Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

Still can't believe so many trip out about the schedule before any games have been played. Every year teams come out of nowhere and win and vice versa.

It comes out in the depths of hockey, basketball, and world football seasons.  It's like throwing a nugget to a group of starving hobos.  And they don't know if it's fish or chicken.  Half the people are always happy and the other half have something to complain about no matter what.

Every year we have 6 or 7 games where we lost by 7 points or less (when we lose that many games).

It's not really a mark of improvement.  It could be, depending on how the games were played out, but last year it was regression in just about every category.  Even the ones that "couldn't get any worse".

That's what happens though when you lose the locker room. The team at the end just didn't have it or cared really, they kinda hoped the year was over before it was over. I think the new energy, the new additions, some of the returning injured can change that. With ST's play they could narrow that gap and actually win close games. 

Every year we have 6 or 7 games where we lost by 7 points or less (when we lose that many games).

It's not really a mark of improvement.  It could be, depending on how the games were played out, but last year it was regression in just about every category.  Even the ones that "couldn't get any worse".

Yeah Im pretty sure the average margin of victory for a lot of teams is at or near around 7 points anyway. great teams win those games, and bad teams lose them.

Yeah but you can never tell what teams ebb and flow, but as you said, it would be hard to be worse, hahaa. If the team is showing growth and competitive, I would be good with any record close to .500

Are any these teams like the 1993 Redskins?  How about our 2000 team?  Even our 2013 team?

That's what happens though when you lose the locker room. The team at the end just didn't have it or cared really, they kinda hoped the year was over before it was over. I think the new energy, the new additions, some of the returning injured can change that. With ST's play they could narrow that gap and actually win close games. 

Oh I don't think last year will have anything to do with this year.  If it does it's a media creation or we are in really deep **** :lol: .

Are any these teams like the 1993 Redskins?  How about our 2000 team?  Even our 2013 team?

Well, Norv had that effect no matter where he went.  Ask Chargers fans about next year as their season ended each year he was there.

I think this team (well, the 2012 version) late in the season, showed that they could close out games better than I'd seen in years.  Creative defense, great running game to closeout wins, balanced offense throughout most of the game.  Those are things you can build on if you choose to.  That's up to the coaching staff, though.

Some of the better brains on the board last year (well, in our opinions) had absolutely no idea what we were trying to do throughout most of last season.  About the only time anything made sense was the first half of the Vikings game... if memory serves that was laid to rest pretty quickly.

Mine:

Tom Compton

Adam Hayward

Will Compton

Akeem Davis

Seastrunk

I've got Compton as a carry over from last year.

I would've had him splitting reps with Fletcher after the Vikings game.  Compton would've been starting for Polumbus and Polumbus would've been inside playing for Chester.

You're really high on Davis, honestly have not heard a lot about him.  I'm excited for any potential at Safety though.

Mine:

Tom Compton

Adam Hayward

Will Compton

Akeem Davis

Seastrunk

Here is my list - some are clearly on the team, some may just be Summer-time crushes

Amerson, David - hoping for 1st pro bowl appearance

Breeland, Bashaud - hoping for quality depth, #4 corner

Davis, Akeem - hoping he makes the team (4.37 40 at his pro day)

LeRibeus, Josh - hoping he pushes into staring lineup

Thomas, Phillip - hoping he pushes into staring lineup

Murphy, Trent - hoping for 5+ sacks, 1+ forced fumble and a pick 6

You're really high on Davis, honestly have not heard a lot about him.  I'm excited for any potential at Safety though.

Davis ran a 4.37 40 at his pro day ( posted URL, but it was removed.)  Every team dreams of that kind of speed at the safety position.

I've got Compton as a carry over from last year.

I would've had him splitting reps with Fletcher after the Vikings game.  Compton would've been starting for Polumbus and Polumbus would've been inside playing for Chester.

Height/Weight/Speed plus dude showed he could tackle in college:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypboDPL855Q

I admit he's a wishful thinking longshot but the physical skillset is there....

