Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

12 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Maryland used to have as rowdy a home court as any, now it’s pedestrian. It shouldn’t be, but I find it infuriating, I took pride in Duke players hating to play at Maryland. Irrational, but such is the human condition. 

I went to games from 97-2001 range ... great times. I didnt go to UMD, i got rejected but my brother and friends went and i just used my brothers student ID to get in.

There was a rowdy crowd just a few years ago with Melo .. last year and so far this year, the decline is declining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I went to games from 97-2001 range ... great times. I didnt go to UMD, i got rejected but my brother and friends went and i just used my brothers student ID to get in.

There was a rowdy crowd just a few years ago with Melo .. last year and so far this year, the decline is declining.

That’s because they have a coach that does less with more. The funniest thing I heard all year was during the UVA game. One of the fans yelled “Bruno, tell your coach to run some plays”. You could hear it clear as day on TV. I laughed so hard because it’s true. With all the talent and an extremely exiting player like Fernando, they still play mostly bad basketball. The only excitement is Fernando dunking and whatever freshman is hitting 3s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

That’s because they have a coach that does less with more. The funniest thing I heard all year was during the UVA game. One of the fans yelled “Bruno, tell your coach to run some plays”. You could hear it clear as day on TV. I laughed so hard because it’s true. With all the talent and an extremely exiting player like Fernando, they still play mostly bad basketball. The only excitement is Fernando dunking and whatever freshman is hitting 3s.

The only reason Gary ever had less was his unwillingness to recruit — recruiting trips took him too far from his libertine predilections.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to play the wait and see game with Locksley. Obviously, I hope he becomes the most successful coach in UM history, but his head coaching history is inauspicious to say the least.

I have little doubt that he will recruit fantastically in the area, and you can’t win without good players, but watching Turgeon, across the way, recruit well and be a mediocre game day coach, leaves me tainted, I guess.

I’m sure there are many like me, but I am certainly willing to give Locks at least three years before holding him hugely accountable. I won’t be that guy crying for his head next year if the Terps start 2-6, and I know that guy will be out there. 

Let’s all hope that he learned a lot from his time in New Mexico, and gets quality coaches in for the day-to-day teaching, so that he can concentrate on game planning, game day decision making, and recruiting. Wishing you all the best in 2019, and beyond, coach...

...I’ll just be sitting here observing.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

Don't be surprised if Radford beats MD tonight. Or even if they don't win, it could be a nail biter. They are a well coached team. They've already won at Texas and Notre Dame this year.  Maryland usually has too much size and ultimately too much skill for teams like this. Maybe it's just my anti-Turgeon bias speaking, but don't be surprised if that happens.