Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://maryland.247sports.com/Board/67/Contents/Maryland-Women-Keep-Rolling-Run-Past-Rutgers-80-69-35566870

Maryland Women Keep Rolling, Run Past Rutgers, 80-69

The Maryland women's basketball machine continues to breeze through the Big Ten. The Terps defeated No. 18 Rutgers on Tuesday night, 80-69, remaining perfect in conference play and winning their 16th consecutive game.

Sophomore guard Lexie Brown led Maryland with 18 points and A'Lexus Harrison added a career-high 12 rebounds for fifth-ranked Maryland, which shot 50.8 percent and had four players score in double figures. The Terps improved to 22-2 overall and 13-0 in conference play.

"Just the poise and the confidence and the toughness that you had to have in this game was tremendous," Maryland coach Brenda Frese said. "Different players contributing throughout the game and I think that's what makes us so special."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

What a thrilling game. Yogi Farrell looked pissed after the game. I guess when everything you throw up goes in all game, and then a very good look at the end doesn't, you think the basketball gods are screwing you.

I'm glad to see Maryland bounce back against a good opponent. Especially after the way Indiana beat them last time, I think it was important for Maryland to win.

What a thrilling game. Yogi Farrell looked pissed after the game. I guess when everything you throw up goes in all game, and then a very good look at the end doesn't, you think the basketball gods are screwing you.

I'm glad to see Maryland bounce back against a good opponent. Especially after the way Indiana beat them last time, I think it was important for Maryland to win.

How do you let that guy get that clean of a look? I only watched it the one time, but it looked like Pack went under the screen.

Terps 2016 basketball commit Anthony Cowan scores a career high 40 points

Against Melo Trimble's former high school Bishop O'Connell, 2016 4-star Maryland point guard commit Anthony Cowan scored a career high 40 points in a 80-70 win for St. John's. Cowan could be a front-runner for WCAC Player of the Year as a junior. Looks like the Terps have another special talent coming soon.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Big-33-Classic-Rosters-Released-Six-Terps-On-Rosters-35639712

Big 33 Classic Rosters Released, Six Terps On Rosters

Last night, the rosters for the Big 33 were released. The Big 33 will host its annual game between the top players in Maryland and Pennsylvania. As the top players in Pennsylvania and Maryland go head-to-head, Maryland has six members of the 2015 class on the roster.

For Team Pennsylvania, DJ Moore and Brett Zanotto made the cut for the roster.

Moore is Maryland's third-highest rated player and is arguably the most explosive prospect in the 2015 class. Zanotto is one of Maryland's three commitments at linebacker for Maryland, as the three-star linebacker committed to Maryland back on June 19.

For Team Maryland, Ty Johnson, EJ Donahue, Ellis McKennie and Keiron Howard are all on the roster. McKennie and Donahue are listed as offensive tackles and Howard as defensive tackle. However, Johnson, the electric playmaker on the offensive side of the ball, is listed at cornerback for Maryland. With his speed and athleticism, Johnson's ability to play on both sides of the ball may open up the debate as to whether he'll line up on offense or defense for Maryland in 2015 and beyond.

Maryland had the second-most commitments in the game, with Penn State holding seven commitments in the Big 33 Classic. The game will be held on June 15, 2015 at 7 PM at Hershey Park Stadium.

MBB: FINAL - #Terps 76, Penn State 73. Wells 22 pts - 6 reb, Trimble 20 pts - 6 reb. #GoTerps

http://deadspin.com/penn-state-students-chant-no-means-no-at-marylands-d-1685965054

Penn State Students Chant "No Means No" At Maryland's Dez Wells

Yesterday, Maryland traveled to Happy Valley to play and ultimately defeat Penn State. It was a hard-fought game that went down to the wire, but perhaps the most interesting moment came midway through the first half, when Terps senior star Dez Wells went to the foul line.

That's when the chanting started: "No means no! No means no!"

The context of the jeers is that in August 2012, Wells was kicked off of Xavier University's team and expelled from the school for "a serious violation of the Code of Student Conduct." Wells was accused of sexual assault. An Ohio grand jury, however, decided against hitting him with federal criminal charges. He walked free, transferred to Maryland, and sued Xavier, claiming that the allegations were false, and only came after consensual sex. The two

parties settled late last year.

The fun and the allure of being a hardcore college sports fan is largely in being a savage who will say anything and everything to hurt opponents and/or make the people around them laugh. In that vein, this is fair game, especially since there's no real equivalence to strike between Wells's rape charge and Jerry Sandusky's. But c'mon; Penn State is relevant today for one reason.

Ironic that students at a school that was covering up child rape for years within it's own house, is chanting at someone who was accused, but not found guilty, to have done much less. As the article says, there is not comparison between the two, but if you are Penn St, you might not want to point out anyone else involved in any sexual assaults, not matter how big or small.

• Like 2

Penn State kids must be the most delusional in all of college basketball.

If you're referring to the chant, that was wrong and horribly misplaced considering.  If you're talking about basketball, I have no idea what Penn State fans you're talking to.  Penn State basketball fans know the team sucks.  Any trash talk is sort of akin to us being fans of the Skins recently, trying to talk ourselves into the team being good is several things just break right.  In the end, it's always the same, at or near the bottom of the big 10.

Dez Wells of @TerrapinHoops & Frank Kaminsky of @BadgerMBB named #B1GMBBall Co-Players of the Week.

Wells: 20 ppg, 4 rpg in wins over #Indiana & #PennState. Shot 60.9% from field, 60% from 3-point range & 81.8% from FT line. 24 pts vs PSU.

• Like 1

:)  :)

Click to read the rest

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Dwayne-Haskins-would-be-huge-for-Maryland-35676321

Dwayne Haskins would be huge for Maryland

To compete in the Big Ten East- which promises to be one of the toughest divisions in college football in the coming years- a difference making quarterback is helpful.

So if you are Maryland, you are pretty excited about the recent trending on 247Sports Crystal Ball for four-star quarterback Dwayne Haskins (Potomac, Md./Bullis School).

Including my prediction today, 15 of the last 16 predictive expert votes on the Crystal Ball for Haskins have come in in favor of the Terps.

While there may be other quarterbacks in the class ranked and rated higher- Haskins could make all the difference for the in-state Terrapins. He has a big arm, is athletic enough to make plays with his feet and has good leadership ability in the huddle.

As you can tell from his junior highlights below, he has a relatively quick release and puts outstanding touch on the ball.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2454303/highlights/199492378/v2

If I had to pick schools for QBs Jarrett Guarantano and Dwayne Haskins today, it would be #Rutgers and #Maryland respectively. #hunch

Dwayne Haskins, Jr @dh_simba7

It's crazy to think that this recruiting process is going to be over soon for me 1f633.png