Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

11 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Finally some good news! Our team was in deep trouble next year if Queen had decided to go somewhere else. They still might be crappy, but if Reese comes back (don't know why he wouldn't) it at least gives us a good combo at PF-C. Now need DHS and Kaiser to improve. Hopefully Lamothe makes strides too. I don't want to see any of them transfer.

Will be an interesting offseason to watch. With the Queen commitment, they are flush with scholarship players now for 24-25. Palmer and Queen in, Young and Scott out. They look to be solid along the front line if Juju stays, with him, Queen, Traore, Swanton-Rodger, and Pierce. Remains to be seen who stays from that group, but I’m hoping for Juju and Traore. Can see Swanton-Rodger transferring, and thinking Pierce will stay, as this should be a red shirt season for him.

Where they’re gonna need help is wing shooter, and ball handling playmaker. Long and Geronimo are seniors, but can invoke a Covid year exception. I like Geronimo’s athleticism and size, and would like him to stay. While Long is a solid back court defender, he is very streaky, and not a plus ball handler or passer. Not good traits for his size. Don’t mind if he leaves. 

DHS and Kaiser must stay. They both have shown flashes of what they can bring this season, and hopefully a year of maturity will help them settle in. DHS is a plus ball handler for his size, but needs to work on his playmaking. He can’t be the #1 guy. They’re gonna need a true PG. Don’t know if either Palmer or Chance Stephen’s can be that guy, but they both seem more like combo guards to me. Lamothe has the ball handling ability, and is a cat quick athlete. Problem with him is, seems his body moves too quick for his brain. He will be an interesting one. Can see him staying and be a contributor, but could also see him leaving for playing time. 

My guess right now is that 2-3 guys leave, and Willard uses the portal to bring in another ball dominant guard, who can hopefully shoot, and a couple athletic wings, who can be solid 3 and D players that can run the floor also.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pathetic effort. No defense or offense. I don't even think they qualify for the NIT now because they are under .500

Willard needs to figure it out in the off-season and hit the transfer portal hard. 

As long as Reese, Kaiser, Lamothe, or DHS don't leave I am content.  Everyone else can transfer as far as I care.  I'd like Pierce to stay because 7 footers are hard to find and he didn't play at all this year, but wouldn't be upset if he left.

58 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

As long as Reese, Kaiser, Lamothe, or DHS don't leave I am content.  Everyone else can transfer as far as I care.  I'd like Pierce to stay because 7 footers are hard to find and he didn't play at all this year, but wouldn't be upset if he left.

Reese is iffy right now. 

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Reese is iffy right now. 

Yeah I've been reading about it.  As I said on Reddit earlier, the offense would run through him next year.  He is by far the best player on the roster.  If he wants to showcase his skills and work towards perhaps getting drafted and making a career in basketball, aside of playing in Greece or something, coming back to Maryland makes sense.  If he just wants money through NIL, then okay go somewhere else I guess.  I don't know the process or rules regarding that, but I don't see why Maryland can't just match it.  Also heard Reese doesn't like Willard.  He's a local guy I really hope he comes back and finishes his career at Maryland.  

• Thanks 1

Ugh. Well...he didn't show a whole lot in his freshman year, so I don't want to say it is a huge loss. Buy nonetheless disappointing. Wish guys would buy into the process and develop instead of transferring and expecting a quick fix to their problems. Get in the gym and put in work.

• Like 1