Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This had to be done.

Even if you think DJ is largely innocent, what future did he really have here?

From what I've heard DJ is radioactive among many local coaches/parents. No trust in him.

So with that being the case, there's only one person I'd consider for this job. Not literally "one person" but you know what I mean.

As Terps fans, I think most of you know who I'm referring to....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Hogan appointed most of these regents and spoke out because of next Tuesday.

He does not care.

I dont think most voters even know that, would know that by Tuesday, or care. 

And even if people did know that, it's not expected to be close, so he's crushing Jealous next week regardless.   

12 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

The Board needs to be worried about themselves rather than trying to exact revenge.  If they didnt know they're on the wrong side of this before, they should now.  Petty retribution will only make them look worse.

6 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

So with that being the case, there's only one person I'd consider for this job. Not literally "one person" but you know what I mean.

As Terps fans, I think most of you know who I'm referring to....

Does his name rhyme with Malph Griedgen?

Wasn't Locksley rumored to be the hire at HC before Durkin, or was that for a coordinator position? I can't remember. I feel like it was fairly recently (maybe for OC?) his name was brought up for something by that 24-7 twitter account, or someone else with stuff behind a paywall. They've got a paywall protected thing up now on there that says "What We're Hearing: Locks Complications? | One Who Wants the Job"

Edited by SoulSkin

1 hour ago, SoulSkin said:

Wasn't Locksley rumored to be the hire at HC before Durkin, or was that for a coordinator position? I can't remember. I feel like it was fairly recently (maybe for OC?) his name was brought up for something by that 24-7 twitter account, or someone else with stuff behind a paywall. They've got a paywall protected thing up now on there that says "What We're Hearing: Locks Complications? | One Who Wants the Job"

Yes, my understanding was that Locksley was the next man up. Not sure if he was guaranteed job or by whom. Then Durkin got the job, Locksley left, Dwayne Haskins decommitted ....

Im not sure Locksley has any more ties to MD now. His son was tragically shot and killed in Columbia MD .. i think his other adult kids are elsewhere.

Locksley could most likely land a better job after this season or next and not take the dumpster fire terps job.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Based on what I've read, there appears to have been clear neglect by the training staff.

Is there a personal injury lawsuit in the works? Maryland's liability might be greater than the cost of paying off the coaches contract.

I'm surprised it was a 'no fault' termination.

If the Md Tort Claims Act applies .... and I dont see any reason why it wont ....

Effective: October 1, 2015
MD Code, State Government, § 12-104
§ 12-104. Waiver of State tort immunity
In general
(a)(1) Subject to the exclusions and limitations in this subtitle and notwithstanding any other provision of law, the immunity of the State and of its units is waived as to a tort action, in a court of the State, to the extent provided under paragraph (2) of this subsection.
(2) The liability of the State and its units may not exceed $400,000 to a single claimant for injuries arising from a single incident or occurrence.
Exceptions
(b) Immunity is not waived under this section as described under § 5-522(a) of the Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article.

---------------------------

If the MD Torts Claim Act doesnt apply ... 2m cap for non-economic damages then whatever his economic damages (medical bills, funeral expenses, lost future wages, earning capacity, earning opportunity etc) ... but he didnt have a kid to whom he would support with future earnings so can parents be awarded future lost income as dependents?

Ive never done a wrongful death case.

----------------------

If the MD torts claim act does apply ... hopefully they give the parents the 400k and then UMD set up a lot of scholarships etc in Jordan's name.

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?

3 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

Locks was in the final three. (Frank Reich, Durkin).

2 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Yes, my understanding was that Locksley was the next man up. Not sure if he was guaranteed job or by whom. Then Durkin got the job, Locksley left, Dwayne Haskins decommitted ....

Im not sure Locksley has any more ties to MD now. His son was tragically shot and killed in Columbia MD .. i think his other adult kids are elsewhere.

Locksley could most likely land a better job after this season or next and not take the dumpster fire terps job.

Locks wants the job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dcdiscokid said:

Why not keep Canada, he's done a miraculous job this year given the circumstances.

I was going to ask this earlier. If he gets them to a decent bowl game dealing with all of this turmoil, he at least deserves serious consideration.

4 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

I was going to ask this earlier. If he gets them to a decent bowl game dealing with all of this turmoil, he at least deserves serious consideration.

