that FO. They aren't afraid to make a move.

Metro just got tougher.,.

Meh....

Still no real depth + shaky defense + coaching

Their PP1 is gonna be sick, but I don't know how this move gets them over the hump. 

What did the Blackhawks trade?

They traded Saad and a couple of prospects to the Blue Jackets for 4 players and a pick. The blackhawks got the blue jackets number one young player who put up really good numbers in limited games along with a 2nd/3rd line center depending on their depth.

@alex_prewitt: .@Real_ESPNLeBrun says three years, $6 million AAV for Mike Green with Detroit.

I know he's another cult hero in caps fandom but it was time to go.

They'll live.

Suddenly the Orpik and Niskanen contracts aren't looking as bad.

$6 mil a year for Green?!  At least they only had to commit to 3 years.

Are we really surprised that Green got $6 mil? I assumed he'd be making at least that much. The big thing I noticed is that it's only 3 years.

Not surprised, considering the thin FA crop, and knowing that some desperate team would take a gamble.

But he's not even close to being worth that much, considering his fragile health (let's not forget the numerous reports that GMGM and the coaching staff catering their entire breakout schemes to prevent Game Over from getting hit), his declining production, and his propensity for dropping the ball at very inopportune times.  The fact that his renaissance season this past year came while he was on the 3rd pair says something.

Green gave us a lot of great memories over the past 9 years, and I wish him well.  But I am not in the least bit sad that he's gone.  It was time.

The problem with Semin is he doesn't score anymore. He had 6 goals and 19 points. He has been in a continuous decline over the last several years.

He doesn't really score in the playoffs either if memory serves me correctly. But, at vet min or a cheap deal we can't really lose with signing him.

Archived