Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

Actually, was thinking Forbath and missed that it was about the ST coach.

ST overall seemed better.  Had a couple of poor coverages allowing the returner to get to far upfield.  One where the kicker had to make the saving tackle.  Much better overall though.  Very few punts in the game because the offense was too efficient.

Actually, was thinking Forbath and missed that it was about the ST coach.

ST overall seemed better.  Had a couple of poor coverages allowing the returner to get to far upfield.  One where the kicker had to make the saving tackle.  Much better overall though.  Very few punts in the game because the offense was too efficient.

It was Hocker who tackled the runner - he's one tough SOB.

Yeah they're out in full force on 980. It's like they didn't even watch the damn game last night.

People are nuts

Or last year....

Why can't we just be happy that the lines played well, the team was fairly disciplined, and we tackled? :lol:

Preseason game 1 ya'll.

Or last year....

Why can't we just be happy that the lines played well, the team was fairly disciplined, and we tackled? :lol:

Preseason game 1 ya'll.

20 years of suck can impede the neurological development of sports fans.

Thats just the way this town is. Thats the way the media is. There is always some angle/agenda (not that the team itself hasn't helped that). Always. Hate/controversy sells. Everytime I listen to a call in session its like an AA meeting.

Overall, good game with a lot of positives but also some things that need to get cleaned up. (And could those Pats announcers have been anymore inept :( Here's a couple of observations I took from the game (disclaimer: it's a preseason game so I'll temper my excitement :ph34r:):

RG3 looked decent in a very limited sample size. JG came out running the ball (effectively I might add) so RG3 wasn't asked to do much in that first series. Nice fade pass giving AR15 an opportunity to make a play. Cousins looked a little shaky at first but then settled down nicely. McCoy looked to be the better of the 3, but I don't read much into that. He's a former starter in this league and isn't your typical "3rd stringer/clipboard" guy. Not to mention, he was going against guys that more than likely will not make the team come roster cuts. Otherwise, solid showing by all 3.

I initially thought WR was going to be the deepest position on the team, but after watching the RBs last night I have reconsidered this. Morris is Morris and continues to be the man. After #46 though, the competition was fierce. Helu looked good, as did Thompson. But, the night truly belonged to Redd and Strunk. Those guys showed up to play and battle for a roster spot. They played exclusively in the 2nd half, so you can only take so much out of that. However, I believe these two will get some work with starters for the remaining games for evaluation. One things for sure, they aren't making things easy for Gruden and Co. :D

R. Grant and AR15. Save for the early non-TD, AR15 showed up and played like he truly wants to be on this team. It was refreshing to see him doing something other than "Go Long, ****er!". :lol: Grant looked like he's been in the NFL at least a couple of years. When watching him, he doesn't strike me as a rookie. Plays disciplined and makes plays. Nothing flashy, just a guy who's coming to work.

DL played well and I think I spotted (gasp) a pass rush. :P Much better showing by the front seven and seemed to generate pressure throughout the game. I will allow for the fact that Tom Svelte Hair Brady was not in the game and that took away from the overall assessment of our guys there, but still nice to see them getting pressure.

Secondary held their own, but again would have liked to see how they'd fair against a starting caliber QB.

STs. Forbath looked all-out-of-sorts last night. He clearly looked uncomfortable from the start and it didn't get better as game went along. Hocker looked the better of the two and is definitely pushing Forbath. A couple of STs miscues, but I'm willing to give Ben K. a chance to correct that. Afterall, he did inherit a mess of a STs unit and has had to basically start over building a new unit.

Just my take, feel free to add or disagree at your leisure. HTTR! ;)

I'm one of RG3s biggest supporters, but...

Not based off 1 preseason game, every player has to earn their spot. I think a QB competition is healthy.

He's not Peyton. He can be granted the spot. Frankly, I think most would say he's unproven given the caveat of 2012 read option effect.

I don't see it being a competition right now. But, I won't be shocked if it becomes a question at some point in this season or the future.

Again, it's good to have competition.

Not based off 1 preseason game, every player has to earn their spot. I think a QB competition is healthy.

He's not Peyton. He can be granted the spot. Frankly, I think most would say he's unproven given the caveat of 2012 read option effect.

I don't see it being a competition right now. But, I won't be shocked if it becomes a question at some point in this season or the future.

Um when the alternative is Cousins then Id say we are just completely screwed if the need for real competition arises.

Also where is this talk even coming from? It's been one game

Competition is never good at that position anymore.

Bad media will end your season. We should know this by now.

Um when the alternative is Cousins then Id say we are just completely screwed if the need for real competition arises.

Also where is this talk even coming from? It's been one game

And we don't know exactly what he was told to focus on for the game. It's all eval/experimenting. I doubt he'll look like that come Week 1. And even if he does, its his second full offseason. Gotta be patient.

Everybody wants instant grits

Archived