Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

Watching previews anxious to get in that stadium tonight. One of the main things I'll be paying close attention to is Jay Gruden's sideline demeanor. Very important to a team's success. Teams usually take on the personalities of their HC. 

http://www.nbc12.com/clip/10448117/redskins-and-patriots-prepare-for-preseason-opener

I never really thought about this, but that's a very good point. 

I think our 1st round pick goes to FS next year.  He needs to show or he's gone.

Any good ones coming out?  My bet is we go with OLB (Rak replacement) depending on our record.  Bruce has a plan and it's to pay people like Robert, Trent & Alfred (possibly).  Maybe there will be a FA FS available before the draft, but I really see him looking at future cap space - hence the reason for taking Murphy this year, who I project will be the replacement for Kerrigan in 2016.

Any good ones coming out?  My bet is we go with OLB (Rak replacement) depending on our record.  Bruce has a plan and it's to pay people like Robert, Trent & Alfred (possibly).  Maybe there will be a FA FS available before the draft, but I really see him looking at future cap space - hence the reason for taking Murphy this year, who I project will be the replacement for Kerrigan in 2016.

No, won't be OLB unless Murphy seems to be a bum. I  could see corner, defensive line (getting pretty old there) or maybe middle line backer.  Safety is possible if we pick in the teens or 20's. 

I think receiver, running back, and qb are out as first round choices.  O line is possible.  It would be great to find a top flight guard or right tackle.

Any good ones coming out? My bet is we go with OLB (Rak replacement) depending on our record. Bruce has a plan and it's to pay people like Robert, Trent & Alfred (possibly). Maybe there will be a FA FS available before the draft, but I really see him looking at future cap space - hence the reason for taking Murphy this year, who I project will be the replacement for Kerrigan in 2016.

isn't Trent more of a Rak replacement?

I think the draft will dictate who we take. I could maybe still signing a FS before the season, depending how Rambo looks. A high end FS draft pick would be great though.

IMHO, for 2015 season, yes, giving the new 2015 rook a year to develop.  Kerrigan's 2015 roster option pickup, which we took advantage of earlier this off season will ensure he's with us through next season.  Good/Great OLB's are not cheap...  I know the cap is supposed to go up but any additional cap room will be all but used up when we need to sign people like Trent and Robert.

I think our 1st round pick goes to FS next year.  He needs to show or he's gone.

It could.  There are a few potential spots, but mostly on the defensive side of the ball.  D-Line is in desperate need for an infusion of young talent.  Depending how Riley/Robinson play, ILB could be it.  SS, depending how Phillip Thomas develops.  Meriweather's on a 1 year deal, and he's 30.  At DB we have Breeland and Amerson for youth, Hall turns 31 in November.  Porter's a journeyman and from brief tweets (so who knows how accurate) he's not been what we hoped...but he's also still getting back into the swing of things from his injury.

Right now, I could see scenario's where ILB, Corner, DLine, SS, FS might be potential 1st round picks.  Most likely of those (at this moment), would be FS, Corner, and DLine.  (A lot of star safeties are just converted corners, such as Byrd, McCourty, and Rolle)

I mean, where would we possibly put a 1st round pick on the offensive side of the ball, barring disastrous career ending injury.  QB is set with RG3/Cousins.  RB is set with Morris and the potential from Thompson/Seastrunk.  O-line seems to have quality developing youth with Compton, Moses, Long, LeRibeus.  WR is set with Garcon, Roberts, Jackson (all still entering their primes) under contract for 3-4 more years.  And we've seemingly got 1 quality youth to develop, in Ryan Grant.

Only thing on offense I can really see, would be TE.  If a beast of a player is available.  A Gronk or Vernon Davis, that can be an elite blocking TE and receiving TE.  How could you pass that up?

So this was an overly long reply.  Whatever.  Anyways, TL;DR...right now the 3 positions I'm thinking of the most would be D-Line, FS, and Corner as likely candidates for a 1st rounder.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 20m

Here are #Redskins defensive starters vs Philly in ’13 season opener. Likely to have 6 new starters. #RedskinsTalk pic.twitter.com/TB5duMOOHO

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 36m

Redskins-Patriots: Five story lines to monitor http://wapo.st/1mppxLK

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 38m

DeSean Jackson will not play in tonight's first preseason game against the The Patriots because of his ankle injury. #Redskins

Retweeted by Paul Conner

According to Saints' Mickey Loomis, Redskins considered Greenbrier resort as a camp site. Loomis had a conversation with Bruce Allen on it.

