Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

Here is the quote.

That is not exactly "Bruce Allen will have final say on all replay decisions." I think it is typical DC media taking a fragment and trying to blow it up into an issue.

yeah i think the quote means that bruce allen will be up in the booth just like a few ot the coaches are, and they all usually let gruden know whether they think he should challenge a call or not

yeah i think the quote means that bruce allen will be up in the booth just like a few ot the coaches are, and they all usually let gruden know whether they think he should challenge a call or not

That is how I read it. Kinda like "We've got some coaches up there and Bruce will be around too." For all we know Bruce went to him after the press conference and said. "Actually I won't be in the booth I'll be in the box with Dan."

Most teams are beyond disorganized when it comes to replay challenges and seem to repeatedly blow them with consistency.

I don't care if it's Santa Clause in the booth helping determine if a call should be challenged or not as long as that person nails it.

You'd think NFL teams would have stuff like this and clock management/TO use figured out but for some reason, there are still pretty bad decisions made each game. I'm certain that experienced Madden players and most super fans could manage the clock better and hit on replay challenges with higher percentages than what occurs now.

Here is the quote.

That is not exactly "Bruce Allen will have final say on all replay decisions." I think it is typical DC media taking a fragment and trying to blow it up into an issue.

Definitely not as ominous as previously thought. But what else is new around here  :)

I figured it was something like this....but, why is Allen involved at all? Does any other GM do this?

I have to say I wasn't a huge fan of the Gruden hire and creating Tuskers North around him...so maybe I'm a little paranoid about an issue like this - I'll concede that - but damn between half of this year's draft and comments like this, I am officially worried about Allen.

Hell Dallas' GM is down on the field at the end of close games making play calls.

Height/Weight/Speed plus dude showed he could tackle in college:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypboDPL855Q

I admit he's a wishful thinking longshot but the physical skillset is there....

When I first clicked the link I said to myself "Ok this thing is too long, there's no way in hell I'm gonna sit here and watch a 20+ min highlight vid, I'll just skim thru it"

I ended up watching every second of it. His highlight tape reminds me a lot of Landry when he was coming out of LSU. Before the bash session starts I'll clarify and say that in no way am I saying Akeem Davis will be LaRon Landry 2.0

But they do have that same style of play. Fearless tackling. Nose for the football, always around the play. Great blitz technique. Just a lot of very similar traits (in a good way). The one bad similarity would be the fact that his physicality could draw some yellow laundry on the field just like LaRon used to.

I have high hopes for the kid. I hope injuries and poor coaching doesn't derail his career with the team as it did for Landry.

+1 on the Akeem Fan Club

Not sure i get it. We all want him to do well but at the end of the day he is an un drafted free agent cut by another nfl team

I'm all for rooting of the guy but I'm thinking he's probably not very good at professional football

Not sure i get it. We all want him to do well but at the end of the day he is an un drafted free agent cut by another nfl team

I'm all for rooting of the guy but I'm thinking he's probably not very good at professional football

'

It's the never ending thirst on this board for hoping untalented players make the roster.  There is a reason all these guys are available.  I don't remember one of these man crushes who has made a difference on any Redskins team.

'

It's the never ending thirst on this board for hoping untalented players make the roster. There is a reason all these guys are available. I don't remember one of these man crushes who has made a difference on any Redskins team.

Remember the movie "The Crow"?

"It can't rain all the time." -Eric Draven

"Hopeful." -Me

'

It's the never ending thirst on this board for hoping untalented players make the roster.  There is a reason all these guys are available.  I don't remember one of these man crushes who has made a difference on any Redskins team.

I see where you're coming from but maybe he just needed to find the right situation. For all we know he could end up being the next Kurt Warner or London Fletcher. He could also end up being just another camp body and offseason man crush but you just never know.

He was cut by the Seahawks.  Pretty deep defensive team.  Who knows, but hope springs eternal.  It's fun to root for the underdog. :) HTTR

I wanted to speak on the Tom Brady pocket vs RGIII pocket thing.

The pass rush from us was there we were dominating the line of scrimmage the problem is brady gets the ball out so quick it renders the pass rush useless.

When brady would hold on to the ball as long as RGIII would sometimes,  we would get there for the sack but of course we cant touch him so we would stand there and brady would look for a WR and find one and torch our secondary but it would have been a sack.

RGIII holds on to the ball too long compared to brady brees rodgers and manning and that is why our pocket always looks like it's a mess. RGIII is still learning how to go through progressions properly and fast and it'll take some time but he'll get it once he masters pocket passing.

Jay Gruden is the perfect coach for RGIII, their personalities mesh and Gruden is a QB coach first and foremost. 

Maybe Akeem is a late bloomer as it does happen.  Why not him?  He has the all the measurables.

AND the mental part per Raheem Morris.  We shall see when the live bullets fly.  Fun!  HTTR

@HTTR24_7 in 24 hours the buzz will be about Chris Thompson.

•  

Oh how hope you are right! I have run out of likes; another underdog.  HTTR

Archived