Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

Never, ever overreact to the NFL preseason. Having said that, the Cowboys are the worst team in the NFC.

lmao... :D

I've been listening to Dallas sports talk today. They think 6-10 is about the best they can hope for. They were debating taking the under on the 8 win O/U line for the Cowboys. It is always fun to listen to rival sports talk after they have bad games. Especially Dallas. 

RG3 is the best option at QB, kill all of this brouhaha.lol Just go back to how Cousins looked in the last 3 games last season. Likewise w/ McCoy. Yea they looked good, but to even insinuate that they should be looked at over RG is laughable. Enough of this.

Sorry, but last year the team had totally given up by the last 3 games and KC was setup to FAIL.

Regardless of the game outcome, he never really had a chance. Mike Shanahan was sabotaging the team from within, creating a divided locker room, and basically doing anything and everything to piss people off.

I simply cannot blame KC for those games. He was/is just an easy target, especially for all those who thought RGIII was given a raw deal (which he was).

Now, is he a better option than RGIII? Hell no, but he is not as bad as people make out.

I'm telling ya'll, re-watching the game right now.  You know who should up REALLY well?

Baccarri Rambo.

I also noticed that on EVERY Cousins drive, there was a 15 yard penalty against New England.  Some drives there were two!

So Cousins got about 70 free yards and only one TD.

*drops mike*

I've been listening to Dallas sports talk today. They think 6-10 is about the best they can hope for. They were debating taking the under on the 8 win O/U line for the Cowboys. It is always fun to listen to rival sports talk after they have bad games. Especially Dallas. 

As much as I hate the Gurls and with it only being the first pre-season game I must say that squad they showed on my TV sucked to high heaven.  I most say it did provide me with 3 hours of great comic relief.

D Hall? Are they kidding? H may be a little chirpy from time to time but there is no way in hell I'd put him in the same group with those other guys, including Meriweather unfortunately

Surprise Surprise.  No Giants on that list.

As always... F Mara.

I think the reason that there are no Giants is that they have kidnof become a soft group, especially defensively. 

As for hall being on there, yeah, whatever.  Merriweather needs the chat. 

I'm going to be Mr. Optimistic guy: Can't hurt to review film with Troy Vincent. (Who, btw, is a die-hard Eagle.  Which might have more bias than mara in this case.)

D Hall? Are they kidding? H may be a little chirpy from time to time but there is no way in hell I'd put him in the same group with those other guys, including Meriweather unfortunately

A little more info here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000375674/article/troy-vincent-taking-player-safety-message-on-the-road

Another player Vincent singled out as receptive was Redskinscornerback DeAngelo Hall.

"We have a long-term relationship, we've known each other a long time, so we had a really good discussion," Vincent said. "He got it, he understood. Some of the others were not as cordial, and that's OK, too."

Hall's teammate Meriweather had a shorter meeting with Vincent, and when asked about being on the list in June, responded: "I can't say I shouldn't be on the list. At the same time, I do understand why they'd do it."

Meriweather reiterated what he's said in the past, that it's difficult to adjust a player's style at NFL speed, but said he's made a concerted effort to fix his issues, using new teammate and fellow safetyRyan Clark as a sounding board. Clark was under the league's microscope for his playing style as a Steeler, but has not incurred a fine in three seasons.

"I've got Ryan, I've got the coaches, they're gonna help me with all that," Meriweather said.

A little more info here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000375674/article/troy-vincent-taking-player-safety-message-on-the-road

Another player Vincent singled out as receptive was Redskinscornerback DeAngelo Hall.

"We have a long-term relationship, we've known each other a long time, so we had a really good discussion," Vincent said. "He got it, he understood. Some of the others were not as cordial, and that's OK, too."

DHall might have matured more than any other player in the NFL from 2012-2014. Like the light finally came on for him as a person, which has also helped his play.  

We Are DC Sports ‏@KCMSports 8m

Why Lache Seastrunk should be a lock to make final #Redskins roster. http://ow.ly/2LryBC #HTTR

Nice read for Seastrunk fans...

I gotta agree with this, seastrunk is the perfect compliment to Morris and i dont think we should cut him in fear of someone snatching him up. Take your chances with Thompson and Redd being on the practice squad and keep seastrunk provided he keeps showing good things.

Why Lache Seastrunk should be a lock to make final #Redskins roster. http://ow.ly/2LryBC  #HTTR

Nice read for Seastrunk fans...

I would normally cue the "first preseason game against scrubs" talk here.... but the last RB we had that looked like that late in a game was Alfred Morris against Buffalo his rookie year.

I have a really good feeling about this kid.

Got to agree with you, DC9.

I have to admit I had my reservations on Strunk, but he definitely quelled those notions after his performance last night. It's one thing to read tweets and observations here, but it's a whole other to see it live action. Kid has some wheels and gives JG the change of pace back that he desires in this offense.

As a FSU fan (GO NOLES :D), I had hoped and expected Thompson to be that guy. And I still have hopes for the kid right now, but I have to admit Strunk showed he could more than capably fill the "Darren Sproles type" back JG likes.

Let's wait and see though if JG decides to give Strunk a look with the 2nd (perhaps quite possibly the first) units to see how he fares. Otherwise, I was thoroughly impressed with his spped, vision, and cutting ability.

That is pretty much why I said if I'm forced to keep only three runningbacks it's going to be Morris, Helu, and Seastrunk. Thompson is a good player and Redd has shown some ability as well but you just can't risk losing someone like Seastrunk. I hope we can keep four backs and that would mean Thompson too, I just haven't done a roster projection to see if keeping four backs is even a good idea.

JK, I think it'd be premature to do a roster projection this early in the game. No pun intended. :P

But it might be interesting to have a little fun with it just to see what areas folks might trim to supplement other areas. IMO, for example, after McCoy's performance (albeit, I would fully expect him to play competently against 3rd stringers and camp fodder) against the Pats, does that now force JG to keep 3 QB's instead of 2?

Also, I've read tweets and posts possibly suggesting keeping 6-7 WRs. Is that doable and, if so, what positions do you take from in order to keep that number? And with that said, RBs are kind of in the same boat. Strunk won't stick on PS with his performance last night, so what back is deemed expendable even with Royster a roster cut casualty?

Got to admit though, this is a refreshing and nice problem for our new regime to have. :D

The CSN crew always does a very good job with these post game player interviews. After I've watched one, I always find myself just sitting back and letting them all play. 

MTGTM, Nice early projection.

Couple of questions though:

1) You go with only two QBs? Hypothetically, let's say all 3 continue to be impressive (excluding RG3 who is the obvious starter) throughout the preseason. Do you let a Cousins walk or McCoy who has shown he can adequately run the offense?

2) I see you kept Morris (obvious), Helu, and Strunk. What about Thompson (looked decent last night) and Redd who was definitely impressive last night. Do you run risk of Redd being picked up by another team?

Agree with WR picks all the way. Can't see them keeping 7 without hurting other areas of the team.

Just curious what you think. :D 

Archived