Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

:lol: Way to give up 7 inches and about 40 lbs, pimp

ScaryWeightyIncatern.gif

So he roots for a lot of different teams? Two of which are pretty darn good?

sports gods clearly don't like taunting. I like a few different good soccer teams but I don't bring attacks on myself by taunting others. I guess if you root for the Sharks you need some Stanley cups to make you feel good about being the worse chokers ever. Even worst than us.

There was no chance we won that with Peters out there for the shootout.  Holtby is normally money if nothing else in SOs.

That said, getting a point from this game was OUTSTANDING.

This team is so much fun to watch.

1. Oates was an idiot

2. Ovechkin is back

3. This team has a lot more offensive talent than we thought because Burakovksy is already NHL-ready

4. We dominated that game, we got unlucky with bounces and got a piss poor performance from Holtby

5. Oates was an idiot and held this team back dramatically

Mike Green looks like a COMPLETELY different player.  He's been nothing short of fantastic so far.  What I'm most worried about is John Carlson.  Yes, it's early, but he doesn't look too good out there.  Niskanen, on the other hand, wow....I'm impressed. 

3 games in, this team is flying and they don't have a total grasp on Trotz's system.  Kind of scary if you ask me...but in a good way. 

Holtby needs to get his **** together. I've made it known before that I just don't think he's a good goalie. For every shutout he gets, he follows it up with a clunker. He gives up easy goals. I just don't trust him. He's holding the team back IMO.

He'll be fine... as I said earlier... he does this every year.  Takes him 5-7 games to get right. 

He got lucky with Boston cause most of the shots were hit right at him.  He has to get his positioning together.  I'm not worried about Holtby. 

Keep sending him out.

When we got down, I expected a comeback.

I did, too.  Something about last night had me telling myself, "Hang tough, we're at least getting a point."

He's been nothing short of fantastic so far.  What I'm most worried about is John Carlson.  Yes, it's early, but he doesn't look too good out there.  Niskanen, on the other hand, wow....I'm impressed.

Definitely agree.  Carlson has been overrated imo since he's gotten here.  Still early.

And that play by Niskanen at the end of the third?  Are you kidding me?

Please don't get me wrong. Playing Montreal, Boston and San Jose and getting 4 points is an accomplishment. I'm not down on the team. I like what I've seen so far. The team looks more organized and they look more competent. I've just never been a big fan of Holtby. I think he costs us points all the time.

I did, too.  Something about last night had me telling myself, "Hang tough, we're at least getting a point."

Definitely agree.  Carlson has been overrated imo since he's gotten here.  Still early.

And that play by Niskanen at the end of the third?  Are you kidding me?

Don't even get me started on Carlson.  I was never too high on him to begin with, but I thought that he, under Trotz's tutilage, would be the Caps d-man to really elevate his game.  He's been nothing short of underwhelming.  Still a lot of time to turn it around, but so far he's been trash. 

As far as Niskanen...not only breaking up that 2-1, but starting the breakout afterwards was textbook.  He couldn't have played that any better. 

Why does Carlson always start the year looking like a steaming pile of crap?  Every single season he spends the first 15-20 games as a sloppy mess, then slowly transforms himself into a legitimate top pairing defender by the end of the year.  

I guess it's better than starting strong and finishing awful, but I get the feeling the guy needs to take his offseason conditioning and preparation more seriously.  

Also, I think Holtby will be fine. None of those goals struck me as glaringly poor.  Sometimes things just don't go your way, and that seemed to be the case for Holtby last night.

Why does Carlson always start the year looking like a steaming pile of crap?  Every single season he spends the first 15-20 games as a sloppy mess, then slowly transforms himself into a legitimate top pairing defender by the end of the year.  

I guess it's better than starting strong and finishing awful, but I get the feeling the guy needs to take his offseason conditioning and preparation more seriously.  

You answered your own question in my opinion.  Carlson is a real dude from what I hear.  Definitely embraces the single life in Arlington.  So to see that he starts the season slow comes down to two things (again, just my opinion):

1)  Like you said, his conditioning sucks

2)  Whomever the coach is thinks this may be the year he's ready to lead a line pairing on his own... but we find out that he's gotten so used to Alzner covering his ass his first few years in the league that he almost can't survive without him... so whomever the coach is move Carlson back with Alzner to remedy that and all of a sudden he looks fine.

Bottom line, he'll have to figure out how to play with someone else and he'll need to focus on his fundamentals and he'll be fine.  I think Trotz is the perfect guy for him.

Archived