Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think it's rude to lean your seat back all the way on an airplane?

endzone_dave

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Instead of, you know, kindly asking if they can put their seat up...

What would be the fun in that?

Besides...they could have asked me if I minded if theyou put their seat back. I probably would say go ahead.

1 minute ago, Xameil said:

What would be the fun in that?

Besides...they could have asked me if I minded if theyou put their seat back. I probably would say go ahead.

No you're right, sinking to the lowest common denominator is probably the best way to go. Nothing bad ever happens there.

3 hours ago, Xameil said:

People who put their seat back deserve it when I put my knees against the back of the seat, or stretch my legs under them and "accidently" kick them in the ass, or pull on the back of their seat when I stand up, etc.

And people who do this deserve it when I tell the attendant that you reached around the seat and attempted to touch my kids genitals while he was asleep.

On 2/1/2016 at 9:38 AM, Popeman38 said:

You know what the best part of this thread is? Listening to people **** and moan about their discomfort while demanding that others be uncomfortable. It's like frequent flyers think they are the "most important people in the world" and what they think trumps everyone else.

Listen, if an airline passenger wishes to recline a seat, they are under no obligation to clear it with the person behind them. Not checking with the person behind them does not make them rude.

If you are 6'6 and are cramming yourself into baseline economy, that's on you. Almost every airline offers more legroom for a slight fee (most around $50). Do you buy a Toyota Yaris to drive around in because it is the cheapest car? And if you are traveling for business you generally have enough notice that those seats are available, and company policy may allow for a business class seat if you are flying over X hours. 

No one is going to be "comfortable" on a narrow cylinder hurtling 500 MPH through the sky. I'm 6'2 and will be flying to SFO from IAD in June. I will be on either JetBlue or Virgin, in the extra room seats. And you can bet your ass I will be reclining for at least a portion of my flight.

Just to update, I flew IAD-SFO-IAD last June (wow, time flies) on Virgin America.  I didn't get the extra room seats, and I had enough leg room that the person in front of me reclining had no impact on me.  I will be a Virgin America/Alaska Air patron (most legroom) and JetBlue when they aren't an option.

8 hours ago, Xameil said:

People who put their seat back deserve it when I put my knees against the back of the seat, or stretch my legs under them and "accidently" kick them in the ass, or pull on the back of their seat when I stand up, etc.

You sound spoiled.

44 minutes ago, Ron78 said:

You sound spoiled.

Lol nah. Just tired of people who don't have the common courtesy to think of others around them

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And people who do this deserve it when I tell the attendant that you reached around the seat and attempted to touch my kids genitals while he was asleep.

Lol that would be funny 

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

You do realize that same logic can be applied to the people who push back against seat recliners, don't you?  

Nope I dont. I am very conscious of others when I am in a flight. Once you decide to just push your seat back without even considering asking if it's going to bother the person behind you, all bets are off. 

I fly A LOT and the average flight time is 9 hours a trip. I am always aware of those around me, and I try not to do anything that would make anyone else anymore miserable then they would be on flights. I don't push my seat back, I leave my shoes on, when I walk to the bathroom I make sure I don't disturb anyone else, I always letvthe seats in front of me off, and never hit anyone with my carry on...which I might add is not the oversized one assholes try and get away with...its a computer bag.

So if you dissenters have a problem with the way I treat inconsiderate **** holes on a flight, then too ****ing bad. 

12 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Nope I dont. I am very conscious of others when I am in a flight. Once you decide to just push your seat back without even considering asking if it's going to bother the person behind you, all bets are off. 

I fly A LOT and the average flight time is 9 hours a trip. I am always aware of those around me, and I try not to do anything that would make anyone else anymore miserable then they would be on flights. I don't push my seat back, I leave my shoes on, when I walk to the bathroom I make sure I don't disturb anyone else, I always letvthe seats in front of me off, and never hit anyone with my carry on...which I might add is not the oversized one assholes try and get away with...its a computer bag.

So if you dissenters have a problem with the way I treat inconsiderate **** holes on a flight, then too ****ing bad. 

So basically you're rude, you admit it, and your rationale is that the people you're being rude to are more rude so it's justified. 

22 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Long flight...shoes certainly are taken off. My feet are not stinky. 

I don't have issues with people who take their shoes off...its the ones whose feet reek and take their shoes off...

33 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

So basically you're rude, you admit it, and your rationale is that the people you're being rude to are more rude so it's justified. 

Wow..so I say how courteous I am to others, but am not so nice to rude people who are not considerate to others and you take that as I am rude...that's funny. 

Hell..even the flight attendants have commented how nice I am on flights and usually pass me a free drink or snack.

Reading comprehension fail

12 hours ago, Xameil said:

2 hours ago, Xameil said:

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

I don't have issues with people who take their shoes off...its the ones whose feet reek and take their shoes off...

Wow..so I say how courteous I am to others, but am not so nice to rude people who are not considerate to others and you take that as I am rude...that's funny. 

Hell..even the flight attendants have commented how nice I am on flights and usually pass me a free drink or snack.

Reading comprehension fail

No, don't think there is, except perhaps on your part.

While I didn't quote all your comments, I did comment on the last sentence you posted and it still holds true. You're rude to people who you think are being rude.

Don't like that people can put their seat back? Don't fly, or buy a more leg room seat. Complain to the airlines. Find an airline that doesn't have seats that go back. Best of all, hope you don't ever have to sit behind me, because I'm putting my seat back and I'm not asking your permission. I paid for a seat that goes back. Depending on the airline, I paid for a headphone jack and a video screen. I'm using them. Your assault of people who put their seat back is akin to making someone turn out their personal light because you want to nap, or turning off their air conditioner because you're a little chilly.

Archived