Fixed it...

I'll be curious to see what Silas Redd has to offer.

Hoping man Seastrunk make some plays.....

lol, the next three posts shore up that train of thought Cali. 

"@PierreGarcon: I wonder what London Fletcher @LFletcher59 is up to??? http://www.sqor.com/posts/45eac9f9-9cc2-426f-8e00-05959885174f "...enough said! pic.twitter.com/HFzCE5jYBz

BucfoDeCMAAtHye.jpg

Keep an eye out tonight during the @Redskins game for a glimpse at Riggo & the Hogs back in action! http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/08/07/riggo-and-the-hogs-reunite-in-papa-johns-commercial/ 

I think the draft will dictate who we take. I could maybe still signing a FS before the season, depending how Rambo looks. A high end FS draft pick would be great though.

They don't have time to develop a FS, get one in FA even if they draft one. WE need safeties like yesterday. 

Haha nice @LFletcher59 well deserved. Can I be like you when I grow up though?

@PierreGarcon In do time young grasshopper!

We do have some quality players on our team, 

1. THANK YOU @DeAngeloHall23 for supporting my daughter Avery!! You're amazing!!! #teamavery #brAvery

2. @danak519: THANK YOU @DeAngeloHall23 for supporting my daughter Avery!! You're amazing!!! #teamavery #brAvery” Anytime, glad I could help!

3.  Retweeted by DeAngelo Hall

@DeAngeloHall23 just rcvd donated tkts 2 the game tmrrw from the Ronald McDonald House! Can't wait to see u in action! #teamavery #brAvery

#LT 5 new starters tonight and Rambo only in due to injury. #RedskinsTalk

Catch "The Sports Fix" live from FedEx Field 12-2 today for pre-game #Redskins @ESPNRadio980

Monitoring how they do their job and actually being the one doing the job are two different things though.  

There is no proof Bruce would be making the calls. And if I had a GM that was afraid to override what he saw that wasn't right, I hired the wrong guy. 

At first glance, that raised an eyebrow for me too.  But in reality, Bruce just sitting there being another set of eyes looking at the monitor probably isn't that big a deal.  Our previous replay watching guys haven't been that great before now.  It's worth a shot.

I would agree and also just him monitoring the set-up and personnel, to see if changes need to be made. It'd be one thing if they were doing a good job, but they have made mistakes, which reflects back on Shanny  the last three years. 

1) 1 big thing Gruden wants from RG3 is to play each play within context of the game. Each snap isn't singular. Every play won't be a TD.

Dedication. Hard work. Sacrifice. | #HTTR

Wow DC9, that backend is scary when you think about it, Josh Wilson? Rambo as a rook? yikes, Doughty poor guy for all his effort couldn't overcome that combo.

Wow DC9, that backend is scary when you think about it, Josh Wilson? Rambo as a rook? yikes, Doughty poor guy for all his effort couldn't overcome that combo.

I am still trying to figure out how we all talked ourselves into that being okay? :lol:

I am still trying to figure out how we all talked ourselves into that being okay? :lol:

I think the clinical term is called denial. :)

The back end of our defense has been atrocious forever.  If the guys up front don't improve this year, we could see more of the same.  Ready for the Hatcher/Baker combo to announce themselves to the league.

Guys. Our OL is still **** for the exception of Trent Williams. We have a 1st round draft pick for the first time since 2012...wouldn't it be smarter to shore up the O-line with the first pick?

Depends where the need is.  Good guards and centers can be had from the 2nd round on.  RTs are usually late 1st round picks.

But, before declaring who we should draft next year, how about figuring out what we actually do have this year?  The team hasn't even taken a snap yet.

Depends where the need is. Good guards and centers can be had from the 2nd round on. RTs are usually late 1st round picks.

But, before declaring who we should draft next year, how about figuring out what we actually do have this year? The team hasn't even taken a snap yet.

Yeah good point. I was just letting the other posters know that O-line might be a better choice (the ones that that are saying our 1st round pick should be for Safety's or DEs next year)

Archived