Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

I'm one of RG3s biggest supporters, but...

Not based off 1 preseason game, every player has to earn their spot. I think a QB competition is healthy.

He's not Peyton. He can be granted the spot. Frankly, I think most would say he's unproven given the caveat of 2012 read option effect.

I don't see it being a competition right now. But, I won't be shocked if it becomes a question at some point in this season or the future.

Again, it's good to have competition.

:rolleyes:

This is why you should always think before you post.  He's clearly our best QB, but people want to take any opportunity they can to cast doubt on his abilities.

Best part about listening to the game last night:

I'd really like Cooley to be the new Larry in the box. He is great up there. I was saying in the other thread I wouldn't the surprised if on those swing passes they were designed and Griffin had the instructions to look at all of his progressions and then throw the swing pass to practice that sort of stuff while he can.

If Robinson kept his hand up and made the TD catch and RG3 went 3/4 with a TD would we be talking about Cousins? They were clearly working on the run game with the starters. RG3 was not asked to do much. He hit a couple of check downs, missed on one throw and had a nice throw on the non TD. 

Didn't Eli's first drive of the preseason end with a sack/fumble? 

Relax everyone, one drive and 4 passes is not enough info to make any sort of decision about anything QB related.

If Robinson kept his hand up and made the TD catch and RG3 went 3/4 with a TD would we be talking about Cousins? They were clearly working on the run game with the starters. RG3 was not asked to do much. He hit a couple of check downs, missed on one throw and had a nice throw on the non TD. 

Relax everyone, one drive and 4 passes is not enough info to make any sort of decision about anything QB related.

Robinson def blew that play, he should take notes from the cincy WR who had a similar catch and only worried about getting his feet in and not that he was going to slam to the ground. That's how it's done Robinson was ruled out because he went to cushion his fall.

Yeah. We've seen what Griffin can do in 29 live games (including playoffs).  We've seen what Cousins can do in 5 live games.  It's not comparable.  This is basically a practice game. 

I always say, if you do not have a clear cut starter at QB, you have no starter.  And that's bad news.  I know Griffin is the clear cut starter. 

Not interjecting anything. Just making an observation on the way things are, unfortunately.

Except they aren't in this case. That was not a very smart comment to make, IMO. And you were 100% inferring racism. Don't try to deny that. 

You say "you know exactly what I am saying" in one post and then "not interjecting anything" in the next. Come on man.

Robinson def blew that play, he should take notes from the cincy WR who had a similar catch and only worried about getting his feet in and not that he was going to slam to the ground. That's how it's done Robinson was ruled out because he went to cushion his fall.

Maybe AR15 wants to be more like Dez Bryant...   :blink:

bloggiants201529.jpg

Racism is stupid, and this is not a racism thread. So, let's let that go. ;)

Liked what I saw out of McCoy last night. I would, however, expect a former starter to rip through a defense comprised of roster bubble players and camp fodder. Wonder if Gruden might give him an opportunity to play with the 2nd unit (perhaps starting unit :ph34r:) at some point in the preseason. I also wonder if his performance might sway JG to keep 3 QBs on the roster. It's early yet, I realize, but certainly adds some intrigue to the final 53. :D

Had a feeling I'd end up regretting that post. Whew.

no **** huh? :ols:

Racism is stupid, and this is not a racism thread. So, let's let that go. ;)

Liked what I saw out of McCoy last night. I would, however, expect a former starter to rip through a defense comprised of roster bubble players and camp fodder. Wonder if Gruden might give him an opportunity to play with the 2nd unit (perhaps starting unit :ph34r:) at some point in the preseason. I also wonder if his performance might sway JG to keep 3 QBs on the roster. It's early yet, I realize, but certainly adds some intrigue to the final 53. :D

I still think McCoy could be a starter in this league. To bad most our receivers are so fast he could never get them the ball.

I didn't think Chris Thompson did anything that would spring him to the forefront. I think he needs to do more in the next game or he could be gone if Lache and Silas keep playing well.

I was disappointed by that. It would be one thing if 4 other guys didn't look like starters.

I have no doubt RG3 is our best QB and its not even close.

