Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Nice throw by Hill, big catch by Davenport.  Maryland looking to drive up 2.

Ugh 1st and goal from the 2 and can't get a TD.  FG to go up 5 with 6:50 left.

Huge pick!  Eh, 3 and out.  Texas gets the ball back.

That's a fumble.  Officials miss it.

Edited by abdcskins

The sad thing (from a purely football perspective) is that Durkin was getting his people in after a couple of recruiting classes and now he's about to be out. 

And they finally got a QB and an easier schedule.  I mean, it's always gonna be rough in the Big 10, but they played 5 teams that finished in top-20 last year.  They're guaranteed at least 3 losses every year before they even take the field just by being in the East Div.

5 hours ago, justice98 said:

The sad thing (from a purely football perspective) is that Durkin was getting his people in after a couple of recruiting classes and now he's about to be out. 

And they finally got a QB and an easier schedule.  I mean, it's always gonna be rough in the Big 10, but they played 5 teams that finished in top-20 last year.  They're guaranteed at least 3 losses every year before they even take the field just by being in the East Div.

Yeah. But even though we continue to see some huge programs get away with all tiers of bull****. There is a right way and a wrong way to go about this. Even if Durkin was just looking the other way here. He should be done. I hate it too because I felt like he could build a program to be upper-middle tier.

Now we have a school where the University President should be gone. The entire Athletic Dept front office (AD, etc) also. Damon Evans has been here for like 4-5 years. Has to go also. 

I don't know what you do from there. I would think you need a veteran guy who has been an AD for a bigger program. Maybe somebody older who isn't planning to be there a long time. But can be part of a transition.

4 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Yeah. But even though we continue to see some huge programs get away with all tiers of bull****. There is a right way and a wrong way to go about this. Even if Durkin was just looking the other way here. He should be done. I hate it too because I felt like he could build a program to be upper-middle tier.

Now we have a school where the University President should be gone. The entire Athletic Dept front office (AD, etc) also. Damon Evans has been here for like 4-5 years. Has to go also. 

I don't know what you do from there. I would think you need a veteran guy who has been an AD for a bigger program. Maybe somebody older who isn't planning to be there a long time. But can be part of a transition.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH