Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Nice little run there at the end of the half to cut it to 5, then Cowan makes a dumb defensive play, and leaves his guy open for a three. As a coach, makes me crazy.

Notice how they made the run when they started playing more up tempo. When they slow down offensively, they become too dependent on Bruno and Cowan. When they move, everybody gets involved.

• Like 2

That was a great win. Does it feel like Turgeon is having his best season yet? To me it does, especially with timely use of timeouts, and just generally managing game flow better. That Langford guy is incredible for sure. Gotta think Fernando's stock is skyrocketing at this point. He's just getting better and better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

That was a great win. Does it feel like Turgeon is having his best season yet? To me it does, especially with timely use of timeouts, and just generally managing game flow better. That Langford guy is incredible for sure. Gotta think Fernando's stock is skyrocketing at this point. He's just getting better and better. 

There are still a lot of things about him that frustrate me. But the last 2 games, they have adjusted spectacularly in the 2nd half and really dominated. First it was the switch to the zone against Minnesota. Tonight I don't know what it was, but there was a fire lit under that team at half time.  They came out of the locker room, took control of the game, and never let it go. It remains to be seen if he's having his best season, but he does seem to be doing a better job this year than he has in the past. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

There are still a lot of things about him that frustrate me. But the last 2 games, they have adjusted spectacularly in the 2nd half and really dominated. First it was the switch to the zone against Minnesota. Tonight I don't know what it was, but there was a fire lit under that team at half time.  They came out of the locker room, took control of the game, and never let it go. It remains to be seen if he's having his best season, but he does seem to be doing a better job this year than he has in the past. 

I’ve never had a problem with Turgeon as a defensive mind and motivator. I think his weakness is offense, and this team has more good shooters on it than any in recent memory, even if a bunch of them are freshman. Cowan, Ayala, Wiggins, both Smith’s, Lindo, and even Bruno, are all solid to plus shooters. Both Smiths, Wiggins, and Ayala, all have good handles too, that’s why I get frustrated when they play so much inside out ball. It cramps the floor, and makes defending easier, IMO. I’d love to see them spread the floor more, with Cowan, Ayala, Wiggins driving and dishing/scoring. With those three and Smith spotting up at the three point line, there would be huge lanes to drive into, then it’s just a matter of making the right pass/decision. It would be another piece in the arsenal.

5 hours ago, KingGibbs said:

That was the best game from a Terps big man I've seen in YEARS.

It was a good game by Bruno, but he’s been doing this almost every game. As long as he stays out of foul trouble, and doesn’t turn it over, he is a beast!

The freshman are beginning to get into the flow. Stix getting a feel for the college game, and Ayala, Wiggins, Smith, and Lindo are all contributing.

Bruno really looks like he’s upped his game from last year. He looks like a man among boys. If they can stay healthy, and continue to grow together, this team could be a tough out in the tournament. Just think how good they’d be if Huerter had stayed. 😱

• Like 1

Excellent half. Terps are clearly more athletic than Wisconsin. They fell off a bit at the end of the half, but continued the intensity on defense.

18 point lead with Cowan playing like crap is nice. Have to ramp the intensity back up to start the second half, and not let Wisconsin get a whiff. Offense was passing and moving first ten to twelve minutes, and getting open shots. Slowed down the last 5-7 minutes, and the shots didn’t come as easy. Cmon Turge, get them moving on offense.

7 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

It feels like only a 5 pt lead even though we are up like 16-21 most of the time

I think it’s because Cowan has played so poorly. Wisconsin is a cheap shot team. #15, and the other big white guy (not Happ) are grabbing and shoving all over the place. Even Happ and Davidson do some cheap things...throwing a hip, or sticking a foot out.