Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Iowa has very favorable officiating. That last call on Cowan a perfect example. They’ve let Iowa get away with that all night. Just a ridiculous discrepancy in fouls called, especially with Maryland leading most of the game.

**** yeah! The streak is broken!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Iowa has very favorable officiating. That last call on Cowan a perfect example. They’ve let Iowa get away with that all night. Just a ridiculous discrepancy in fouls called, especially with Maryland leading most of the game.

**** yeah! The streak is broken!

They did, but MD got the call when it mattered. Cowen fouled on that last play. Hit him right in the elbow as he was going up. Thankfully they didn’t spot that one and MD held on.

6 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

They did, but MD got the call when it mattered. Cowen fouled on that last play. Hit him right in the elbow as he was going up. Thankfully they didn’t spot that one and MD held on.

Yeah, but Bohannon pushes Cowan off with his off arm to clear space. Tit for tat at that point. 

When one team gets twice as many fouls called, and they’re not purposely fouling, something is wrong.

Edited by Long n Left

I thought there were some iffy calls both ways. 

They just showed the Maryland locker room after the game. Turgeon brought up the fouls down the stretch. Gotta stay away from those.

Overall this was a hard fought win on the road that will go a long way towards experience as well as a resume booster.

• Like 1

That guy is always crying. He cried after last year’s loss too. They got the benefit of the calls all night, including one on the previous possession that was a pretty clean steal. But yeah, the refs missed one call all night and it was on your shot buddy. Keep crying and one day you will get all the calls and not just 95% of them.

Edited by Redskin4ever
  • Like 1

Yeah, Bohannon is a little ****. Remember him crying all game long last year also. Fast become one of my least favorite players. WAY overrated also. 

Can’t believe he’s going to cry about one call, when Iowa was the beneficiary of calls all night long. If the game is called consistently, Iowa loses by double digits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I didn't recall seeing a foul on that final shot. The announcers didn't say anything nor did the coaches after the game. 

It's kind of rough for the team awarded so many more fouls to complain about not getting calls... unless Maryland is a dirty team (which is something I've never heard them being accused of being)

I’m at the beach this weekend, and got in just in time for tip off. Problem is the Tenn v LSU gaMe goes to OT, and the cable here doesn’t get ESPNews. TV tells me the game is on the ESPN app, but nope, can’t pull it up there either. **** ESPN! Don’t get the broadcast until 3/4 the way through the first half.

Still have no idea why Ayala didn’t play. Can’t find anything on the web, and the broadcasters keep mentioning Jackson out for OSU, but mention nothing about Ayala.

Terps looked very good first 10 minutes of the second half, and they got Bruno involved after him not scoring in the first half, again. That must stop.

After getting up by 14, they got a bit complacent, and the Cowan, Stix, Wiggins, S. Smith, Lindo lineup got torched so that OSU were able to close to 5 pretty quick. Bruno and Morsell back in, and they settled down to win without too much trouble. Thought the Bruno O rebound, then pass to Wiggins flashing down the lane for a monster dunk, was the dagger. OSU never threatened after that. Bruno was very good passing out of the double team again, and Cowan had a good shooting day. 

Still too many turnovers, and missed opportunities to pass for an easy bucket on a drive to the rim, and their defense gave up way too many open 3’s by not communicating switches well enough. Did not realize that Maryland was in the bottom 5 of NCAA teams at take aways on defense. Not a good stat for a team that turns it over so much, but they do tend to play pretty solid face up man-to-man, and make teams work for their shots. Just wish they could get a bit more aggressive with the take aways. Part of being a really young team.

21-7 with three to go. The next game is going to be tough, at Penn St. against a team who is playing well recently. Finish with Michigan and Minnesota at Xfinity. I’d be very happy with 2 out of those 3, and reckon that will get them a 5 or 6 seed.

I can’t help watching this team, though, and thinking how good they'd be if Huerter had stayed this year. I think they’d be a legit Final Four candidate. Oh well, spilled milk and all that, just enjoying as talented a team as Maryland has had in quite some time, even if they make a few freshman mistakes.

Let’s go Maryland!

Fear the Turtle!