Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think it's rude to lean your seat back all the way on an airplane?

endzone_dave

Economy class before deregulation was also much nicer than economy now. Economy now, can be like flying Greyhound.

Right, but the idea is that if you still want that experience for the pre-regulation cost, you can just go first class. Pre-regulation, you didn't have a choice to go cheaper for Greyhound like.

One reason I don't fly and why I bought a camper. Road trip kinda gal!

My lady prefers road trips also. I won't typically drive. I absolutely hate it and would rather deal with the airport. 

Longest drive I make is about 7 hours. Longest that I don't mind is around 4 hours. 

Hell, I can have beverages and fly...not such a good idea if I am driving. 

When you have a family of four, airfare adds up.  That's why each year we drive down to Florida for spring break rather than fly.  Don't have to pay for a rental car then either.  The drag is that we lose two days of our vacation driving.

My lady prefers road trips also. I won't typically drive. I absolutely hate it and would rather deal with the airport. 

My lady prefers United Business/First.

Meal, drinks, warm cookies, and lots of room.

Flying nowadays is like being in a cattle care.  Lots of people like southwest cuz its cheap.  No thanks.

My lady prefers United Business/First.

Meal, drinks, warm cookies, and lots of room.

Flying nowadays is like being in a cattle care.  Lots of people like southwest cuz its cheap.  No thanks.

We go delta for long haul flights. If it's four hours or less, Southwest is great. Actually prefer it to most. We get early boarding numbers so that makes it even better. 

We go delta for long haul flights. If it's four hours or less, Southwest is great. Actually prefer it to most. We get early boarding numbers so that makes it even better. 

Yeah if you get the exit rows.  Southwest planes are cattle cars.  Don't like my knees touching the lower intestines of the person in front of me but the flights are cheap.

I don't want exit row anymore on certain aircraft. Last transatlantic, found out that the exit doors are not insulated or always tightly sealed. Wind was coming through, good thing I if the aisle. That was -25 degrees wind coming through. Also some exit rows are very close to the lavatories. Constant traffic.

I don't want exit row anymore on certain aircraft. Last transatlantic, found out that the exit doors are not insulated or always tightly sealed. Wind was coming through, good thing I if the aisle. That was -25 degrees wind coming through. Also some exit rows are very close to the lavatories. Constant traffic.

Before selecting seats, I always go here: http://www.seatguru.com/

You put in the plane you're flying on and it gives you a seat map with ratings... green is good, most are normal, and red is a problem in some way. It's updated by frequent fliers, so it has comments like "proximity to the lavatory may be bothersome".

You put in the plane you're flying on and it gives you a seat map with ratings... green is good, most are normal, and red is a problem in some way. It's updated by frequent fliers, so it has comments like "proximity to the lavatory may be bothersome".

stay away from seat 29E

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2011/03/seat-29e.html

Great. Now I gotta beat on my secretary for not knowing about seatguru. 

Surprising that air could leak in an exit window.  Seems the cabin pressurization would prevent that. 

• 4 months later...

American Airlines to passengers: Straighten up and fly right

Good news, fellow travelers:

The folks who run American Airlines have taken a good, hard look at the horror that is modern air travel — the cramped seating, confiscatory baggage fees, interminable security delays, absurd carry-on restrictions, etc. —  and they've tracked down the root of the problem:

The people who fly American Airlines.

In a groundbreaking advertising campaign debuting this week in newspapers across the country, the nation’s third-largest air carrier tells its passengers: Ask not what American Airlines can do for you; ask what you can do for American Airlines.

Click on the link for the full article

• 4 months later...

Airplane etiquette: Most annoying airline passengers

Travel site Expedia’s Airplane Etiquette Study surveyed more than 1,000 traveling adults in the U.S. to identify passenger behaviors that most infuriate fellow travelers, and “rear-seat kicking” is at the top of the list, cited by 64 percent of respondents.

But there are many other things passengers do make others uncomfortable or annoyed.

Expedia’s list of onboard etiquette violations:

1. 1.  The Rear Seat Kicker (cited by 64 percent)
  2. 2.  Inattentive Parents (59 percent)
  3. 3.  The Aromatic Passenger (55 percent)
  4. 4.  The Audio Insensitive (49 percent)
  5. 5.  The Boozer (49 percent)
  6. 6.  The Chatty Cathy (40 percent)
  7. 7.  The Queue Jumper  (35 percent)
  8. 8.  The Seat Back Guy (35 percent)
  9. 9.  The Armrest Hog (34 percent)
  10. 10.  Pungent Foodies (30 percent)
  11. 11.  The Undresser (28 percent)
  12. 12.  The Amorous (28 percent)
  13. 13.   The Mad Bladder (22 percent)
  14. 14.  The Single and Ready to Mingle (18 percent)

On 9/3/2014 at 10:41 AM, endzone_dave said:

This issue has been in the news lately, where people flip out about it and cause the plane they are on to be diverted.  Do you think it's rude for a person to lean their seat all the way back.

I think it's inconsiderate, much like talking in a movie theater or driving 55 mph in the fast lane of the beltway.  Flying sucks already, why make the life of the person behind you worse. 

I think that's what makes flying bad in the first place.  It's people blaring music on their headphones so loud it's loud for everyone else, it's people taking up your legroom, it's people using all the overhead space, it's people letting their young kids kick the back of your seat.

Flying would be ok if it weren't for other people being on the plane. :)

If they didn't want you to put your seat back, they wouldn't make them that way.  You have the ability to put your seat back, and therefore you can.  If the person behind you has a problem with it, they are the one being unreasonable.

12 hours ago, Ron78 said:

If they didn't want you to put your seat back, they wouldn't make them that way.  You have the ability to put your seat back, and therefore you can.  If the person behind you has a problem with it, they are the one being unreasonable.

People who put their seat back deserve it when I put my knees against the back of the seat, or stretch my legs under them and "accidently" kick them in the ass, or pull on the back of their seat when I stand up, etc.

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

People who put their seat back deserve it when I put my knees against the back of the seat, or stretch my legs under them and "accidently" kick them in the ass, or pull on the back of their seat when I stand up, etc.

Instead of, you know, kindly asking if they can put their seat up...

Archived