Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

hahhahaaaa, Dre Everything ‏@MrDCsportsSr  23m

Preseason Redskins fan rules.

1. Declare Colt McCoy should start over RGIII after leads the 4th stringers to a TD.

2. Declare a guy to be cut after his first penalty.

3. Predict the record of the team after the first drive.

4. Find your Colt Brennan, Jessie Lumsden or Marko Mitchell.

5. If the Redskins look bad, tell us how you never liked the Jay Gruden hiring from the start.

Everyone has talked about the new contact rules regarding WR-CB battles but what about TE-LBs. Jordan Reed. Yikes.

Did she just wake up> hahahhaa

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna  8m

Tom Brady will not be starting for Patriots against The Redskins.

1. 4. Find your Colt Brennan, Jessie Lumsden or Marko Mitchell.

2. @MrDCsportsSr Great football name, HE's canadian, HE's Tall.

'

It's the never ending thirst on this board for hoping untalented players make the roster.  There is a reason all these guys are available.  I don't remember one of these man crushes who has made a difference on any Redskins team.

Alfred Morris - I wasn't on his bandwagon early, but some of the ES crowd saw the talent.

Yeah good point. I was just letting the other posters know that O-line might be a better choice (the ones that that are saying our 1st round pick should be for Safety's or DEs next year)

So we've spent three 3rd rounders on the o-line in the past 3 years.  We just signed Lauvao and will pay him 4 million in 2015.  We have a later round draft pick that's developing decently.

At some point you have to have faith in the process.  You have to have faith that you can develop youth.

Look at our D-Line, our youngest players are entering their 4th year in the league.  Jarvis Jenkins and Chris Neild.  They're FA's in the offseason, and haven't shown to be pieces we can build around.  Cofield is 30, Bowen is 30, Hatcher is 32.  Our D-Line literally has no youth we're developing.  The bulk of our D-Line snaps will go to older players with the exception of Chris Baker, who is turning 27 soon.

Let's look at safeties now.  We have Meriweather (30 years old, turns 31 during the playoffs), Clark (34 years old, turns 35 in October).  We have some youth, but Rambo is playing himself off the team.  Akeem Davis could turn his career around, who knows.  The only youth we have that coaches seem pleased with, is strong safety Phillip Thomas.

So the o-line has 4 youngsters who should make the Final 53 man roster.  We're developing 4 guys along the line.  3 of whom were Day 2 draft picks.

Our D-line has 0 youth.  We're developing nobody, and the d-line is starting to get old.

Our SS spot could be alright long term, but our FS spot could have zero people next season.  Clark will be a FA, and he might even retire.  Rambo can't tackle, and can't play on special teams.

In terms of positions that are in dire need of talented youth, O-Line is not among them.

Guys. Our OL is still **** for the exception of Trent Williams. We have a 1st round draft pick for the first time since 2012...wouldn't it be smarter to shore up the O-line with the first pick?

I'd rather draft a lineman with our 2015 1st rounder (either OL or NT) rather than a FS.

Quality linemen are so much harder to find.

We can take a FS with our 2nd rounder.

I know, at some point during this preseason, if one of our games is broadcast on CSN with Kenny Albert and Joe Theismann, I'm going to be subconsciously forced into ordering a big-ass beautiful pizza from Papa Johns.

As far as I know, they'll all be broadcast on CSN. Thats usually what I watch during preseason. I typically stay away from the big networks during preseason because they're more unbiased, and usually spout nonsense anyways. With all the drama from ast year, it's not hard to figure out what they're going to spend most of their time talking about.

Bruh needs a nail clipper

I wonder how he.... you know, with nails like that. Gonna mess around and chop a girl up

As far as I know, they'll all be broadcast on CSN. Thats usually what I watch during preseason. I typically stay away from the big networks during preseason because they're more unbiased, and usually spout nonsense anyways. With all the drama from ast year, it's not hard to figure out what they're going to spend most of their time talking about.

I'm checking my Verizon FIOS listings and it's telling me the game will be on FOX tonight and the Ravens game will be on CSN. :huh:

I'm checking my Verizon FIOS listings and it's telling me the game will be on FOX tonight and the Ravens game will be on CSN. :huh:

They're usually simulcast with whatever the feature channel is. So it is likely that the featured channel for Skins/Ravens is Comcast....unless they stopped doing that this year  :mellow:

Guys. Our OL is still **** for the exception of Trent Williams. We have a 1st round draft pick for the first time since 2012...wouldn't it be smarter to shore up the O-line with the first pick?

Im along this line of thinking. Gotta see how the O-line does this year. Still not yet sold on our RT & RG positions. Guess it depends on the quality of the draft and who's projected to be available when we pick. Our defense definitely cause use some more studs. Gotta ride this season out first.

Wow, didn't realize Will Compton was the backup Mike now.

Went from father time (no offense to Fletch, as he's forgotten more about football than those 2 guys know, at least right now) to two guys who can run with anybody. Just gotta nail down X's and O's, and tackling, and we should be pretty set there, as both guys continue to develop.

You know, I'm do tired of worrying about future rosters. That's what you can do in the offseason. It's the season now. Let's worry about "this year" and stop worrying about 3 years from now. Play with the players you have and worry about development and salary cap in February.

Jeff Trippelett's crew= expect a TON of penalties called!

My only issue with this whole Griffin extending plays is do we really think he will throw the ball away right when the play is a bust? It simply wont happen he is always going to try and extend the play and will flip it out of bounce right at the end if there is nothing available and no running lanes. His will to win and make something out of every play is just too much. At least this year he will have his speed and elusiveness back but i feel this will always be an issue. Sometimes it will work, other times it wont. As long as he isnt taking massive hits i can live with it.

My only issue with this whole Griffin extending plays is do we really think he will throw the ball away right when the play is a bust? It simply wont happen he is always going to try and extend the play and will flip it at of bounce right at the end if there is nothing available and no running lanes. His will to win and make something out of every play is just too much. At least this year he will have his speed and elusiveness back but i feel this will always be an issue. Sometimes it will work, other times it wont. As long as he isnt taking massive hits i can live with it.

Thats the delicate balancing act you play with a mobile QB. There's only so much coaching you can do on that front imo. I think Griffin just has to hone his instincts.

I don't want him to do that every other play, but I don't want him to be robotic either. His athleticism is a rare asset that can help the offense and take the life out of a defense, and he cannot ignore it. I just don't want to see hm getting crushed anymore. He takes way too many unnecessary hits, especially int eh pocket

Archived