Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

38 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Ugh. Well...he didn't show a whole lot in his freshman year, so I don't want to say it is a huge loss. Buy nonetheless disappointing. Wish guys would buy into the process and develop instead of transferring and expecting a quick fix to their problems. Get in the gym and put in work.

after last season, I can't blame anyone for deciding to move on. My concern is that these guys aren't leaving because they don't think they'll get playing time, but because they lost faith in Willard as their coach. 

Glad they have some transfers and a high-level recruit coming in. But Williard and his coaches need to figure out how to dramatically be better next season.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 12:41 PM, @DCGoldPants said:

after last season, I can't blame anyone for deciding to move on. My concern is that these guys aren't leaving because they don't think they'll get playing time, but because they lost faith in Willard as their coach. 

Glad they have some transfers and a high-level recruit coming in. But Williard and his coaches need to figure out how to dramatically be better next season.

Little early to be questioning Willard, IMO, as he’s only had one recruiting class, and has one of the best bigs in the country coming in his second class. The Kaiser move smacks of wanting more playing time to me, as well as Lamothe.

Lamothe is very athletic, but is a turnover machine, and, by all indications, wasn’t picking things up. Kaiser came in as a shooter, but put up 25% from 3, and was not as athletic as I was expecting from a top HS quarterback. Swanton-Roger wasn’t going to get minutes with Juju staying, Queen coming in, Traore developing, and Pierce getting fit.

I am not a fan of the portal, but it is what it is. Willard found Young through it, and Gillespie won’t be Young level good, but is a solid, athletic point. If Willard can find a couple shooters to spread the floor, team should be fine next season.

Edited by Long n Left

7 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

40% from 3 is definitely a welcomed addition since they sucked ass shooting last season

Could use another floor spacing shooter too. Preferably someone with some size, 6’7” or better.

• Like 1