Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I didn't love the routes on first down.  

How are you not able to block up a hail mary attempt?

Just now, Redskin4ever said:

I really wish they had called a run play after getting across midfield. I know they probably needed 10 more yards after the pass play, but get the ball in the hands of your best player there and see what happens.  I’m nervous about this OT period. 

Any positive yardage woulda been better than incomplete, then going backwards.

Just now, Redskin4ever said:

I really wish they had called a run play after getting across midfield. I know they probably needed 10 more yards after the pass play, but get the ball in the hands of your best player there and see what happens.  I’m nervous about this OT period. 

Exactly what I was saying. You get 5-10 yards, it’s a makeable kick. As mad as I am about Piggy screwing up the exact same way two weeks in a row, yet both times I thought they should have run the ball to try and get into FG range.

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

How did he miss that throw? Bummer. 

*nm, had no lane. WR should've worked towards the QB a bit

The more I thought about it, the more I think the WR should have been moving right towards the QB rather than away from him. But even with that, he has to make a better throw. I think at this point it’s just wishful thinking of what else could have been done to make that play work. It didn’t and we fans are left with nothing but a “moral victory”.

Edited by Redskin4ever

Woke up this morning still pissed about losing that game yesterday, and the one last week. I’m more pissed at Canada though, as both times he went away from their strength, and failed. This team’s strength is the legs of McFarland, Fleet-Davis, and even Pigrome, NOT Piggy's arm. Run the ball on both occasions the last two weeks, and I feel you would have come away win at least one win.

Bowl eligibility would be a crowning achievement for this team, and the kids who have gone through this fully deserve that kind of recognition. Beating PSU in Happy Valley to get there would be magical (I can’t stand Penn St. and Franklin), but just getting that 6th win in one of these last two games could have taken that pressure off, and given these wonderful young men something to celebrate.

Go Terps! Beat those Pity Lions!

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 5:26 PM, Redskin4ever said:

The more I thought about it, the more I think the WR should have been moving right towards the QB rather than away from him. But even with that, he has to make a better throw. I think at this point it’s just wishful thinking of what else could have been done to make that play work. It didn’t and we fans are left with nothing but a “moral victory”.

Yeah Im with you.

Receiver should have moved a bit to the side Piggy was moving to, kinda mirror him to a degree so Piggy doesnt have to throw back across his body  .... but the receiver probably thought sitting down in the soft spot of the zone was the right thing to do.

Piggy should have made a better throw.

Awesome game to watch, glad the fans who showed up got a treat.

edit - i really like listening to Lamont Jordan on the radio calls. I could see coaching in his future.

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?
  • Thanks 1

With the way everything was a pass interference on us, I'm surprised they didn't call OPI on the o-lineman downfield on the 2 point play. 

That was probably the most fun in a non-blowout I've had in a long time, maybe since Michigan State two years ago.Just sucks that they didn't land it.