Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I never complain about the refs, but damn that was so one sided.

Great win! Can't believe they pulled it off. Can't have a letdown against Michigan. But enjoy it tonight guys. You deserve it.

You finally did what I've been asking all season. Get to the rim. Good things happen when you attack the rim.

Edited by pjfootballer

storm that ****ing court son

RT @SethOnHoops Embarrassing court storm by Maryland. You have a National Championship.

It's a big win. Let the kids on the floor.

I love Joe Lunardi's response about storming the court when Virginia Tech made the tournament

I love Joe Lunardi's response about storming the court when Virginia Tech made the tournament

that was hilarious. This makes MD a top 4 seed in the tournament assumiing nothing bad happens in big 10 tournament.

Punched that top 5 seed in the dance.

There were already a top 5 seed but this pushes them closer to a 3 seed. if they get to the finals of the big 10 tournament, they could even get a 2 seed

storm that ****ing court son

RT @SethOnHoops Embarrassing court storm by Maryland. You have a National Championship.

It's a big win. Let the kids on the floor.

I kinda agree. I mean you're Maryland. You've won a national title. You've beaten better teams in bigger games.

But Seth Greenberg is such a whiney toolbag that it makes me want to take the opposite of any side he's on.

Storming the court for winning a game few expected you'd win, after missing the tourney for years, in the first year in a new conference that everyone thought you'd be a middling team in, against the conference leader who happens to be a top 5 team. Let the students have their fun. I say. No biggie. That was the best win since Vasquez was there. I hope Dez gets to see some post season glory too. He was super Dez tonight.

Edited by SoulSkin

As great as Wells was tonight, I did not want Trimble giving up the ball with 30 seconds left. I yelled "don't give it up" at the TV. And the Wisconsin defense denied Wells, then Trimble did his thing getting the bucket and the foul to seal the game. What I liked most about this game is that they won this game playing at Wisconsin's pace. The didn't rush, or try to speed up the game. They played the game as it came to them. They ran when they could and those transition buckets were huge. But they were patient all game, not rushing shots for the most part.

As for Seth Greenberg, who cares what he says. Just because you are a failed coach who is fat and bald doesn't make you Dick Vitale.

I guess, I just think the standards should be higher for a team that's won a National Title. This ain't Montana State we're talking about.

It's one sole national title though, that happened in 2002.  Let the kids have fun as long as they don't hurt anyone.  And I'm not knocking the Terps.  I have no hate for them, no reason to.  I didn't think they would play as well as they have this year, so an exciting year for fans, especially students on pulling a huge upset tonight.  

They should be a sweet 16 team, imo.

Great win!  One of the best games I've seen Maryland play all year.

- Dez Wells was so relentless in attacking.  Explosive.  He showed why he will be an NBA player, top 20 pick in my opinion.  And he made his shots, period.  Defensively he was strong too.

- Melo Trimble has such amazing handles, driving, and finishing ability.  When the shot clock was running down, he would just break his defender and finish.  Amazing skills.

- Team played solid defense, boxed out, and rebounded.  Good movement on offense.  Cekovsky had his best game of the year.  All in all the team was amazing in transition.

I have no problem with storming the court.  This is Maryland's comeback year.  Nationally televised game.  If you watched closely security did a great job shielding the Wisconsin players from the fans.  Nothing to get riled up about.

Team needs to keep it going.  I don't want to see a weak conference tournament showing or a one and done in the NCAA tournament.  That would almost defeat the success of the regular season.

Maybe too early for some of you to be excited about this game.

That was a hell of a win. Not perfect, but the way they stayed composed when Wisconsin closed the gap was impressive.

I'll be rocking MD gear all day. I just wish I knew how to get my hands on some of those UMD UA sneakers. The ones I really like are from a couple of years ago and are gaudy as it gets...that would be the bonus to me.  haha, especially living in Charlotte. The one's that seem to be available to buy are not just gaudy, they are ugly.

If MD was an unranked team, by all means....storm the floor.

But, they are the #14 team in the nation.  When your only 9 spots behind a team in the polls, and its a regular season game with nothing but pride on the line.....stay in your seats.

It absolutely was a big win.  I was excited to see them remain composed after the Badgers turned that 9 point lead into 2 in a hurry.  Exciting game, but just no reason to storm the court.

I guess, I just think the standards should be higher for a team that's won a National Title. This ain't Montana State we're talking about.

Yeah, I guess your are right:

250px-Unc_court_swarmed.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I case you can't read (ie went to Duke or were an athlete at UNC), the first was Duke students after a victory over UNC.  The above is UNC victory.  Can't remember if they ever won national championships.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

Yeah, I guess your are right:

I case you can't read (ie went to Duke or were an athlete at UNC), the first was Duke students after a victory over UNC.  The above is UNC victory.  Can't remember if they ever won national championships.

Touche...And the original comment coming from a never-done-anything-coach Seth G who was fired from that basketball mecca Va Tech. Dude needs to STFU.

Touche...And the original comment coming from a never-done-anything-coach Seth G who was fired from that basketball mecca Va Tech. Dude needs to STFU.

Saw a great quote in the comments of an ESPN article:  "No fans have EVER stormed the court following a win over a Seth Greenberg  team".  LOL!!!

• Like 1

I don't know if i'd call that storming the court. It was more like a slow trickle that gradually increased in speed. It kinda looked like most of the fans had decided not to storm but once a few got out there the rest were like F it, might as well get in on the action.

This did get a little lost in the fray last night

Lost in the excitement of last night, our guy Dez Wells passed Joe Smith for 25th on the Terps' career points list.

Man I really don't know what happened to Joe Smith...after the fiasco in Minnesota...he was basically a guy that went from team to team to team. Hell, last I remember he played in LA...guess that was a while ago. Such a great Terrapin though.

• Like 1

I don't know if i'd call that storming the court. It was more like a slow trickle that gradually increased in speed. It kinda looked like most of the fans had decided not to storm but once a few got out there the rest were like F it, might as well get in on the action.

It was an organized, controlled celebration that happened to take place on the court

On TV, you could here the PA announcer saying that being on the floor is strictly prohibited. He said it like 3 times. That kept the fans from storming, and instead it was like you described, a trickle. They tried to keep them off the floor, but also anticipated it by protecting the players.