Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

I'm more unhappy about Phillip Thomas missing tomorrows game.   I haven't heard ANYTHING about him in camp.  That could be good, or very bad.

Gotta read the thread more diligently lol...

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 34m

Morris on Thomas: "Right now he’s an elite box guy. When he’s in the box, he looks as good as anybody."

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 34m

Morris said the biggest problem with Thomas is that the Lisfranc sprain has impeded his footwork - not physically, but developmentally.

Will you guys quit it with the comments about Diana Russini and Brady/Gronk/etc.? We get it. She's a female reporter whose looks have helped her career. But it comes off as sexist when every single one of her tweets is posted along with a comment on how hot and bothered she must be getting by these Patriots hunks.

It's low hanging fruit even if it's true, can't we be better? Maybe not. But I'd like to think we can. We might be stuck with her for awhile, it doesn't make us look good to constantly focus on the fact that she's a woman.

I won't focus on the fact that she's a woman. I won't even focus on how attractive/unattractive she may be. But what I will say is that she's not good at her job at all. Not even half way decent.

That route though!! Once he gets a little stronger and learn how to use his hands a little better off the line, he's gonna light the league up because he is ALWAYS open and has very good hands. Skins may have got a steal here.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 1m

Interesting that #Patriots run sprints at end of practice and #Redskins don’t. Getting in shape is arguably most important thing for Pats

I heard Gruden mention something in his presser about making the guys run sprints after practice because he was disappointed with their conditioning in the hurry up offense. So maybe they'll get around to it. Hopefully.

What does this mean - "even still not much power in red zone"? 

No idea.  She's saying even though, we didn't have Garcon, there wasn't any power.  Like he would be a detriment to us and not a weapon.  Me thinks she's confused.

Unless the "not much power in the red zone" part was actually about the Pats red zone defense lol...then the tweet would make sense.

Maybe it was getting a little dark in the end zone and she thinks Pierre is an electrician in his free time.

Sorry have breaking news in case you missed it......http://terezowens.com/jerry-jones-scandalous-pics-surface/

Jerry JOnes, the gift that knows no calender, and Christmas lasts all year. 

Another classic moment for Jerruh.

Very insightful piece and from yet another pov. Like I said, these "experts" will contradict one another because they have their own interpretation of what they see on the field. They're only human, they're not robots so everyone's assessment will not be exactly the same and often times not even remotely close. They can only call it like they see it.

Is this the same woman in that video who told Ryan Kerrigan that she was in love with Ryan Kerrigan? lol...

I thought the exact same thing as soon as I saw the pic

I like him

As do I.

How did Alfred Morris look?

From the couple practice I attended and everything I've heard, Morris looks primed for another big year. He's using his patience to set up his blocks, using his vision to find cutback lanes, and ripping of big chunks of yardage.

Cooley on 980 yesterday said it's not nearly as bad as the media is portraying it to be and a lot of Brady's awesome plays are plays where he would normally be sacked but he keeps going on afterwards when the D has stopped pressuring to let his WRs get the rep.

Cooley is one of the most knowledgeable guys out there. I value his opinion when it comes to the team.

I think they are on the same page. Griffin just wants the offense and especially the WRs to get used to coming back to the ball and working after their route is over in case he is flushed from the pocket. Seeing as how that wasn't something we did very well last year compared to teams like SF and Seattle, I think it is wise to practice it. It's a dead play anyway work a few extra seconds out and help guys get used to it. 

And even Gruden admitted that Robert has ability and he may be able to do some magical things. I don't want Robert to be robotic and throw it away at the first sense that the play breaks down. I don't want him to forget he can run.

Haven't heard much on him since after the first few days of camp it seems...

That's to bad. Seastrunk looked okay on Monday until he rolled his ankle. He was one of the few rooks this year I've been excited about. Hope he learns to catch soon.

That's to bad. He looked okay on Monday until he rolled his ankle. He was one of the few rooks this year I've been excited about. Hope he learns to catch soon.

