Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 Washington Capitals Thread - Caps Trade for TJ OSHIE. Kuzy re-ups!

DC9

Have to say that was the most complete game I've seen in well over a couple of years. I was totally relaxed watching it. I see more hustle, I see guys digging the puck out and I see guys playing Trotz system. Keep it up and we'll win some games.

Trotz is actually coaching, too.  If you watch the "miked up" they did of him in the preseason game in Boston he gives very detailed instructions and the players are doing it.

The team looks vastly improved over last season so far.  HUGE difference.

Trotz is allowing players to use their creativity on breakouts and through the neutral zone.  It's amazing how much better the team looks simply by no longer forcing them to play bubble hockey.  This is a skilled team, its nice to see them use that skill to gain the zone.  

And on the defensive end, their gap control is no longer beer league quality.  

Thank you Trotz, the team is no longer playing a style that is infuriating to watch.

Man, I'm back to being excited for a Caps game during the day.  Couldn't say that last year with Adam the Clown.

I was feigning last night.  Definitely woke up excited this morning, too.

Should be a tough game tonight and a good test.

I was feigning last night.  Definitely woke up excited this morning, too.

Should be a tough game tonight and a good test.

I don't want to look at games this early as a test; more of a progression marker. I wanna give Trotz more time with the boys before I start giving him grades (unless he does well :))

I don't want to look at games this early as a test; more of a progression marker. I wanna give Trotz more time with the boys before I start giving him grades (unless he does well :))

Fair enough :lol: , I'll try again.

Extrapolating what we know now, I'm interested to see how we measure up against San Jose.  I don't think they've allowed a goal yet. :P

Fair enough :lol: , I'll try again.

Extrapolating what we know now, I'm interested to see how we measure up against San Jose.  I don't think they've allowed a goal yet. :P

I haven't looked, but are you thinking of the Wild who opened the season with back-to-back shutouts of Colorado with Kuemper in net?

edit: I decided to look. I guess they also started with back-to-back shutouts, but behind two different goalies. Let's cull some sharks and put an end to their infestation.

San Jose neutral zone is like a catholic girl with her legs crossed...

Had a couple of chances there... team just looks off tonight for whatever reason.  Smaller, slower... need to get to the end of the 1st only down 3-0 so they can re-group.  If they can get a goal, awesome, but don't give up another.

The common theme of this season has been we do well when I'm not watching. Missed 1st period game 1, saw the rest. Missed game 2. Watching this mess. So I guess I'll turn this off and see if it gets better.

Take your ass home somewhere...

mrw-i-am-on-the-bus-and-a-girl-smiles-at

:lol:

Archived