Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

I thought Hillen played well.

That slide he made was perfect position.

We weren't interested in a forecheck.  We kept shooting on the rush.  Pull up and cycle the puck every now and then.

Very end to end in the last period but we begged for it.  Coachable.  Some small details and this is an elite team in my opinion.  I really like what I saw tonight, but definitely agree with pj, needed to win this one with them playing last night.

Third line with Ward, Chimera and Laich should be forechecking and cycling at the very least. Aside from Kuznetsov, I'm surprised the entire fourth line didn't play hardly at all. Maybe it was a result of all the penalties?

Dominate most of the game then lose.... Sounds about right.

Yup and the headline "Canadians spoil Capitals 40th anniversary" sounds even more on the mark. Oh well new coach, new philosophy, new team ill have a lot more patience for the first half of this season than seasons past. If this were last year and the first game went like this, I would have written the season off already knowing how it was going to play out. Last year was the first year in my life that I didn't really follow the capitals because I was just so damn sick of the same crap year in and year out.

Third line with Ward, Chimera and Laich should be forechecking and cycling at the very least. Aside from Kuznetsov, I'm surprised the entire fourth line didn't play hardly at all. Maybe it was a result of all the penalties?

That's what I'm thinking in terms of the 4th line.  PK takes you out of the groove. 

3rd line had some decent cycle time but it wasn't sustained.  Maybe 10 seconds of zone time at the most.  Just need some more comfort, I guess.  They tried hard for that second goal but they didn't want to pay full price for it. 

Again, not gonna **** a whole lot for one game and I loved what I saw for the most part, but little details are what there is to work on.  And that's never a bad thing this early. 

First game all these guys played together. 1/3 of the defense out (Green and Orlov). No Tom Wilson (hence all the shenanigans from Montreal).

It will only get better from here. Orpick played heavy. Niscanen moved the puck well and also laid some wood. Carlson played with some snarl (Orpick contagious?).

WAAAAY more positives than negatives from last night.  I LOVED the physicality the team showed from the drop of the puck.  I'm telling you guys, I have a great feeling about this squad.  It's going to take a few games to work out the kinks of Trotz's system, but once they understand what's expected, this team will be REALLY good.  0-5 on the PP and other missed chances did us in.  Not worried at all about where this team is headed. 

0-5 on the PP and other missed chances did us in.  Not worried at all about where this team is headed. 

Yeah, Alan May says that we needed to get Ovi the puck more.  Can't disagree there.

I think the entrance into the zone became more and more of a challenge as the game went on, too.

Yeah, Alan May says that we needed to get Ovi the puck more.  Can't disagree there.

I think the entrance into the zone became more and more of a challenge as the game went on, too.

Agreed....also, I wonder if a guy like Kuz could have helped remedy some of our zone problems if he had more playing time?  The one thing I don't hope is that he turns into a version of Radulov, and we all know how that movie played out in Nashville. 

Agreed....also, I wonder if a guy like Kuz could have helped remedy some of our zone problems if he had more playing time?  The one thing I don't hope is that he turns into a version of Radulov, and we all know how that movie played out in Nashville. 

Well, most Russian forwards don't play two-way hockey very well.  I suspect that has something to do with it.  I definitely think he can help on the offensive end of things and he wasn't a liability on defense last night at all. 

But I also think it's more simple than that.  We really had tremendous and fluid patience in our defensive zone last night.  It was something to behold for sure.  But we rushed it in the offensive zone.  More patience there and we'll be fine.  I think that the guys were just grasping to get that second goal last night. 

Normally I'm pretty optimistic about this team, but I'm gonna be a pessimist until this team shows some ability to score or at least until I see what line they put Wilson on. I just don't have a lot of faith in Laich, MoJo, Brouwer and to a lesser extent Fehr on the 1st line.

It's awesome that Burakovsky scored, but he shouldn't take many more faceoffs early in the year. He hasn't shown much ability to win consistently as he won 3 of 14 last night.

Chris ****ing Pronger hired by NHL Department of Player Safety while still being payed by Flyers on LTIR. How the Flyers have been benefitting from a massive contract to a 35+ player is beyond me, but this is a giant middle finger to the rest of the division by the Flyers and league. $5+M cap hit ignored because as Gary Bittman says, "Chris' situation is different." **** Philly.

Chris ****ing Pronger hired by NHL Department of Player Safety while still being payed by Flyers on LTIR. How the Flyers have been benefitting from a massive contract to a 35+ player is beyond me, but this is a giant middle finger to the rest of the division by the Flyers and league. $5+M cap hit ignored because as Gary Bittman says, "Chris' situation is different." **** Philly.

tumblr_m26ubnnKb51qci7aeo1_250.gif

Archived