Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I saw some jawing, but didn’t know what had happened. Punk ass move by that asst. I don’t give a **** what happened on court, and I can’t think of anything, that is garbage.

Just more motivation to whip that ass again when they come to Xfinity next month.

Edited by Long n Left

Definitely punk move by the assistant. Julian had all the right to bark at him. You rarely see that.

Just watched the second half. First of all, Jahmir Young was huge. Oddly enough, I thought two of the biggest shots made in the second half were 3s by Geronimo and Harris-Smith. Love seeing them shoot with confidence despite their struggles beyond the arc. Scott tweaked his ankle in the first half, thankfully he looked okay in the second half.

And I didn't see Reese do anything disrespectful during the game. That Illini assistant is a punk, supposed to be a coach and lead by example and he does that.

Edited by abdcskins

Wish Young would have shot the 3!!! He thought he had more time than he did.

So many turnovers, that's what killed us. Geronimo sucks when he has the ball, so awkward. He had some massive turnovers. And Harris-Smith can't make a shot. I keep waiting for him to drive on his defender but he just hangs out beyond the arc.

17 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Wish Young would have shot the 3!!! He thought he had more time than he did.

So many turnovers, that's what killed us. Geronimo sucks when he has the ball, so awkward. He had some massive turnovers. And Harris-Smith can't make a shot. I keep waiting for him to drive on his defender but he just hangs out beyond the arc.

Geronimo had 1 turnover. Young, DHS, and Reese with 14, 7 by Young. Can’t win doing that.

Edited by Long n Left

Jahmir Young baby. Without him this team would have lost today (and many others too). Huge shots the final few minutes.

Team is so maddening to watch. Turnovers, missed free throws. Kaiser looks so lost. There was a play in the second half when Maryland was up 1 and Kaiser stole the ball and got fouled on a shot. I was like wow he made a play. Then he clanks two free throws 🙄 Iowa proceeded to score next possession. Took a big comeback, they were down 5-7 points for most of the game it felt like.

Julian Reese is a monster on the defensive end, had some big blocks tonight. He also set a critical screen on Young's 3 to take the lead. Hit some free throws too, it appears he changed his shooting motion at the line which helps.

Edited by abdcskins

Helluva defensive effort second half again, only this time was Ja Time, and Young guts them to the win. 

Both Kaiser and DHS look like they are pressing so much on the offensive end. No flow to their game. If they could ever find some fluidity, this could be a good team. 

Still too many turnovers, but Iowa helped them out by turning it over just as much, and Reese made some timely blocks. Nice road win in Iowa. It’s always nice to see whine king McCaffrey storm off his home court in a huff.

Maryland up 44-27 at the half! Who is this guy Jamie Kaiser?!?! Lol. He was draining threes like crazy! 11 points at the half, pretty sure that is a career high. Long was hitting threes too! See what happens when you hit long range shots? Geronimo playing great defense and rebounding hard. Maryland was down 12-2 early then caught fire. Nice to see.

• Like 3

Far and away best half of basketball Maryland has played all season. Down 12-2, then run off 42-15 run to halftime? Great defense by everyone, leading to good offense, and some easy buckets off turnovers.

Nice to see Kaiser and DHS playing with confidence. Sure does wonders. Long coming on early and hitting two straight 3’s got the entire team’s confidence up. If this team can continue to play with this confidence, and a little swagger, they gonna be dangerous down the stretch to the rest of the B1G.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Big game coming up. Gotta beat Michigan State if we want to make the tournament. Need to start stringing together some road wins.

Juju with two fouls in just over two minutes. Not a positive way to start. 

3 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Juju with two fouls in just over two minutes. Not a positive way to start. 

Their lack of big men depth is painful. Swanton-Rodger doesn't have the game or strength that Juju does.

Offense is so disjointed. No movement. Bricks. If it weren't for Scott's shooting we'd be down 15. 

Ugly ugly basketball. At this point I've sort of given up on Maryland making the tournament. They just don't have the offensive game to compete. Turnovers, sloppy offensive sets, guys driving into traffic throwing up prayers. Ugly.

They’ve shot 30% from the floor, 25% from 3, Juju playing about 15 minutes total, with no points, and only four players have scored…one with only 2. It’s crazy that they stayed in this game, and had a lead with 7 minutes left. 

I don’t think the week off break did them any favors, just as they were getting some momentum.