I read quite a few tweets from reporters who specifically pointed out Seastrunk making some decent catches out of the backfield. I don't think it's something we should truly worry about.

Iono, I think he is fine with catching. Havent heard of him dropping passes. He needs to focus on pass protection....

I read somewhere that was a concern coming out of college. Pass protection is another. He could be a game changer if he develops properly. He called out a cowboys fan on Monday at practice which earned him big points!

Comment from over at Hogs Haven (http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/8/6/5973979/redskins-training-camp-day-12-open-thread-patriots-joint-practices)

Pats fan, just about to make my return to the beach

Just wanted to say that you guys have been hospitable and I’ve enjoyed the chance to get to know your team.

Several things that I think I’ve learned;

The Washington OLine may be better than New England’s. In 1 on 1 match ups, our DL performed better against their teammates than against the Redskins offensive line. I’ve been keeping track and it seemed generally true in most cases of 1 on 1’s

Ryan Grant is the real deal. This was a deep deep deep class of receivers and he’s one of them that’s starting to show up. Having success against NE’s corners is no easy task. Even aside from the top-two of Revis-Browner, even aside from the fact Alfonzo Dennard is still injured, Logan “Instant Offense” Ryan is a guy we’re expecting to take another step this year. Kyle Arrington is a damn fine slot-corner who’s held the likes of Wes Welker in check. The bottom of the totem pole includes promising 2nd year men Justin Green, Daxton Swanson, and rookie Malcolm Butler the last three of whom I think the Pats will struggle to sneak onto their PS. For a rookie to come out and have success against this group speaks well of their future and Grant I think has a future in this league.

Jordan Reed is an absolute stud. That’s the consensus. What’s most worrying for us is New England took a number of steps this year to improve their defense of Tight Ends. Some think Brandon Browner could play a role to that end. The Pats have also spent a lot of draft picks on Safeties, they picked up Jamie Collins, and they also brought in the veteran James Anderson to make his niche as a coverage linebacker. Apparently Reed has smoked them all even James Anderson who’s looked great in camp. It’s great practice for us because we haven’t had Gronk available for much at all beyond individual workouts.

Great talking to you all, let’s hope for no more injuries! Also please stomp the Giants

I have been listening on Redskins radio and was curious.....they keep saying we got pretty much manhandled by the Pats in these practices.....but up here, it doesn't seem so, did we look as bad as they say we did vs Brady's gang?

We need to start an Official Man-Crush Club thread.

Current ES Consensus Man-Crushes:

Baker, Chris

Clark, Ryan

Grant, Ryan

Reed, Jordan

Robinson, Keenan

Williams, Trent

I am spread thin enough, this is a bad idea. You want tweets don't you? 

I am spread thin enough, this is a bad idea. You want tweets don't you? 

I was half-kidding. Half ;)

In all seriousness, I cannot wait to see Grant go to work in the preseason opener. Some other players I'd like to take a good look at are: Spencer Long, Tom Compton, Niles Paul, Will Compton, Trent Murphy, and Bashaud Breeland.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp14/story/_/id/11315184/new-england-patriots-washington-redskins-show-achieved-dual-practices

5. Don't judge a defense going against Tom Brady: Redskins reporters and fans were wondering if their defense was going to stink this year while watching the practices against the Patriots. I heard the same thing last year when the Patriots scrimmaged the Eagles. Stop. Brady would make the Steel Curtain look bad in a dual practice. In seven-on-seven and team drills, Brady is unstoppable. Running a hurry-up practice offense, Brady balances smarts with accuracy. Opposing defenses don't have a chance.

Last year, he destroyed an Eagles defense even though he had three rookies among his main targets. The young receivers are still young, but Brady can get the ball to Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola on just about any play. No quarterback is better than hitting an underneath pass in the red zone that could be taken into the end zone. Gruden called it poetry in motion watching Brady throw in practice. It is an honor to watch such perfection

Archived