Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

52 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I watched that whole damn game. Tough one. Reese not being able to hit free throws once again hurts us. Young and Scott missed some too. Just horrible. 

Terrible all around. 

Also.... 

Yeah? And what are you going to do about it? There is no "seems". This is what it is. 

Yeah Willard was using the bench a lot the first half. I liked seeing Traore near the rim, he gives much needed size.

I love Young, but would have liked to see him pass it off on one of those final second shots. Ohio State knew what was coming. Then again, we don't have any shooters, and Young is our most clutch player so....I'm okay with it.

Thornton was the best player on the court, and it showed. Maryland doesn't have a player like that who can dribble and create their own shot.

At least DHS hit a big 3 🤷‍♂️ But dumb ass turnovers and missed free throws is why we lost. I hate seeing Reese turn it over constantly losing the ball under the basket.

19 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

#We'reAFOOTBAllschoolNOW😉

Willard has had exactly one recruiting cycle. I believe he is a dynamite coach, and will wait and see what transpires over the next three years before I draw any conclusions. 

Not a “football” school if you can’t beat Michigan, Ohio St., or Penn St. Every once in a while.

Also, the transfer portal and NIL suck in their current enactment.

• Like 1

What has happened to the crowd at Xfinity? There’s a sea of empty seats. Crowd noise is nonexistent. Used to be one of the toughest places to play in the country. Now? Nothing. Absolute disappointment.

I cringe every time Julian Reese shoots a free throw.

Awesome to sweep the Whine with feet McCaffery!

Edited by Long n Left

Yeah I have noticed lots of empty seats. Sad to see. I never considered Maryland basketball fans as fairweather. Then again I haven't been there in a while.

The final 10 minutes of the game was such a change. We finally started getting the ball inside to Scott and Reese. Young was more aggressive and got to the line (13-13). Stopped settling for wack shots. And only 3 turnovers the second half. 

DHS had a career game! Love seeing him drive and bang down low. Dude is built like a truck.

Gonna need some monumental efforts to beat Illinois and Wisconsin. 

Oh Traore and Geronimo got injured 😣 Looked like Geronimo banged knees, hopefully he will be okay. Traore's injury looked a little more concerning, he came up lame with no apparent contact, then fell to the ground clutching his knee. Hopefully nothing serious.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

Big game today vs. Illinois. I was checking their schedule, Illinois hasn't really beaten anyone. They beat FAU when they were ranked #11 earlier in the year, and that's about it. Their two other best wins are against Northwestern and Michigan State. A little surprised they are ranked #14. We can beat them again.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Lefty came to MD in 1969 and Thompson to Georgetown in 1972. Couple of college basketball titans.

Thompson was an alum at my high school and a member of arguably the greatest men's HS basketball team. His first big name signing was a classmate of mine in '75.

• Like 1

Donta Scott injured 😟 Said he took a weird step coming off the floor after warm-ups. Wtf.

Okay broadcast must have had the wrong info cuz he is in there now, they said he was out. Brace on knee.

Edited by abdcskins

Just couldn't get over the hump today. Couldn't stop Illinois, those guys have tons of weapons I must say. They keep attacking the rim and hit 32-36 free throws. Our lack of three-point shooting hurts in games like this.

11 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Just couldn't get over the hump today. Couldn't stop Illinois, those guys have tons of weapons I must say. They keep attacking the rim and hit 32-36 free throws. Our lack of three-point shooting hurts in games like this.

Refs didn’t help much either. Phantom calls all over the place.

Young, as good as he is, played WAY too much hero ball down the stretch as well. Oh well, NIT here we come 🤞

Also wanted to add: I went to Lefty’s basketball camp for 5 years. He was always there, friendly, supportive, and just someone you felt good being around.

My last year there (at 16), I roomed with Vince Taylor, who went on to play at Duke, even though his dad was a Kentucky recruiter. Guys would come up to our room every night to talk to Vince. “Legal” recruiting🤣 One night Havaland Harper (played at GW, IIRC) brought us pizza. I had a really good day at camp, and Harper gave me a brochure of UMD, and told me coach Driesell wanted me to have that. This 16 year old kid was over the moon! Lefty gave me a little smile and nod the next morning after group. Memory for a lifetime!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 3

Finally some good news! Our team was in deep trouble next year if Queen had decided to go somewhere else. They still might be crappy, but if Reese comes back (don't know why he wouldn't) it at least gives us a good combo at PF-C. Now need DHS and Kaiser to improve. Hopefully Lamothe makes strides too. I don't want to see any of them transfer.