Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

SEmin is lazy and terrible and has attitude problems and hasn't done **** since 2013. Pass

You're about two steps behind on my point to your attempt... I'll come back tomorrow to see if you've caught up.

Holtby and the Caps are near a deal as well...only 1 mil apart in terms. 

If GMBM would just amnesty Laich... we can get that 1 mil taken care of and bring in a legit contributor.

I like this trade a lot for the caps. I feel sometimes that Washington gets stagnant when playing top defenses and good goaltenders, which is what we see in the playoffs. Imo, this trade will help us have stronger rotations offensively, which will keep the pressure on the other teams defense. from my little knowledge of oshie, I see him as a playmaker, and I think he and the whole offense will benefit from having him around.

And if holtby continues to improve, which I think he will, we will be dangerous.

I'm calling it now, the caps win the Stanley Cup next year.

If GMBM would just amnesty Laich... we can get that 1 mil taken care of and bring in a legit contributor.

In a perfect world, we'd amnesty Laich...and re-sign Fehr to be 3C. 

Not sure if Fehr will return, but I haven't heard much about him garnering much interest on the FA market.  Bodes well for the Caps. 

I like this trade a lot for the caps. I feel sometimes that Washington gets stagnant when playing top defenses and good goaltenders, which is what we see in the playoffs. Imo, this trade will help us have stronger rotations offensively, which will keep the pressure on the other teams defense. from my little knowledge of oshie, I see him as a playmaker, and I think he and the whole offense will benefit from having him around.

And if holtby continues to improve, which I think he will, we will be dangerous.

I'm calling it now, the caps win the Stanley Cup next year.

**** man I'd be happy with just making it out of round 2 FFS at this point lol.

Holtby and the Caps are near a deal as well...only 1 mil apart in terms. 

What terms are you hearing and is it 1 mil apart annually?

BTW, signing kuznetsov is just as big a deal as Holtby. Without Kuz, this team goes no where fast.

I'd be very happy to have Fehr back for next season. Beagle can play 3C, but I think we'd be a better team with Fehr at 3C and having Beagle take 4C.

Hypothetical lines with Fehr returning:

Russian Machine-Backstrom-Oshie

Burracuda-Kuznetsov-Game 7

Jojo-Bully Dozer-Whip

Ice Cheetah-Beags-Brooks

Top-9 replacement: Galiev, Vrana

4th line replacement: Steam, Brown

Easy on the Cup predictions the rest of the East is making moves too 

Rangers let go of MSL and have Zuccarello healthy on top line 

Tampa has Stamkos and Tyler Johnson and good young goaltending too, and you could even make the argument they're even more experience than us even with their youth 

We have to deal with them first, I mean there's so much we still have to deal with before we can win our own Stanley Cup. Just be happy that we're making moves. 

What terms are you hearing and is it 1 mil apart annually?

BTW, signing kuznetsov is just as big a deal as Holtby. Without Kuz, this team goes no where fast.

A source familiar with the situation tells RMNB that restricted free agent Braden Holtby and the Capitals are close to making a deal that will keep the Lloydminster, Saskatchewan goaltender in Washington. We’re told that the Caps and Holtby’s camp are about $1 million apart in yearly salary, but term is not an issue. The Caps want him closer to $5 million per year, while Holtby wants around $6 million.

Link

Oshie, whose name had been connected to possible deals since the Blues fell in six games to the Minnesota Wild, brings a potent scoring acumen to Washington, with 50-point campaigns in each of his past three full seasons, and St. Louis enjoyed more even-strength shot attempts with the 28-year-old on the ice than when he sat.

Ok, I'm bringing the Smirnoff Ice to the party.

I feel like this is becoming a "thing" now.  Seems like for every athlete that's either traded or leaves via FA, some parent puts up a vid on Youtube of their kid crying.  The first time I saw this (I think it was w/ Jimmy Graham) it was quasi amusing.  Now, it's getting to be too much. 

Ok, I'm bringing the Smirnoff Ice to the party.

I feel like this is becoming a "thing" now. Seems like for every athlete that's either traded or leaves via FA, some parent puts up a vid on Youtube of their kid crying. The first time I saw this (I think it was w/ Jimmy Graham) it was quasi amusing. Now, it's getting to be too much.

Agreed and honestly this video wasn't that funny or cute.

Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt 3m3 minutes ago

Capitals, Kuznetsov discussing a new bridge contract between 2-3 years. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/wp/2015/07/05/capitals-kuznetsov-discussing-new-contract-between-2-3-years/ 

Looks like talks are moving forward and both sides seem like they want to get it knocked out.  Nothing earth shattering to report... just talks at the moment.

Archived