I bet you didn't know Will Compton is actually our fastest ILB

Height/Weight/Speed plus dude showed he could tackle in college:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypboDPL855Q

I admit he's a wishful thinking longshot but the physical skillset is there....

I bet you didn't know Will Compton is actually our fastest ILB

I saw Will Compton play one series, might have been against Tennessee, but I think it was the second game, and I was like "Wow, this kid went undrafted?"

Was impressed with Kimbrough, too, pre-injury in that Tennessee games.  I think this defense is much better with Fletcher on the couch.  We all loved him, but he was past done last year. 

I just watched that vid on Davis before you posted it :lol: .  The only questions I have are about the level of competition.  But he plays with a vicious swagger.  I love that.  You can't create personality. 

Can't wait until tomorrow.

But no, I didn't know he was our fastest LB, lol.

The 2013 Skins were an anomaly, injured QB, cap struck and a coach who quit. That could doom any team other than a Defensive juggernaut.  

That boy is about to tear ever "CL" in his right knee.  Good lord.

I never really focused on that until you said it. That looks nasty, 

The 2013 Skins were an anomaly, injured QB, cap struck and a coach who quit. That could doom any team other than a Defensive juggernaut.  

Which is what the post is about.  There are teams that have been dominant for a long time (the 1993 Redskins were my example) and fall off a cliff.  There are teams that take advantage of the fact that the former dominant team is fading (or has an off year) and no one else stepped up (the 2000 Redskins were an example).  Finally, good teams have issues which may cause big problems for a season (2013 Redskins are hopefully an example) and provide an opening.  My point was that as a long time fan, I have been on the receiving end of all three and I've seen it happen to other teams.  As far as schedules go, we've got an easy one.

Per the Washington Post:

" Bruce Allen will have a role on game days beyond greeting the tail-gaters at FedEx Field. He’ll be up in the booth helping with the decision-making on replays and when to challenge calls or not, Gruden said."

Does this concern anyone besides me?

Per the Washington Post:

Bruce Allen will have a role on game days beyond greeting the tail-gaters at FedEx Field. He’ll be up in the booth helping with the decision-making on replays and when to challenge calls or not, Gruden said.

Absolutely.  Let's hope it's just an exaggeration of something Gruden said - because if Allen is making any real time calls during a football game then we are back to dysfunction.

Per the Washington Post:

Bruce Allen will have a role on game days beyond greeting the tail-gaters at FedEx Field. He’ll be up in the booth helping with the decision-making on replays and when to challenge calls or not, Gruden said.

Idk if he is overreaching his job title or just knowledgable at football and wants to help. The media could have a field day with this.

Personally I don't like it but who knows it might not be terrible if he knows the rules and all.

Absolutely.  Let's hope it's just an exaggeration of something Gruden said - because if Allen is making any real time calls during a football game then we are back to dysfunction.

Here is the quote.

“Yes. We have our coaches already set up for the booth and they’ll help me out and I’m sure Bruce [Allen] will be up there also, helping out with the replay, so we’ve got it all situated.”

That is not exactly "Bruce Allen will have final say on all replay decisions." I think it is typical DC media taking a fragment and trying to blow it up into an issue.

Here is the quote.

That is not exactly "Bruce Allen will have final say on all replay decisions." I think it is typical DC media taking a fragment and trying to blow it up into an issue.

I figured it was something like this....but, why is Allen involved at all?  Does any other GM do this?

I have to say I wasn't a huge fan of the Gruden hire and creating Tuskers North around him...so maybe I'm a little paranoid about an issue like this - I'll concede that - but damn between half of this year's draft and comments like this, I am officially worried about Allen.

how much playing time will kirk cousins get tomorrow night? most of the 1st half after RG3 comes out?

From Gruden's presser:

On his plans for the starters tomorrow:

“I’m planning to start them, obviously, and then see how we do. Probably about 8-10 plays, tops, maybe the quarter depending on my satisfaction.”

Probably just under 2 quarters. After the starters are done, the 2nd team will more than likely be handed the keys tip half time.

Archived