Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This team is allergic to finishing a half strong. Up 7 and driving and they fumble it. Then have two defensive penalties and give up the tying TD…. After Illi was trying to kick a FG. 

I know Locks gets on his guys about mental mistakes but he called the timeout and let them change their mind with their FG unit on the field. If your opponent is making a bad decision, then ****ing let them! 

12 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

they need to hold kicking competitions on campus tomorrow. If I apply for grad school, am I eligible? :ols:  

And evaluate their special teams as well. There’s been like a hundred yards of hidden yardage today in returns from sloppy tackling and bad angles. 

• Like 1

While Locks has been wonderful in bringing in talent, and changing the culture of this program, they’ve too often fallen short in big games. I’m not sure he’s the guy to take them to the next level. 

Id love to keep him around as recruiting coordinator.

At least basketball season starts soon!

Edited by Long n Left

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Weak performance. Doesn't matter who they recruit they always seem to come up short in football.

It's the same issues every year. Players come and go, but XXLocksley is getting paid for another 5 years for this. Penalties, Missed tackles, prevent defense and offense. It's like watching Washington. 

• 2 weeks later...

This team is not well disciplined, nor well coached.

As much as I LOVE what Locksley has brought to this program (quality talent, relevance, and pride), I’m not sure he is the guy to take it to the next level. 

In a perfect world, Locks would be kept around as a recruiting coordinator/coach, but Maryland would go get the guy that can take the top level talent brought in, and turn them into a top 25 team.

Oh, there was no doubt in my mind that today would be a L. Only question was by how much. The problems run far deeper, as evidenced by the last two games, and falling behind bad teams by 14 points before you get started. 

Maryland has sent a lot of talent into the NFL recently, and this year will be no different. Way too much talent on this roster to be this mediocre.

This program needs to accept who it is. The "we're right there about to compete" line is bull****. Yeah, since Fridge, they've made 3 really bad HC hires. Extending this guy has the stuck because this is who he is. Lack of details, growth, and he still doesn't beat other conference schools for local talent more than sometimes. 

20231104_192150.jpg