Is there any thought we can actually compete in this sport with the big boys. I say no, outside of football umd rocks in almost every other sport, volleyball, baseball, soccer ect... This is why I was so pissed about choice, how much damage did they just do to all the things we are actually good at.

I love taking my daughter to girls basketball games, she loves it, and they do some many cool things to involve her in the experience, But it helps they are a national powerhouse.... not sure it would be as cool to be medicore, because of dumb ass football... We are a basketball school. Both girls and boys...Lets embrace what we are and not try to chance alabama 

Edited by dcdiscokid
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dcdiscokid said:

Is there any thought we can actually compete in this sport with the big boys. I say no, outside of football umd rocks in almost every other sport, volleyball, baseball, soccer ect... This is why I was so pissed about choice, how much damage did they just do to all the things we are actually good at.

I love taking my daughter to girls basketball games, she loves it, and they do some many cool things to involve her in the experience, But it helps they are a national powerhouse.... not sure it would be as cool to be medicore, because of dumb ass football... We are a basketball school. Both girls and boys...Lets embrace what we are and not try to chance alabama 

Us older guys remember when UMD was actually a football school. Actually won a Natty, a bit before my time, but in the 70’s, Jerry Claiborne had very good, top 20 teams. Actually went undefeated in the regular season before losing to Houston in the Cotton Bowl in ‘77.

Lefty was changing the culture to basketball at that time, as his teams were consistent top 10-15 teams, and he was so charismatic. But, I remember football with some reverence. Boomer actually led some excellent teams in the early 80’s also.

The DMV is one of the more fertile recruiting grounds in the nation, and being in the Big 10 is a better football recruiting tool than the ACC. With the new state of the art facilities, there is no reason to believe that UMD could not be a consistent winner in football every year, with the occasional great year thrown in. What this University needs right now is new leadership, and a tangible direction. This, from the top down. A new coach is going to have a few bumps along the way, but the right guy can build a winner at College Park. He will need the full support of the university, the president, the AD, and on down the line. The administration in power now is tainted, and must go, IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Lefty was changing the culture to basketball at that time, as his teams were consistent top 10-15 teams, and he was so charismatic. But, I remember football with some reverence. Boomer actually led some excellent teams in the early 80’s also.

Thats the last time I went to a Terps football game .. I need to go more.

4 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Us older guys remember when UMD was actually a football school. Actually won a Natty, a bit before my time, but in the 70’s, Jerry Claiborne had very good, top 20 teams. Actually went undefeated in the regular season before losing to Houston in the Cotton Bowl in ‘77.

The DMV is one of the more fertile recruiting grounds in the nation, and being in the Big 10 is a better football recruiting tool than the ACC. With the new state of the art facilities, there is no reason to believe that UMD could not be a consistent winner in football every year, with the occasional great year thrown in. What this University needs right now is new leadership, and a tangible direction. This, from the top down. A new coach is going to have a few bumps along the way, but the right guy can build a winner at College Park. He will need the full support of the university, the president, the AD, and on down the line. The administration in power now is tainted, and must go, IMO.

yeah, Bob Ross had Maryland rolling before he went to Georgia Tech. We used to be QBU with Esiason, Reich, Gelbaugh all making the NFL.

We are due another hot period sometime in the 2020s.

UMD should be a top 20 football program with all that is around it. DC, PG County, Bmore, Northern VA, and the I270 corridor always have players that go on to play for big programs in America. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, justice98 said:

https://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-football/2018/11/2/18054260/maryland-football-practice-altercation-punter-punch

Multiple terps players have come out and said the punter (Barber) is completely lying about the incident.

Apparently, back up Barber was bad mouthing a younger player to starting punter Wade Lees, Wade told him to shut up, then Brber jabbed him and fight broke out.

Was this back up punter the student telling espn and anyone who would listen that Terps were toxic etc ....

If so, him lying about this shades anything else he said as a whistle blower.

Backup punter causing problems and leaks ... **** him, get to walking dude,

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

yeah, Bob Ross had Maryland rolling before he went to Georgia Tech. We used to be QBU with Esiason, Reich, Gelbaugh all making the NFL.

We are due another hot period sometime in the 2020s.

UMD should be a top 20 football program with all that is around it. DC, PG County, Bmore, Northern VA, and the I270 corridor always have players that go on to play for big programs in America. 

Let’s not forget Zolak, Hill, and McBrien, all of whom spent multiple years in the League.?

• Like 1