Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Thanks brother.  Anytime a team can shoot the 3 as well as Indiana, they have a shot.  Plus a player like Yogi Ferrell is always capable of going off.  I'm hoping we play good defense and take good shots on offense - should increase our chances significantly.

It was a bit closer than I expected, but my Hoosiers definitely benefited from most of the calls. Good luck tomorrow...I'll be sweating it out on Sunday! I'm hoping for a 12 seed so we can grab a quick upset in the tournament.

You guys are in good shape with Melo and Dez!

• Like 2

I always liked this guy.

Unfortunately, both might be gone next season.

Thanks TD. Good Luck.

I like having Maryland in the B10...it seems like, even just this year, they have developed a bit of a rivalry with IU. They played 3 pretty memorable games, even though this one wasn't quite as close as the score would indicate. 

Happy with the win last night. Wanted to play OSU to get a chance to beat them today plus I think its harder to beat MSU 3 times in a single season. But it does seem that Maryland matches up well with them. MSU also had a bye or double bye. So, they won't be as tired.

Either way, I like the look and feel of this tourney. Even though the ACC has some top teams every year. Going from Greensboro to Chicago is like eating at BoJangles for lunch and then Ruth's Chris for dinner. Just feels nice, more professional. Better.

Happy with the win last night. Wanted to play OSU to get a chance to beat them today plus I think its harder to beat MSU 3 times in a single season. But it does seem that Maryland matches up well with them. MSU also had a bye or double bye. So, they won't be as tired.

Either way, I like the look and feel of this tourney. Even though the ACC has some top teams every year. Going from Greensboro to Chicago is like eating at BoJangles for lunch and then Ruth's Chris for dinner. Just feels nice, more professional. Better.

Watching last night, I definitely noticed a more professionalism to the B1G tournament. I don't know what it was like being there in person, but I can tell you from my personal experience at the ACC tournament, Maryland fans were never welcome there. In the ACC, if you aren't a fan of UNC, Duke, or NCST, you are considered an outsider and not welcome. This was especially true for MD fans because of all the torment their teams caused in the late 90s and early 2000s. When I was at the Tournament in 2004, I was elbowed in the back by some woman in her 50s as I was celebrating MDs last second victory over Wake Forest in the 1st round. It was strange she would do that, but the more tournaments I went to, the more I saw how unwelcome anyone was that was not rooting for the teams NC teams. Yes, they would harass and yell at each other, but the one common ground they all had was their hate for all teams outside of the state.

Edited by Redskin4ever

I like having Maryland in the B10...it seems like, even just this year, they have developed a bit of a rivalry with IU. They played 3 pretty memorable games, even though this one wasn't quite as close as the score would indicate.

I'm glad to hear you like MD in the Big 10. I know most diehard BIG fans hated the idea of MD and Rutgers coming in when it was announced a couple of years ago. I'm just glad that both our football and basketball teams made a good showing their first year, along with the women's BB team.

I'm going to sign up on a BIG board and find out what others think of our first year in their conference. I've enjoyed the new teams, new rivals and just being away from the NC centric ACC.

I feel like to start the second half, there was a terrible moving screen call, then Dez should have drawn fouls on three possessions, almost in a row and didn't get a call. Then Memo was called for an awful charge. That was like over the course of 5 minutes. Ugh.

Ah well. Bigger fish to fry in the NCAA.

The officiating was brutal, but so was MDs offense in the 2nd half. It was bad in the first half, but MD overcame it.

Was Graham hurt? I don't remember him playing. He can at least jump and tries to play defense, unlike Smotrycz. That guy makes a couple of shots and somehow that makes him exempt from being pulled for not rebounding or playing D.

It was their fault for going so cold in the last 10 minutes

It was like a 15-2 MSU run

CAn't win games like that

Yep. It's the same thing regardless of the sport too. Whether it be a wizards, caps or skins thread it's always the refs fault and not poor play by the team. Lol