Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

11 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

He's got a college body already and a nice shooting stroke. I saw we were pursuing Aaron Wiggins' brother too

Shame I’m not still living in NC, would love to go see him, like I did Aaron. Thought Aaron was one of the smoothest high school players I’d ever seen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I don't get what he accomplishes by playing another year collegiately somewhere. If he wants to play pro somewhere then just go. You have already shown everything you have on the college level.

NIL money? Is it better than CFL or UFL money? 

5 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

NIL money? Is it better than CFL or UFL money? 

Oh right. Didn't consider that. Not sure the exact financial ramifications. 

Still...ultimately if he wants to have a career in football then he better start sooner rather than later. I guess it comes down to priorities.

This has been the ugliest first half of basketball I have ever seen. Maryland shoots so badly. No one can pass or handle the ball either. 

*edit* Different team the second half. Scott was sizzling, I am convinced the offense needs to go through him. 

Edited by abdcskins

11 hours ago, abdcskins said:

This has been the ugliest first half of basketball I have ever seen. Maryland shoots so badly. No one can pass or handle the ball either. 

*edit* Different team the second half. Scott was sizzling, I am convinced the offense needs to go through him. 

Problem with Donta is he runs too hot and cold. Offense needs to run through Young and Juju, but Juju is too soft on the offensive end, and makes too many mistakes with the ball in his hand. 

The other big problem with this year’s team is lack of athleticism. Lamothe is crazy athletic, but is just now getting a feel for what the coaches are asking of him. Oh, that, and they can’t shoot a lick. Kaiser is getting better, but he needs to work hard this offseason on his release…just a couple ticks too slow. He’s a really good shooter now, when he has time. Working on that release could make him a deadly catch and shoot 3 point machine.

Also, don’t know what’s up with DHS. In HS games I watched, against top competition, he looked so smooth and confident on the court. Was always one of, if not the best, player on the court. Yeah, B1G basketball is a step up, but he has rarely looked comfortable this year.

Gonna be a tough year for this team, unless their shooting improves dramatically. If they can get Queen, and someone who can run the offense, next year should be much better.

6 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Problem with Donta is he runs too hot and cold. Offense needs to run through Young and Juju, but Juju is too soft on the offensive end, and makes too many mistakes with the ball in his hand. 

The other big problem with this year’s team is lack of athleticism. Lamothe is crazy athletic, but is just now getting a feel for what the coaches are asking of him. Oh, that, and they can’t shoot a lick. Kaiser is getting better, but he needs to work hard this offseason on his release…just a couple ticks too slow. He’s a really good shooter now, when he has time. Working on that release could make him a deadly catch and shoot 3 point machine.

Also, don’t know what’s up with DHS. In HS games I watched, against top competition, he looked so smooth and confident on the court. Was always one of, if not the best, player on the court. Yeah, B1G basketball is a step up, but he has rarely looked comfortable this year.

Gonna be a tough year for this team, unless their shooting improves dramatically. If they can get Queen, and someone who can run the offense, next year should be much better.

Yeah, Scott is erratic.  I didn't mean the offense should "run through him" in the traditional sense of the word, more like he needs to score if this team wants to do anything.  The ball definitely needs to be in Young's hands most of the time, he is the facilitator and easily the best dribbler on the team.  Juju is so clumsy and awkward with the ball sometimes it is maddening.  Yesterday he drove to his left, jumped, and threw the ball right into the hands of the defender.  Wtf.  Kaiser has been getting a bit better, he really lacks confidence.  I think the same could be said for Harris-Smith, he has shown flashes recently.  He looks pretty strong for a freshman, he had a few really nice drives yesterday.  Just need to work on that jumper significantly.

This team is better than their record indicates, but they need to string together 4-5 wins to get back into the tournament conversation.  Beating Illinois on Sunday would help, they have zero quality wins so far.  Those two early losses to Davidson and UAB hurt a lot.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Did you see the Illinois assistant snub Julian during the handshake line which led to confrontation? :ols: 

Wow really? That's a **** move by the assistant. Don't know why he would do that unless Julian did something disrespectful in the second half during the game.