Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

A lot of whining about officiating in this thread.  Nice to see a Michigan State win.   :)

No kidding.  I mean, I'll admit I didn't watch the game so I have no idea what the flow was, when the calls were timely or untimely when they were made/not made, but the box score shows that the fouls were called 18-18, so I don't know.

The officiating was brutal. A few phantom calls at key times. Two huge ones. One, where a MSU player lost the ball on his own without contact. Another in the last few minutes, where Wells had a clean block of a layup, but instead of MD getting the ball back down late, MSU was sent to the foul line. It was a very poorly officiated game.

That's not why MD lost. They lost because they didn't make shots in the 2nd half. But that doesn't change the fact that the officiating was still terrible.

Edited by Redskin4ever

Terrible loss. Our downfall YET AGAIN was the inability to rebound. We have a roster full of **ssies that don't want to do the dirty work. Knew we would be the one higher seed of the 4 left to lose. Rebound, rebound, rebound. For ****'s sake you can't continue to give teams second and third chances!!!!

Dammit somebody pull the miss down!!!

Edited by pjfootballer

Disappointed.  Our offense was horrible in the second half.  No movement, missed shots.  Defense sucked...several plays where guys failed to get back on defense and we got burned.  And yeah waaayy too many offensive rebounds given up. 

Sucks.  Oh and yeah the officiating was bad....I wouldn't say horrible but there were three calls I can think of that were without a doubt wrong.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for Selection Sunday!! It sure beats holding your breath and hoping for a miracle and then ****ing and moaning about the NIT. I'm hoping for a 3 seed...

Edited by jobaga
  • Like 1

Michigan State are like the St. Louis Cardinals of NCAA. No matter how they do in the regular season, they always step it up a notch in March. I think they'll beat Wisconsin tomorrow.

Agree, Izzo's teams get stronger as the season.  Did you know that every single player i think since 1996 on their team has been to a final four, that is crazy!

Terrible loss. Our downfall YET AGAIN was the inability to rebound. We have a roster full of **ssies that don't want to do the dirty work. Knew we would be the one higher seed of the 4 left to lose. Rebound, rebound, rebound. For ****'s sake you can't continue to give teams second and third chances!!!!

Dammit somebody pull the miss down!!!

You do realize that MD had nothing to play for while State has everything to play for. We are locked into a 3 seed and headed to Pittsburgh. That lead for MD was the downfall.  Funny you keep bringing stuff up like this when this is the team's first loss when the game is decided within 6 points. 

Maryland has way overachieved this season. I think it's fair to be disappointed with yesterday's results.  I was. Big picture though this has been an amazing year for Maryland in both football and basketball (mens and womens) where expectations were blown out of the water.

Hopefully, they make some noise in the ACC's, but if the recruiting class is as good as we've been told it might be time to fear the Turtle once again soon.

• Like 1

Maryland has way overachieved this season. I think it's fair to be disappointed with yesterday's results.  I was. Big picture though this has been an amazing year for Maryland in both football and basketball (mens and womens) where expectations were blown out of the water.

Hopefully, they make some noise in the ACC's, but if the recruiting class is as good as we've been told it might be time to fear the Turtle once again soon.

Spot on Burgold. This has been a great first year for Maryland in multiple sports.

1.)Women's Basketball  (Finished the season undefeated in conference and ranked 4th nationally)

2.) Men's Basketball (Finished second in the conference and ranked 8th nationally)

3.)Women's Field Hockey (Won the conference and finished ranked 2nd nationally)

4.) Men's Lacrosse (The season is ongoing but they're currently ranked 8th nationally)

5.)Women's Lacrosse (The season is ongoing but they're currently ranked #1 nationally and are the defending national champions)

6.)Men's Soccer (Won the conference and finished ranked 6th nationally)

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Would love for MSU to win, guaranteeing Wisconsin a 2 seed, most likely in Kentuckys division. Wisconsin fans becoming my least fav in B1G

They are pretty obnoxious but I think Indiana's might be worse. I mean your school hasn't been relevant in decades and yet you think you're on the same class as UNC/Duke/Kentucky.

I mean Duke fans were annoying but at least they were amusing at times with the stuff they'd come up with. Indiana fans are just lame.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1

Iowa St is a 3? The team MD beat head to head and had a worse record on season is seeded higher.

It's supposed to be season long view. If Iowa St won Big 12, and computers love Big 12 as a conference, and MD beat them, how the **** are the Terps the lowest 4 seed?

UNC higher seed than MD. WR can't escape the NC bias. 11 loss team.

Edited by Popeman38