Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

Not sure i get it. We all want him to do well but at the end of the day he is an un drafted free agent cut by another nfl team

I'm all for rooting of the guy but I'm thinking he's probably not very good at professional football

I agree with your sentiments but sometimes (though rarely lol) these players who get cut pan out for some odd reason. It's so strange, one second the player can't find a team then the next second they just blossom. 

James Harrison(Ravens,Steelers) , Priest Holmes (Ravens), Danny Amendola (Cowboys), Kurt Warner (Packers), Wes Welker (Chargers, Dolphins), Pat Williams(Bills) , Danny Woodhead(Jets) and Arian Foster even though he stayed with the Texans he actually was cut by the texans cleared waivers because nobody wanted him and put on the practice squad and was called up due to injury and only had 200 yards his rookie year.

His 2nd year in the league Slaton was the starter (he had a MONSTER year prior) but got hurt and Foster started and never looked back and now slaton is out of the league.

So yea even though Akeem Davis may flame out and never amount to anything, you can't give up hope sometimes these players develop late and then it magically just clicks so hopefully he's one of those rare players. lol 

You'd think NFL teams would have stuff like this and clock management/TO use figured out but for some reason, there are still pretty bad decisions made each game. I'm certain that experienced Madden players and most super fans could manage the clock better and hit on replay challenges with higher percentages than what occurs now.

Those Madden players are often not remotely under the stress that NFL coaches and players are under at any given moment.  But, I grant you that I got pretty nervous playing online vs. human opponents and made better decisions.  I think it comes down to the fact that the game of football has become so complex and the specialization required so deep and compartmentalized from other skill sets and attributes that it works against the more holistic and less regimented understanding of the flow of the game.  And for some reason, I wonder if being on the field level (Where the head coach and final decision maker) is inhibiting to seeing the bigger picture, whereas fans get to take in announcers feedback/commentary on time left (or the visual graphic), things like crowd noise (urgency when on a quick drive) and any number of other variables from a visual and aural perspective and process it better than an actual coach.

One can make the argument that as things become more complex, even with expert humans, the system is more prone to screw ups on what appear, on the surface, to be simpler matters than say, effective offensive playcalling.

I understand the sentiment surrounding Akeem Davis or most UDFAs.  There's a reason they went undrafted, and there's usually a reason why they don't stick in the league.

However, I watched a couple of Memphis games (yes, I am stuck in NC with ECU grads for parents) while he was there.  My dad and I both wondered who the guy was.  My old man has a much better eye for talent than me (called me after seeing APeterson play one quarter at OU and said he thought AP would be the next Gale Sayers).  And my old man doesn't toss around hyperbole for anybody.

Not that any of that makes a difference, I just thought it was intriguing when we signed the guy.  He just moves differently out there.  I hope he plays well.

And I truly hope CThompson can stay healthy.  He has gifts. :)

I understand the sentiment surrounding Akeem Davis or most UDFAs.  There's a reason they went undrafted, and there's usually a reason why they don't stick in the league.

However, I watched a couple of Memphis games (yes, I am stuck in NC with ECU grads for parents) while he was there.  My dad and I both wondered who the guy was.  My old man has a much better eye for talent than me (called me after seeing APeterson play one quarter at OU and said he thought AP would be the next Gale Sayers).  And my old man doesn't toss around hyperbole for anybody.

Not that any of that makes a difference, I just thought it was intriguing when we signed the guy.  He just moves differently out there.  I hope he plays well.

And I truly hope CThompson can stay healthy.  He has gifts. :)

I'm just ready for somebody... Anybody to take at least one of those safety spots and hold it down for a minute. I've lost count of how many guys we've stuck back there since Taylor died and Landry got hurt and flamed out. If he surprises, then I'd be ecstatic, but if he doesn't what else is new? Thats basically my mindset. We've been throwing pennies, horseshoes, and  funky ass socks at that position for going on 7 years. I'll hold out hope for him until he proves me wrong.

And I hope CT tears it up tomorrow night

One can make the argument that as things become more complex, even with expert humans, the system is more prone to screw ups on what appear, on the surface, to be simpler matters than say, effective offensive playcalling.

I agree with your post and I think that makes it even more important to have a quality person in the booth to help the coach make the quick decision with accuracy. It really shouldn't be coach at all IMO, he should get word from an expert upstairs on challenges.

For clock/TO management somebody should be setting them up for success by being in the coach's ear telling them what their best strategy would be and when to use TOs, reminding them of things like if we don't get this 3rd and 3 make sure you know the play and that we are going to go for it or punt if it's 4th and 1, we have to be quick and not burn a TO etc. None of these things appear very coordinated or efficient at the NFL level.

Nobody should be shocked that @DeSeanJackson11 came up with an injury and will miss the pre season game.

Philly and their fanbase have all of a sudden gotten ****y and annoying recently since their recent season. I hope we beat them twice this year and Desean Jackson has a HOF performance in both meetings. lol

Nobody should be shocked that @DeSeanJackson11 came up with an injury and will miss the pre season game.

Philly and their fanbase have all of a sudden gotten ****y and annoying recently since their recent season. I hope we beat them twice this year and Desean Jackson has a HOF performance in both meetings. lol

just gotta get him 100% for the regular season.

I agree with your post and I think that makes it even more important to have a quality person in the booth to help the coach make the quick decision with accuracy. It really shouldn't be coach at all IMO, he should get word from an expert upstairs on challenges.

For clock/TO management somebody should be setting them up for success by being in the coach's ear telling them what their best strategy would be and when to use TOs, reminding them of things like if we don't get this 3rd and 3 make sure you know the play and that we are going to go for it or punt if it's 4th and 1, we have to be quick and not burn a TO etc. None of these things appear very coordinated or efficient at the NFL level.

Come to think of it, I think a knowledgeable (but not necessarily Xs and Os expert) football fan could be hired to do that sort of job.  Think of it, you'd have access to the TV camera angles (and more?) as well as replays, and maybe you have a TV on to watch the game too. I feel like that's part of the game where fans at least catch the screw ups a bit (so do the commentators, I think it's about not being fully involved in the game and being more clear-minded) and could be helpful.  I fully agree that it should not be a coach because their minds would be focusing on other aspects of the game.

I think it's interesting how some coaches are known for really well-designed and time-efficient practices but almost none of them are particularly good on time management, TO and replay usage.

What color jerseys/pants are we wearing tomorrow night? The usual pre-season red on white? White on red? White on gold?

come on Jim, you know you're not suppose to be on our board anymore.

Chris T has been one of my underdogs this year. If he can stay healthy, he will tear defenses up.

Archived