Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That was the first game I watched fully. Harris-Smith has not shown much. Literally nobody on the team shoots the 3 well. Young and Scott need to shoot well in order for this team to compete. At least Reese looks stronger.

There is also painfully zero depth on this squad. 

Team almost lost at home to Penn State, which would have broken their home winning streak, but luckily they prevailed in overtime. I watched all of the second half and overtime. Donta Scott continues to struggle, I don't really know what is going on, it is probably mental at this point. Need him to get it going.

Kaiser and Harris-Smith finally made some shots, but they have struggled a lot. You can tell Harris-Smith is frustrated. He is shooting like 47% at the free throw line, which as far as I know he did not whatsoever in high school.

Team shoots the 3 horribly,. Need to get better. Geronimo was the one somewhat impact transfer and he shows spurts, but doesn't bring a whole lot. Reese on the other hand is a big strong dude who scores fairly consistently in the paint. Rebounds like crazy too.

There is no one off the bench that is good. Long is an okay player. That's it. Kaiser so far is eh. Batchelor has played absolutely horribly. Need to find some punch somewhere. Oh and stop turning the ball over so damn much. Even Young has done that a lot, he really needs to be the main ball handler. He had a really big assist in overtime to Harris-Smith, need more of that and get other guys going.

If the team makes the tournament I would consider that a small miracle. 7-10 seed tops. Willard needs to recruit some shooters badly. Ultimately it is going to take a couple top 30 recruits to really compete for a national championship, which remains to be seen if he can. 

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

I gave up on Maryland Football years ago, it's pointless to follow such a program. But I am a huge hoops fan and actually thought they would be pretty good.. Because I believed the hype about the incoming freshman.  Kaiser is just so slow and unathletic, I expected much more.  Harris-Smith flat out sucks.  He can not even hit the rim on his 3 ball and he is learning that all the tough finishes he showed in high school are misses and blocks at the college level.  Just so so disappointed.  

But I was into last night's game, figured this may be one of the few games where they are competitive.  The first half was some of the worst basketball I've ever seen. All the empty seats did not exactly enhance the experience.  But suddenly the game got very good.  Relieved they got a win, won't have too many happy endings this year.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan