Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Turgeon offense killing the Terps. Standing around, no movement, dribbling the air out of the ball. Got to get some motion concepts, and make them chase, but no. Now the boys are getting tight, and Wisconsin is letting it fly. 

Terps will be lucky to win unless Cowan gets his head right.

I think Lindo just blew his assignment on that final shot, he needed to switch.

Cowan knows when to take the shot, and he has made a few in his career at Maryland. Big shot player, big shot.

Hope they can learn from this. Never get lackadaisical and take your foot off the gas.

Well, Cowan has a stinker of a game,and then...BOOM! 

Lucky to to get out of there with the win. Wisc big guy who hit everything for five minutes straight, seizes up on the last two wide open 3’s.

6-1 in the B1G! Definitely in the tourney, unless they choke massively. Beat OSU there Friday night would be a huge statement.

Still think Wisconsin is a chippy-ass team.

Edited by Long n Left

All you need to know about what a good coach can do is watching the last few minutes of that game. Wisconsin calls 3 timeouts and gets and open 3 on all 3. Yeah, they only hit one, but the play got them open shots. Turgeon calls timeout and the play is to get the ball to Cowan and everyone else get out of the way. Cowan misses a tough shot and thankfully Wisconsin went cold again. But good grief coach. Put some effort in to trying to win.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 10:08 PM, skinfan2k said:

Why do the commentator keep saying Happ is NBA legit ready.  he is a poor man's tyler hansborogh, but he blows. If someone in the NBA drafts him, they should be fired

Happ will get a good look in the NBA. He’s legit 6’10”, has very good handles, great feet, is a superior passer for a big, is a willing rebounder, and has a cart full of post moves to get his shot off against bigger guys. His big problem is, he can’t shoot. 55% career (college) from the line.

If he can develop a reliable 15-18 foot jumper, I think he’ll have a good career as a top bench player in the league, that can give you a good 20+ minutes per game with little to no drop off. Might even become a good starter on a team with a couple other stars. Guy who’ll do the dirty work, and move the ball around, score when needed.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Well, so much for Jalen Hurts. I guess if your decision is to go to Oklahoma and play for a national Title shot, or go to Maryland and get your brains beat in by Michigan, Michigan St., Ohio St., and Penn St., it’s really no decision at all.

I don't think we would have gotten our brains beat in with Jalen at QB.....but it is what it is.

Piggy gets his shot now.

• Like 1

Jalen wants to play QB in the NFL.  Saw the success the OU offenses had for Baker and Murray.  He's going to have a chance to put up some video game numbers next year and re-establish himself as a Day 1/2 pro-prospect. 

*Reason why I'm talking about him re-establishing himself, is I guarantee there were whispers behind the scenes of him switching positions in the NFL due to how strong he is. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Jalen wants to play QB in the NFL.  Saw the success the OU offenses had for Baker and Murray.  He's going to have a chance to put up some video game numbers next year and re-establish himself as a Day 1/2 pro-prospect. 

*Reason why I'm talking about him re-establishing himself, is I guarantee there were whispers behind the scenes of him switching positions in the NFL due to how strong he is. 

I agree. I always thought MD was his fallback option. With Locksley there, it was the safe place to go if he didn’t like it anywhere else. But Murray heading to the NFL created a huge opening for him and he took it. That is his best shot at improving his draft stock for the NFL.

Edited by Redskin4ever

7 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

I agree. I always thought MD was his fallback option. With Locksley there, it was the safe place to go if he didn’t like it anywhere else. But Murray heading to the NFL created a huge opening for him and he took it. That is his best shot at improving his draft stock for the NFL.

I completely understand his decision, but his lack of accuracy, and reading of defenses makes him a day 2-3 pick at best, IMHO. Even if he puts up big numbers at OU, I think NFL scouts will see enough to be cautious. 

I’m always wary of Big 12 QBs, because they play against crappy defenses for the most part. Mahomes is the first Big 12 QB to make it in many, many years.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I completely understand his decision, but his lack of accuracy, and reading of defenses makes him a day 2-3 pick at best, IMHO. Even if he puts up big numbers at OU, I think NFL scouts will see enough to be cautious. 

I’m always wary of Big 12 QBs, because they play against crappy defenses for the most part. Mahomes is the first Big 12 QB to make it in many, many years.

Lack of accuracy and struggle to read college defenses didn't stop Josh Allen from going in the 1st LOL. 

Trust me, I get what you're getting at...but if he can put together a crazy stat year at OU and people look at his "intangibles" and winning pedigree he displayed at Alabama, I think he'll be gone no later than round 3 in the 2020 draft. 

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Is there truly no QB that Maryland can recruit? When is the last time they had a legit quarterback. Seems like never.

Really? You must be very young.

Maryland was the cradle of QBs to the NFL for quite some time. Since the mid 80’s, and Boomer Esiason, there have been also:

Frank Reich (that guy coaching the Colts)

Neil O’Donnell

Scott Zolak

Stan Gelbaugh

Scott McBrien

Shaun Hill

Scott Milanovich

Sam Hollenbach

Danny O’Brien

CJ Brown

All of these guys had at least a cup of coffee in the NFL, except O’Brien, who didn’t make the Falcons, but went to the CFL and won a Grey Cup.

Also, Dwayne Haskins signed with UMD before backing out and going to Ohio St. I think if Locksley were coach, he’d have stayed at Maryland.

I’m not a big fan of Hill, but I’d be willing to bet that Locks gets a big time recruit in next year.

• Like 1