Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah, that targeting call seemed a little excessive. The zebras in this game are just overall awful. The incompletion before the half they tried to say was a fumble, the TD by Jones in the 3rd they ruled out at the 1 when it was obviously a TD. Also, at the end of the half they ran out of bounds but the officials started the clock after the ball was set. Maybe I just don’t know the rules, but I thought going out of bounds in the last 2 minutes stopped the clock and it would only start on the snap. But the good news is MD has made sure it hasn’t mattered. They are just doing what they want on offense. The defense has been good in the red zone where it matters most.

Also, I loved the slap hands on the Davenport TD. I saw that on the 1st replay but thought I was just imagining it. But the halftime guys pointed it out. 

Horrible decision. Even if Durkin wasn't completely at fault for McNair's death, he was at least a little bit responsible. Keeping him makes no sense whatsoever, it only prolongs the pain and reminds everyone of the tragedy. It leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. What kind of morons are on Maryland's board?

14 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

The oddest thing about this is that the board of regents says the school is responsible for McNair's death, but then says no person is responsible. The coach is responsible for his program and everything we have read said this was a program failure. This just doesn't make sense.

they really think people are stupid

Durkin had options, he never comes to MD without having total control

You would think Durkin is the next Saban the way MD is going about things

• Like 2

Wow.  And from what I've read so far, Loh is stepping down next year after being overruled, and several members of the team walked out on Durkin during his first team meeting.  Current team members are even tweeting their displeasure.  How do you possibly keep this guy?

I wouls say they won't win another game this season since half the team won't be motivated to play for the guy, but the remaining schedule is pretty tough as is.

• Like 1

They'll get through this season and I bet he'll still be gone.  They will ultimately figure out it's an untenable situation.  I dont know what they're thinking.  For some amazing reason, they underestimated the severity of this decision.

Frankly, the BOR needs to be held accountable.  Each one of 'em needs to explain this.  

Edited by justice98

14 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Horrible decision. I said it weeks ago after McNair’s tragic death, and I’ll repeat: They need to fire Durkin, Evans, and Loh. Should have done it straight away, in order to get in front of this, but that ball has been dropped with a resounding thud.

Thats a lot of money that the UMD does not have.