Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

This is actually not true.  Plenty of recruits develop relationships with their position coaches, etc.  I'm not sure how a tweet which basically admits the coach is a problem, really helps with recruiting.  The "Program" doesn't decide who plays, or when you get to stop running wind sprints.

15 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Horrible decision. Even if Durkin wasn't completely at fault for McNair's death, he was at least a little bit responsible. Keeping him makes no sense whatsoever, it only prolongs the pain and reminds everyone of the tragedy. It leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. What kind of morons are on Maryland's board?

Saw this about the board yesterday

I don't think Durkin is responsible for McNair's death. And I understand that DJ doesn't oversee the training and medical staff. The university bears a tremendous amount of the guilt (like, all of it.) 

But he still should be gone. And I think a tremendous percentage of the fan base feels this way. He can either haunt this program after he leaves or while still running. And I guess they chose the second one.  I've attended about 80% of the games since 2001. I'll have to consider my options for next season.

• Like 1

the last person I want to hear from on anything DMV related is Sally Jenkins. Writing from a few states away like she's following these teams still is an insult. I don't care if she's right this time. Her setup now sucks.

anyway, I was here to post a statement from Hogan.... who is always right.....and here in Maryland. 

Dq3cZeHXgAM2Mb5.jpg

• Like 1

I'm an alum and a fan of UMD since I was a child. I have been touting UMD to my daughter since she was old enough to listen. My wife, sister, sister in law, aunt, father in law are all also alums.I couldn't me more outraged at the decision that was made.  I cant fathom how they can justify this decision.  How could they not deduce the extreme backlash and PR nightmare they have now created.  It's unbelievably frustrating....

Edited by dcdiscokid

I'm telling you, the Regents have to own this.  Each and every one of 'em.  They cant not say anything or simply release a carefully worded statement, if they even do that.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Should have fired him from the start. Now they look even worse firing him only because the public pressured them so much to do so.

How did they not see this coming?

Not to mention this is the second time we find out the AD is incompetent with successive hires. Im not sure holding the interim AD, now full time AD is necessary, but my preference would be they are all gone.  It screams institutional failure. And apparently goes all the way up to the board...

Not sure how the University could have looked any worse after yesterday’s decision, but, lo and behold, they have.

While I commend Loh for firing Durkin, if, indeed, he was the one, but this can’t be the end. The slate must be wiped clean, and that means Evans and Loh must both be sent packing. I believe Loh has been on shaky ground for a while anyway, and Evans never should have been hired in the first place, given the skeletons in his closet.

Clean house now! Get this program on the right track!

• Like 1

Managed to win and play in 2 national championships without selling our souls, not to mention the minor sports champions and constantly being in competition for championships. And we reward ourselves with being d-bags over football, which we will never be good at. So mind numbing, and embarrassing.

Edited by dcdiscokid

Based on what I've read, there appears to have been clear neglect by the training staff.

Is there a personal injury lawsuit in the works? Maryland's liability might be greater than the cost of paying off the coaches contract.

I'm surprised it was a 'no fault' termination.

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Hogan appointed most of these regents and spoke out because of next Tuesday.

He does not care.

Someone need to speak out, not sure i really care about the politics of it... Im sure there are many respectable people on that board, so not like he hired Larry, Moe and Curly. I have no idea what the hell went wrong here, its unfathomable so im not ready to bring politics into it. And as a democrat it's not like he is terrible, hes done some good things, others i dont agree with, but think thats likely the sign of probably doing a fairly good job.

37 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

Someone need to speak out, not sure i really care about the politics of it... Im sure there are many respectable people on that board, so not like he hired Larry, Moe and Curly. I have no idea what the hell went wrong here, its unfathomable so im not ready to bring politics into it. And as a democrat it's not like he is terrible, hes done some good things, others i dont agree with, but think thats likely the sign of probably doing a fairly good job.

The chair of the Regents ran Hogan’s campaign. Hogan didn’t intervene until his hand was forced by multiple other politicians, including Jealous.

10 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

The chair of the Regents ran Hogan’s campaign. Hogan didn’t intervene until his hand was forced by multiple other politicians, including Jealous.

Ok, but not like these were slouches, point being did hogan tell them to vote the way they did, or they come to that conclusion irresponsibly on their own. Of course there is always fault, but I guess what I'm trying to say is are we adding politics to it because of climate, or was there really politics involved(outside of UMD).

Edited by dcdiscokid
  • Like 1