However, even Brady states he takes every practice like he has to earn the spot. Been like that since Michigan.

But, yes, he can potentially struggle. Frankly, if Wilson struggled I wouldn't be 'shocked'. He has a great D/running game and I can't say I remember a game 'he won'.

So, under that premise, a SB champ to me would have to earn a spot too.

:rolleyes:

This is why you should always think before you post. He's clearly our best QB, but people want to take any opportunity they can to cast doubt on his abilities.

Not casting doubt, if he's got it, won't matter. I don't think there's even a sniff of competition. But let's be honest. Nobody is quite sure what to expect. Between system in 12 and injury in 13, it's the greatest question that isn't very forefront.

And I'm glad it's not, but to ignore it wouldn't be fair

I have no doubt RG3 is our best QB and its not even close.

However, even Brady states he takes every practice like he has to earn the spot. Been like that since Michigan.

But, yes, he can potentially struggle. Frankly, if Wilson struggled I wouldn't be 'shocked'. He has a great D/running game and I can't say I remember a game 'he won'.

So, under that premise, a SB champ to me would have to earn a spot too.

Wilson can make plays. Did it last year. But even he and Kaep both looked laughable at times, and Kaep was in his third year. The difference between the 3 is they have better teams around them to help alleviate some of that, and they can grow within those confines. Griffin has never had that luxury.

I just wish people could exercise some patience. I truly believe he will get it, but it just might take one more year. Personally, I can live with that.

Gruden fully realizes that the score of last night’s game means nothing. He’s already a leg up on one of his predecessors #ballcoach #osaka

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN · 2h

The #Redskins played 37 different players on offense and didn’t take a delay of game or have to burn a timeout to avoid one. #RedskinsTalk

For the record, the #Redskins did draw a delay of game flag but it was when the field goal team was on the field.

I agree, and JG has said a couple times this camp that 'it will take time'.

That tells me Grif will struggle this year at times. I think that will be natural. I just don't think it's absurd to talk about competition.

I'm not on the KC should start crazy train. But, it will be brought up at times when he makes glaring mistakes. He and everyone need to just accept it. Than, he needs to squash it with growth and devrlopment

Top 5 plays of the game:

1.  RG14's snatch-grab catch.

2.  Colt's sideline "out" pass to AR15 for first down.

3.  AR15's breakup of interception and concealed face-mask grab.

4.  Compton's tackle in backfield during goal-line stand.

5.  Seastrunk's juking runs.

On the first play, as @MarkBullockNFL has already pointed out only had 10 defenders. Pats run left pic.twitter.com/Ss3GL6dWx3

@P_Hazard @MarkBullockNFL if this was 6 years ago you'd know we were playing single high safety and all 11 were on

.@RedskinsRT @MarkBullockNFL I was thinking maybe Ryan Clark was doing a Sean Taylor Tribute with only 10 defenders on field.

Bruh did you hear that one lady ?? She sounded like she had a Cousins shrine in her house

I was absolutely blown away by that call.  It was IMPRESSIVE. Not in the content, but her stamina and grit. She was like a dog on a bone, wouldn't let it go.  I'd say it was Kirk's new wife, but I'm pretty sure that she's not as much of a fan of Kirk as this lady was.

It was one of the more classic radio call-ins that I've ever heard.  

Kevin ‏@HTTR24_7 11m

I see the idiots calling for Kirk Cousins came out of their holes for the season... Probably the dumbest people I've ever heard on the radio

Chuckle.  It's humorous.  

Kirk did look pretty good after that first pass though.  Credit where due, I think he's also gotten better in the off-season, and this offense is probably better suited to him than the one that he was trying to learn the last couple of years. 

Yeah they're out in full force on 980. It's like they didn't even watch the damn game last night.

People are nuts

The guy after the girl was also particularly funny.  

We also got a Dan Snyder hater, who waited around for 10 minutes to say that Dan would hire Vinny back before the first game. 

I love how WaPo came out with the article about the Patriots missing numerous starters. Like we weren't missing key guys either  :rolleyes:

Clearly they are the lone voice of rationality

They have to rabble rouse.  It's their only play to keep people interested. 

Archived